Trooper shot dead, may have identified the shooter

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Paul Butterfield, Michigan Trooper, Fatally Shot During Traffic Stop

A state trooper who was fatally shot during a traffic stop in western Michigan played a key role in leading police to the person they believe shot him, authorities said Tuesday.

State police Lt. Chris McIntire said Trooper Paul Butterfield provided location and vehicle information to a dispatcher before he was shot Monday evening in Mason County.

Seriously, wouldn't it be great if it were possible for every victim of gun violence to be able to identify their shooter?

If that's not possible, how about being able to identify the owner of the gun or the buyer of the ammo?

That's what I have with the air tasers. If one if fired, it shoots out tiny tags that identify the owner of the taser.

How could anyone object to being identified as the owner, shooter and/or buyer of the ammo? The only one to gain anything by remaining anonymous is the ILLEGAL shooter.

A state trooper who was fatally shot during a traffic stop in western Michigan played a key role in leading police to the person they believe shot him, authorities said Tuesday.

State police Lt. Chris McIntire said Trooper Paul Butterfield provided location and vehicle information to a dispatcher before he was shot Monday evening in Mason County.

Seriously, wouldn't it be great if it were possible for every victim of gun violence to be able to identify their shooter?

If that's not possible, how about being able to identify the owner of the gun or the buyer of the ammo?

That's what I have with the air tasers. If one if fired, it shoots out tiny tags that identify the owner of the taser.

How could anyone object to being identified as the owner, shooter and/or buyer of the ammo? The only one to gain anything by remaining anonymous is the ILLEGAL shooter.

We already have that, its called a rifling pattern.

As I recall gunpowder can not be tagged because the tag causes the round to explode. Besides gunpowder doesn't survive to be identified. Further all a tag on a bullet would do is identify who made it and maybe where it was sold. Unless of course you plan to require everyone to register ammo. And then you run afoul of the 2nd Amendment.

But you love the illegal gun owners and criminals!!
Remember!!
It's the law abiding gun owners you hate with a fanaticism not seen since Himmler visited buchenwald!!

Cops have the right to defend themselves, why not everyone else?

Why do some rw's ALWAYS lie?

Really, there is no answer in lies. Why not just approach an issue as a problem to be solved?

I've said it over and over but I'll say it again. I am not in favor of banning guns or keeping guns from legal owners.

I AM in favor of holding people legally responsible for their own actions.

The only ones who would not want to be identified are those who are breaking the law. IOW, the nutter posts are saying you want criminals to get away with their crimes.

But you love the illegal gun owners and criminals!!
Remember!!
It's the law abiding gun owners you hate with a fanaticism not seen since Himmler visited buchenwald!!

Cops have the right to defend themselves, why not everyone else?

Why do some rw's ALWAYS lie?

Really, there is no answer in lies. Why not just approach an issue as a problem to be solved?

I've said it over and over but I'll say it again. I am not in favor of banning guns or keeping guns from legal owners.

I AM in favor of holding people legally responsible for their own actions.

The only ones who would not want to be identified are those who are breaking the law. IOW, the nutter posts are saying you want criminals to get away with their crimes.

Your proposal makes no sense. The illegal owners will not be subject to registration.

Forum List

Back