🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump; African Americans deserve better

Do you actually think AA people are going to vote for this guy under any circumstances? They have a disgust for his kind of politics written right into their cultural DNA
Yes I do...you need to get out more.

Trump polls at about 2% with African-American voters ,, and if you think blacks are going to vote for Trump or republicans, you're delusional..What in the Hell would make you believe that bullshit?

America first! That means all of us.... Black White Red Green Yellow purple orange. What we have had is not working. Obama's ideas for whatever reason did not work...he failed us. It's time to make America great again and we will all benefit from that.

Don't look now, but your party is essentially all-white.

Exactly how do you propose to preach "all of us" when your party is all-white?

That is a great speech. The problem remaining is to get the inner-city black communities to listen to it and learn from it.

Well, you know, if here were to have delivered it at an inner city location where there are more than 20 black people available to be in the audience, that might happen. Do you know how many people live in West Bend, WI? ~31K. What percentage of them are black people? 1% If Trump wanted to be sure to have a substantial share of black folks in his audience he could have delivered his speech in any number of places:
  • Detroit, MI -- Oh, wow...Detroit, now there's an interesting place to deliver a speech that at least a dozen times in about 10 minutes expressly calls out to mentions black voters. It's even in one of the so-called battleground states....
  • Miami Gardens, FL -- Oh, boy...lookee there...another large black community in another "battleground" state.
  • Flint, MI -- Darn, a third heavily black community in Michigan. Hillary Clinton didn't go to Flint did she? Oh, wait, she went there at the height of their water crisis, but I suppose that didn't do anything to make those folks feel as though she gave a damn about them, even if she had to bring her own water. I'd wager that literally millions of "regular" people donated something to help the people in Flint during the crisis.
  • Savannah, GA -- Wonder of wonders. There's a meaningfully sized black community there too, and wouldn't you just know that he's struggling in the polls in GA. I guess that makes it yet another lousy place to make an appeal to black voters.
  • New Orleans, LA -- How bad a place can New Orleans be for delivering a speech to black folks? The Saints stadium and the Convention center are "a stone's throw" from the 9th Ward. (Hell, forget black folks. What about just regular folks suffering hardship? The folks in Baton Rouge and the surrounding area who are flooded out, for example. Have you heard word one from Trump about them?)
  • Harlem, NYC -- For the love of God! The man doesn't even have to go far from his own damn home to reach out to blacks.
Now of course simply making a big speech in a venue that is sure to have a heavily black audience is just a gesture, but at the very least it's start, which, quite frankly, aside from a few empty words and accusations in last night's speech about what someone else has not accomplished instead of remarks about how and what he will accomplish, Trump hasn't even made. And, yes, more than a gesture and a few empty words are going to be necessary, for even though there are some blacks who "buy" Trump's BS and who are willing to overlook his prior deliberate acts of derision toward blacks, the fact remains that most blacks have enough experience with recognizing race-based discrimination and being overlooked, especially by folks from Trump's strata of society. Don't forget, black folks have worked in the homes of folks like Trump and his parents.

If one doesn't think those people hear "stuff" and can tell "what's what" with the folks they work for, and cannot tell when folks are just "smiling in their face," one is insanely naive. I know the majority of black folks can tell a bigot when they interact with or observe one. On more than one occasion when Daddy had company over, the black women who worked in our home would come into the kitchen where I was and start singing "Smiling Faces" right after Daddy had made some sort of complimentary remark, usually about the food and wonderful spread that had been prepared, because they had plenty of times also overheard what he said on other occasions when he had no idea they were within earshot. Yes, outwardly and in terms of pay and so on, Daddy did right by those women, but inside and based on things he said to me about black folks, he thought better of his dogs. He's better than that now, but he's only going to get but so much better....Even so, he knows Trump's "stripes," or at least what they look like, just as do black folks, Latinos, David Duke and others.

And another thing. I know Trumpeteers are quick to try to introduce comparisons with other folks. In this case the comparison will be with Hillary and Bill Clinton. So, in preemptive mode, let me point out some facts that go well beyond mere gesture.
  • A Harlem rally served as both reunion and reintroduction for Hillary Clinton and Bill Clinton has an office in Harlem.
  • HIllary Clinton did show up in Flint, MI during the water crisis and her donors contributed half a million dollars to the cause. (also: Beyond the talk, here's what Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders are doing to actually help Flint)
  • Bill Clinton's office was in Harlem.
  • The Clintons have lived among and interacted closely with blacks since they were "knee-high to nothing." Some of their good deeds make news, like the millions of black kids helped by the Clinton Foundation, and other bits of it only make their way through the "community grapevine." (Blacks and Latinos know what I'm talking about.)
  • Toni Morrison made it very clear for all how Bill Clinton has lived the black experience writing:
    • After all, Clinton displays almost every trope of blackness: single-parent household, born poor, working-class, saxophone-playing, McDonald’s-and-junk-food-loving boy from Arkansas. And when virtually all the African-American Clinton appointees began, one by one, to disappear, when the President’s body, his privacy, his unpoliced sexuality became the focus of the persecution, when he was metaphorically seized and body-searched, who could gainsay these black men who knew whereof they spoke? The message was clear: “No matter how smart you are, how hard you work, how much coin you earn for us, we will put you in your place or put you out of the place you have somehow, albeit with our permission, achieved. You will be fired from your job, sent away in disgrace, and—who knows?—maybe sentenced and jailed to boot. In short, unless you do as we say (i.e., assimilate at once), your expletives belong to us.

