Trump completes deal with Mexico on trade

US, Mexico reportedly strike deal on new NAFTA agreement

Can't wait to see what's in it! Canada's turn!

"Many of the most significant changes agreed to by Mexico and the United States simply update the pact to take into account the rise of the internet and the digital economy since the agreement was negotiated. But Mr. Trump’s advisers have also pressed for big alterations to the rules governing automobile manufacturing, in an effort to bring more car production back to the United States from Mexico.

To qualify for zero tariffs under Nafta, car companies would be required to manufacture at least 75 percent of an automobile’s value in North America under the new rules, up from 62.5 percent previously.”

Hey, 12.5% is 12.5% more than we had before….It’s an incredibly minor “concession” that probably could have been gained without our President acting like a complete idiot.

Many of the most significant changes agreed to by Mexico and the United States simply update the pact to take into account the rise of the internet and the digital economy since the agreement was negotiated. But Mr. Trump’s advisers have also pressed for big alterations to the rules governing automobile manufacturing, in an effort to bring more car production back to the United States from Mexico.

To qualify for zero tariffs under Nafta, car companies would be required to manufacture at least 75 percent of an automobile’s value in North America under the new rules, up from 62.5 percent previously. They will also be required to use more local steel, aluminum and auto parts, and have a certain proportion of the car made by workers earning at least $16 an hour, a boon to both the United States and Canada.

I suppose everyone is celebrating now, just like they did, seconds after Trump made that 'deal' with Kim un/North Korea, when Trump announced to the world that, "North Korea is no longer a nuclear threat to the US."

Yep; start busting those pinatas folks.

I suppose everyone is celebrating now, just like they did, seconds after Trump made that 'deal' with Kim un/North Korea, when Trump announced to the world that, "North Korea is no longer a nuclear threat to the US."

Typical leftist. Hates America simply because President Trump is leading it.

Kim un played Trump like a cheap azz $2 fiddle, Trump then lied about the NoKo threat, and fairy tales must be good for you.

what exactly did we celebrate about meeting with Un other than they were meeting?

Kim un played Trump like a cheap azz $2 fiddle, Trump then lied about the NoKo threat, and fairy tales must be good for you.
how exactly?

I didn't care much for the outgoing mehican presidente continuing to mention canada being part of the deal...Trudeau is a candyass punk and might try to torpedo it if the mehicans continue to insist it be trilateral. Trump could get embarrassed taking that call live if the beaners get pissy about it being just them and us.

He didn't play Trump for anything because Trump didn't give him anything. When Trump realized there was a problem, he canceled meetings with the little imp. If it was Hillary in charge, she would have signed an agreement regardless if he refused to de-nuke.

In any case, the midget knows he's not playing with kids. Trump is calling ass on him. Finally, a real leader.

He didn't play Trump for anything because Trump didn't give him anything. When Trump realized there was a problem, he canceled meetings with the little imp. If it was Hillary in charge, she would have signed an agreement regardless if he refused to de-nuke.

In any case, the midget knows he's not playing with kids. Trump is calling ass on him. Finally, a real leader.

LOL. Trump came away from the Singapore summit claiming a great victory, with a great 'deal' & claiming that North Korea is no longer a nuclear threat to America.

Trump is not a leader; Trump is a con man & it worked on you & tens of millions of dumb asses.

LOL. Trump came away from the Singapore summit claiming a great victory, with a great 'deal' & claiming that North Korea is no longer a nuclear threat to America.

Trump is not a leader; Trump is a con man & it worked on you & tens of millions of dumb asses.

I don't believe he ever said they were no longer a threat. However the little clown did stop testing rockets which is a step in the right direction. And nobody knows where this will lead just yet. Kim could just be testing the waters right now to see if Trump is anything like a Democrat; just putting on a dog and pony show for voters.

I don't believe he ever said they were no longer a threat. However the little clown did stop testing rockets which is a step in the right direction. And nobody knows where this will lead just yet. Kim could just be testing the waters right now to see if Trump is anything like a Democrat; just putting on a dog and pony show for voters.

I see you don't get out much

Forum List

Back