Trump ally reportedly says: 'He's an asshole, but he's our asshole'

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
This is amazing, from a republican ally.

Republican Trump ally reportedly says: 'He's an asshole, but he's our asshole'

With friends like this ...

Duncan Hunter of California was one of Donald Trump’s first backers on Capitol Hill, long before it became fashionable. But like other Republicans, there are signs of buyer’s remorse.

“He’s just like he is on TV,” the congressman reportedly told colleagues on Friday. “He’s an asshole, but he’s our asshole.”

The comment was reported by the San Diego Union-Tribune, which said it was recounted by four people present when Hunter spoke at a Riverside County Young Republicans meeting at a sports bar in Murrieta, California.
<more>

With respect to Trump and his administration, don't read anything with "reportedly" in the first sentence. It is inflammatory, usually slanderous, bullshit. If the speaker is not willing to speak for attribution then it was either not said, or said in a private context, not for publication.

This is interesting in that it shows how utterly desperate the Left is to avoid any discussion of issues or policy.

This is amazing, from a republican ally.

Republican Trump ally reportedly says: 'He's an asshole, but he's our asshole'

With friends like this ...

Duncan Hunter of California was one of Donald Trump’s first backers on Capitol Hill, long before it became fashionable. But like other Republicans, there are signs of buyer’s remorse.

“He’s just like he is on TV,” the congressman reportedly told colleagues on Friday. “He’s an asshole, but he’s our asshole.”

The comment was reported by the San Diego Union-Tribune, which said it was recounted by four people present when Hunter spoke at a Riverside County Young Republicans meeting at a sports bar in Murrieta, California.
<more>

Ummm, that is a sentiment toward just about every politician, except for the ones universally despised and hated like Paul Ryan.

Im an asshole.

I get shit done. I don't take shit from anyone. I built a business from scratch and fought the unions years back. Despite being an asshole NONE of my help sided with the union. I don't take any shit from shitty customers and have damn near come to blows with a handful of them over the years. Despite that hardass stance I am still number one on Angieslist for about 12 years in a row now.
I am the guy in the bar who drags your ass out the door when I see you abusive towards a woman.
Pretty much everything about me has a rough edge yet I have become very successful and have had a pretty damn good life all things considered.

No introverted softie pushover can make these same claims. I pity the pushovers of the world.

Forum List

Back