White folks of many stripes and great in number, even some of us who do a somewhat decent job of it and how are genuine in skirking the legacy into which we were born, being proud of ourselves while we too hold in equal regard our non-white brethren, often enough succumb to viewing race, it's attendant issues and strife, as merely matters of skin color. Make no mistake, it is that, but it's also much, much more than just that. You see, for as much as race has been about melanin, or physical features, the hued and unhidden aspects of it harbor within and issue largely from the need to name, to label someone before doing something to them. Race is not a sober-minded description of peoples. It is casus belli.

Plain and simple race is little but shorthand for the variously overt and covert battle for power: one side trying to get a share of it and the other husbanding it in any way possible for themselves. Clinton isn’t black, in Morrison’s rendition, because he knows every verse of Lift Every Voice and Sing, but because the powers arrayed against him find their most illustrative analogue in white supremacy. “People misunderstood that phrase,” Morrison would later say. “I said he was being treated like a black on the street, already guilty, already a perp.

Now, one can make all sorts of arguments over whether the pursuit of Clinton was, in fact, analogous to how black people have been regarded across American history. But Morrison was not giving Clinton an award. She was welcoming him into a club which should not exist.

Most Americans understand race as indelible -- as a thing which you really are -- and thus Morrison’s point went right over the heads of even relatively educated people. This is convenient. As long as “race” can be considered as who you are, and not what someone else did to you, then Americans can see themselves as heroic do-gooders in struggling against our more ignorant and animalistic impulses.

So when Donald Trump with gall overflowing says that the Clintons, Hillary or Bill, don't care about the circumstances of African Americans...When Trump to just about the whitest audiences he can fine -- be it the folks in West Bend, WI or the folks in the GOP convention with it's 18 black delegates -- utters platitudes of attesting to his desire to help African Americans in one sentence and the very next sentence about restoring law and order tacitly remarking that they are the source of the lawlessness....When Trump has yet to accept an invitation to appear before any major black organization....When Trump does all that, black folks aren't too damned dumb to know what he really means. And while a gesture is nice and it will be welcomed, he's still got a long way to go between now and November....

Trump's been at this campaigning thing for over a year and here, the ides of August 2016, is when he finally decides he should talk about African Americans and all he wants to do for them? Puh-lease! I don't know who I think is the bigger fool. Him for trying to get folks to believe his sh*t or the folks who actually do believe it.

And and he has the nerve to accuse Hillary Clinton and Democrats of caring naught about blacks but for their votes come election season! Even assuming he's right, a proposition having odds comparable to that of the Second Coming being this Friday, but just for grins assuming he is right, can you say "psychological projection?" Yessiree, Bob. Can the pot call the kettle black and think the skillet don't know what's going on? Not today, baby.

"Lots of black folks were born at night, but not nary enough of them were born last night."
-- 320 Years of History, paraphrasing an idiom that's been around "forever"​

Last edited:
If you start deporting illegal immigrants that have jobs those jobs open up for Americans and some of those Americans are African Americans. How hard is it to think past step 1 people?

Oh, well, of course, that's a big boon to black folks. I bet they can't wait. Not!!!

I don't know if you are a minority or not, but as I think about it, it doesn't matter either way. What matters is that you don't understand something that minorities and women do: when the society starts deriding as "the cause of all or most of the problems" one segment of the overall "underclass," it's just a matter of time before the segment to which one belongs becomes the target of derision and acrimony. It doesn't matter when one starts -- with immigrants from "here or there," with Muslims, with women, with blacks, with gays, with "one-eyed, one-horned, flying purple people-eaters," etc.

And just so I'm clear, you can read "society" as "white men," because that's basically whom this country has served since day one and whom have been well served by it until about the 1990s. How do I know that? Because I'm one of those white men whose lilly white and very well served family have been here since the 1600s. If you think I don't know what "hand" has "fed" me and my male ancestors, you don't know much about me. The thing about me is that I'm not afraid of the prospect of having to compete on a level playing field and I've prepared my kids to be able to do the same and thrive just as effectively as I and my forefathers have done even though we may have to do so without the built in edge they had.

