Troy Newman: Anti-abortion activist detained after flying to Melbourne

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
6817096-3x2-460x307.jpg

Troy Newman was due to speak at events around Australia over the next fortnight

American anti-abortion activist Troy Newman has been detained at Melbourne Airport, after travelling to Australia even though his visa had been cancelled.

Mr Newman, who has questioned why doctors who abort babies are not executed, had his visa cancelled by the Immigration Department yesterday and was stopped from getting on a flight in Denver.

But the ABC understands he flew on a United Airlines flight, and a spokeswoman for Immigration Minister Peter Dutton said the airline now faces a fine for carriage of a person who does not hold a valid visa.

Anti-abortion activist Troy Newman detained after flying to Melbourne

Just shows the grip the commies have on other countries.

Interesting that you don't support other nations controlling their borders...

A supposed free country like Australia should't cancel a visa to censor speech. Why did they issue the visa in the first palce?
"Since Mr Newman-Mariotti does not hold a visa, he is unable to enter Australia and remains in the presence of ABF (Australian Border Force) officials at the Melbourne Airport pending his removal," the spokeswoman said."

They don't like the Taliban there, real one or American. You're good with that eh?

""I am concerned that Mr Newman's presence in Australia will cause significant harm to our community," Ms Butler said in a letter to the Immigration Minister.

"I am most concerned that Mr Newman's call for abortionists to be executed could lead to threats or the commission of acts of violence against women and medical professionals.""

I think it's Michael Savage who brags about being banned in Britain. Funny how UK and Australia don't like our far right wingers, whereas France has Le Pen who makes our far right look like Commies.

Interesting that you don't support other nations controlling their borders...

A supposed free country like Australia should't cancel a visa to censor speech. Why did they issue the visa in the first palce?
"Since Mr Newman-Mariotti does not hold a visa, he is unable to enter Australia and remains in the presence of ABF (Australian Border Force) officials at the Melbourne Airport pending his removal," the spokeswoman said."

They don't like the Taliban there, real one or American. You're good with that eh?

""I am concerned that Mr Newman's presence in Australia will cause significant harm to our community," Ms Butler said in a letter to the Immigration Minister.

"I am most concerned that Mr Newman's call for abortionists to be executed could lead to threats or the commission of acts of violence against women and medical professionals.""

From the OP: My B/U and spelling correction.

Mr Newman, who has questioned why doctors who abort babies are not executed, had his visa canceled by the Immigration Department yesterday and was stopped from getting on a flight in Denver.

So my question remains, why did they issue the visa in the first place?

Forum List

Back