Trump and Cruz Can Forgive and Forget to Save the Convention for Themselves.

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Listen to the audio on Cruzes comments regarding the eligibility of candidates that do not meet the conditions of Rule 40B which states that no person can be put forward in the convention for nomination to the Presidency unless they have won the majority of delegates in each of at lest eight states.

Trump and Cruz agree that the nomination will go to either Cruz or Trump, so Kasich is just pissing in the wind.

Priebus: 'The party is choosing a nominee'

Only on the first ballot, I believe. The media has been discussing this ad nauseum, lately, and 40B can't apply to votes after the first ballot, because they are talking about Paul Ryan, who hasn't even run.

Either the Rules committee changes how things are done, the week before the Convention, or enough delegates abstain so that neither Trump nor Cruz can get the majority, so that opens the nominations to everyone on Ballot 2.

Only on the first ballot, I believe. The media has been discussing this ad nauseum, lately, and 40B can't apply to votes after the first ballot, because they are talking about Paul Ryan, who hasn't even run.

Yeah, that is one of the things that really galls me. Rule 40B applies to all ballots as the other peoples names cannot be put in for the nomination, and it was designed this way to keep RonPaulbots from hijacking the 2012 convention. But that got settled prior to the convention, but they put it in anyway for future use; now it is biting them in the ass.

And yet these Establishment Creeps are talking like rule 40B doesnt exist, but Trump and Cruz delegates have other plans on that matter and will have the votes to make 40B stick.

Forum List

Back