You see, I don't have a problem admitting that I benefitted from my whiteness and my maleness. It doesn't bother me to admit that because I know I didn't make it that way; I found myself living in a world that just is that way. I also have the sense to know it's not fair to others like my very brilliant and capable daughter who deserves to play second fiddle to no man. I as well have the sense to know that one day, maybe sooner or maybe later, it won't be that way. I can't by myself make that happen, nor can I stop it from happening. What I can do is make sure my kids and I are well prepared to compete effectively when it does so that our advantages in knowledge, education and other legitimate merits can be brought to bear as needed in individual instances.

Off topic:
All those Americans were here before the immigrants came and so were the jobs. Americans -- black, white or otherwise -- didn't want the jobs, would not take/apply for the jobs, and whatever else led them to not get them. What in the hell makes you think that once the immigrants doing those jobs leave Americans are suddenly going to want them?

Last edited:
Do you actually think AA people are going to vote for this guy under any circumstances? They have a disgust for his kind of politics written right into their cultural DNA

Trump polls at about 2% with African-American voters ,, and if you think blacks are going to vote for Trump or republicans, you're delusional..What in the Hell would make you believe that bullshit?

1. you didn't listen to his speech. 2. what in the fuck have the libs done for blacks? lmfao.

Trump will make it patriotic to be black.

Yeah, get out the patriotic flag, tell everyone what is patriotic and what isn't, then declare yourself the patriot and your opponent the antithesis of patriotism.

Isn't that the way of the right?

Some blacks, you excluded, have brains....

Listening to Trump's speech in Wisconsin right now. I hear him talking about what's wrong, what's transpired, how he assesses those events and phenomena, what someone else is doing, and so on with regard to black folks. I await so much as the first proposal or assertion about what he will do that is different. His trend is to never identify how he'll achieve any of his stated objectives. I expect that will be what he does again.

• Trump says in this speech which seems targeted at black folks:
    • "I will secure our borders...yatta, yatta, yatta..."
    • I'm going to renegotiate NAFTA, strand up to China, protect every last American job."
    • I'm going to give a massive tax cut to every worker, bring thousands of jobs and make it hard for companies to leave the U.S.
That's all great. How? In implementing policy to achieve those goals, what will change for black folks? That's what I want to know. I think that's what anyone with any sense and who is open to considering whether to vote for Trump over someone else, would want to know.

I'm sick and tired of hearing Trump tell me about what's been and the other folks who are running. Everyone running has the same goals: make everything better than it is now. Those are the same stated goals, one way or another, of every political candidate who's run for anything in the past century. I want to know what he's going to do and how; telling me that would be doing something different from what every other candidate has done.

It's worth noting, BTW, that the speech is heavily targeted to black voters/citizens. One member of the audience in the room listening to the speech, a white woman, remarked how it's strange that Trump chose to deliver his exhortation to black folks in a room comprised of 1% or fewer black people and that Milwaukee would have been a much more logical choice for delivering this speech. Of course, by the same token, it's easy to talk about a community of people when that community of people aren't by and large present to respond in person and real time on national television to one's words.

You know what other places it'd make sense to deliver this speech? Before any of the three organizations that I know of as having invited Trump to address them: NAACP, Urban League, or the NABJ.
He said, "African American community needs more cops not less". No shit.

So why after Gw Bush's great recession did Republicans cut funding for such things?

They said we don't have the money but their priorities are out of wack. Stop giving corporations tax breaks then.

Trump isn't completely wrong on this or NAFTA. When he talks like a liberal sometimes he makes some sense.

Do you actually think AA people are going to vote for this guy under any circumstances? They have a disgust for his kind of politics written right into their cultural DNA.
At some point in time, Blacks will tumble to the idea that the Democrats have taken them for granted, for decades, and that Democratic nanny-state -ism is a huge part of what is keeping them down on the nation's inner-city ghetto plantations, but it's going to take a lot more time, before that finally sinks-in, and it's going to take a lot more convincing.

This, however, is not that point in time, and Attila the Hun is not the Messenger to deliver that Epiphany.

Do you actually think AA people are going to vote for this guy under any circumstances? They have a disgust for his kind of politics written right into their cultural DNA.
At some point in time, Blacks will tumble to the idea that the Democrats have taken them for granted, for decades, and that Democratic nanny-state -ism is a huge part of what is keeping them down on the nation's inner-city ghetto plantations, but it's going to take a lot more time, before that finally sinks-in, and it's going to take a lot more convincing.

This, however, is not that point in time, and Attila the Hun is not the Messenger to deliver that Epiphany.
You can talk for 100 years. Let's see Republicans DO. Win blacks over with your actions not your words

Forum List

Back