Trump Claims Credit For Record Stock Market Using Bogus Reasoning

The Dow went up over 5000 points in the 9 months after Trump lost the election. He predicted a market crash.

Without a doubt the big stock market movers and shakers, the Big Banks and the Fed were glad Trump lost in 2020. Biden was right to give the Fed the political freedom it needed to raise rates (at the risk of leading to a “hard landing” recession) and for it to introduce QT. In this sense at least some discipline was returned to the market. Of course fiscal discipline won’t return anytime soon no matter who is in office, but now the economy may grow itself out of danger and set the stage for lowering the debt in the future, which would be the best outcome.

That was a brave move, well organized by Powell, to confront inflation head on. Plenty of forces in banking and the stock market have pushed for a premature lowering of Fed interest rates. Trump had pressured Powell and pushed for “Zero Interest Rates” — a totally irresponsible policy.

On returning factories to the U.S. Trump had managed what? To delay the closing of one small air-conditioning factory? To supposedly get an agreement to keep Harley Davis here? But as I recall even that later went up in smoke! Since 2021-22, on the other hand, factory construction in the U.S. has had a fabulous run, and huge efforts are being made to introduce high-tech industries, microchip foundries, etc.

Of course the stock market and economy could still crash if the Russians, Chinese, or Iranians go crazy and war spreads, upsetting the world economy.. Much is out of the control of any President.

The biggest threat may end up being political anarchy and civil war coming from Trump and his supporters (the Texas Governor for example). Normally a disfunctional government is ok for big businesss, even preferred generally, but things have reached such a crisis level that our private economy can be harmed deeply if deadlock continues. Even now, MAGA can use their majority in the House to refuse to pay our debts, which is probably the only way a great country like ours with an experienced Central Banking system and fiat currency can actually go bankrupt.

Of course the 2024 election, should Trump win, may change everything.

Last edited:
View attachment 894914

The former president claimed his polls against Biden are "so good that investors are projecting that I will win, and that will drive the market up."

Former President Donald Trump is attempting to take credit for a healthy stock market despite having been out of office for a full three years now.
And you’ll never believe this, but his logic borders on the ridiculous.

On Friday, U.S. stocks hit a record high for five straight days and cinched a 12th winning week out of the past 13 ― good news for the economy, and presumably for President Joe Biden.

But Trump didn’t see it that way, insisting via his Truth Social platform that he’s the real architect of the recovery, because of reasons.

“This is the Trump stock market because my polls against Biden are so good that investors are projecting that I will win, and that will drive the market up,” Trump wrote in a post on Monday. “Everything else is terrible (watch the Middle East!), and record setting inflation has already taken its toll. Make America Great Again!!!” (Actually, he wrote this in all caps, but you knew that.)

More at the link below...

I credit President Biden for the booming stock market! What do you think?
Arent you morons blaming him for the issues at the border? He’s had as much to do with that as this.

The stock market is hitting record highs a full year before he would be sworn in because they're just so excited?

:auiqs.jpg:

The dumbass Trumpers here say the market doesn't matter. Are they going to flip flop AGAIN?

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:
Bidenomics in one chart.
IMG_9197.jpeg

The stock market is hitting record highs a full year before he would be sworn in because they're just so excited?

:auiqs.jpg:

The dumbass Trumpers here say the market doesn't matter. Are they going to flip flop AGAIN?

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:
Of course. That’s what they do

I thought the headline offered above ---"STOLEN VALOR" was deadperfect spot-on.

I also think Don Trump simply cannot get out of the way of his own overwhelming narcissism. Other than that, I'm pretty neutral.

*Although, I had not seen that Joe Isuzu ad before. It was fantabulous. A hat-tip to poster '2-cents' for sharing it with the forum.

** And too, Joe Isuzu and Don Trump and Baghdad Bob make sort of a Winkin', Blinkin' & Nod trifecta of memorable characters. No?

Bob's Wisdom:

"
  • "My feelings, as usual, we will slaughter them all."
  • "Their forces committed suicide by the hundreds. ... The battle is very fierce and God made us victorious.
  • "The cruise missiles do not frighten anyone. We are catching them like fish in a river. I mean here that over the past two days we managed to shoot down 196 missiles"

1706622307386.png

View attachment 894914

The former president claimed his polls against Biden are "so good that investors are projecting that I will win, and that will drive the market up."

Former President Donald Trump is attempting to take credit for a healthy stock market despite having been out of office for a full three years now.

On Friday, U.S. stocks hit a record high for five straight days and cinched a 12th winning week out of the past 13 ― good news for the economy, and presumably for President Joe Biden.

But Trump didn’t see it that way, insisting via his Truth Social platform that he’s the real architect of the recovery, because of reasons.

“This is the Trump stock market because my polls against Biden are so good that investors are projecting that I will win, and that will drive the market up,” Trump wrote in a post on Monday. “Everything else is terrible (watch the Middle East!), and record setting inflation has already taken its toll. Make America Great Again!!!” (Actually, he wrote this in all caps, but you knew that.)

Biden is kicking his ass so hard that he has to claim credit for it. What a joke Trump is. Biden is going to walk back into the white house in 2025 easily with this economy.

Biden is kicking his ass so hard that he has to claim credit for it. What a joke Trump is. Biden is going to walk back into the white house in 2025 easily with this economy.

Biden has a 60% disapproval rating on the economy..... And if it weren't for the Economist/Yougov poll (which is an outlier) it would be higher than that.

If (and this is a big if) Trump were able to just point at Biden and ask do you really want 4 more years of that? He'd likely win going away.

So now Trump is admitting what we all know

The economy is doing pretty well.

Laughingly he wants credit for it

It's truly amazing how disconnected some people are with reality in order to convince themselves that their chosen political bent or politician is working.

It's very clear that the economy is not working for the vast majority of people. Biden has a 60% disapproval rating on the economy overall and 65% disapproval on inflation. Let me guess people dont really think there's a problem at the border even though 65% disagree with Biden's handling of it?

It's truly amazing how disconnected some people are with reality in order to convince themselves that their chosen political bent or politician is working.

It's very clear that the economy is not working for the vast majority of people. Biden has a 60% disapproval rating on the economy overall and 65% disapproval on inflation. Let me guess people dont really think there's a problem at the border even though 65% disagree with Biden's handling of it?
Tell Trump. He wants credit for the economy now that people realize it’s doing pretty well

Tell Trump. He wants credit for the economy now that people realize it’s doing pretty well
Only seems fair, you want to blame him for the border problems. It seems you think he's in charge and not Biden. LOL

BTW, what you are saying is that he's like every other politician. Takes credit for all the things going well and blames his opponent for all the things going poorly.

BTW, what you are saying is that he's like every other politician. Takes credit for all the things going well and blames his opponent for all the things going poorly.
Why I’m saying is that even Trump is now admitting that the economy is doing well

Why I’m saying is that even Trump is now admitting that the economy is doing well

No he's saying the stock market is doing well which 6 years ago you were saying didn't equate to the economy doing well. But that was when your guy wasn't in office so.....

View attachment 894914

Looks to trees, my little wampum, if you want truth. Look to sky, look to running brook and proud buffalo. You find only forked tongue in pale face. Hi ya ya ya! Hi ya ya ya!! Hi ya ya ya!!!!

After watching old Brandon's constant flubs during the last three years the left accuses Trump of faulty reasoning? You almost gotta laugh.

Forum List

Back