🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Truman Was Right About The CIA...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
Interesting piece by Jeff Deist of the Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity

Truman-on-the-CIA.jpg

Say what you will about President Harry Truman, but at least he didn't leave the White House a suspiciously rich man. He also actually went home, to Independence Missouri, and moved into a modest house he didn't own. It was the same house belonging to his wife's family where he had lived with Bess (and his mother-in-law!) decades earlier.

Contrast this with the luxe post-presidential life of the Reagans in Bel Air, or the still-unfolding saga of the Obama's jet-setting life between Kalorama, Palm Springs, and Oahu!

But even if Truman's homespun honesty and common man persona sometime wore thin, he deserves credit for the startling admission that he regretted creating the CIA. Speaking to a biographer in the 1960s, less than 20 years after signing the National Security Act of 1947, Truman expressed a sense of foreboding about what the agency had become, and would become:

Merle Miller: Mr. President, I know that you were responsible as President for setting up the CIA. How do you feel about it now?

Truman: I think it was a mistake. And if I'd know what was going to happen, I never would have done it...

More:
Truman Was Right About the CIA

Truman never said that is the point.

It was Dulles he despised, who reciprocated equally.

Truman never said that is the point.

It was Dulles he despised, who reciprocated equally.

Dulles was a very evil dude. Most feel he was involved with the JFK Assassination. Kennedy fired him. He hated Kennedy, yet he was allowed to serve on the Warren Commission. Crazy stuff.

Forum List

Back