Trump Does a MAJOR Flip-Flop on National Abortion Ban and Divides His Base

Should abortion ultimately be handled federally or be left to the states?

• Total voters

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
Speaking of flip-flops, Trump has betrayed his most loyal base, the Evangelicals, by declaring he will NOT sign any national abortion bill.

Thus thoroughly dividing his base, which is harmful, to say the least, at this crucial time when party unity is much-needed.

Here's a video of a rightwinger and a leftwinger debating this recent turn of events...'

Here's a much shorter and succinct video of a former Republican discussing the same....

To the USMB MAGATs among us, what say you, good thing or bad thing?

Is Trump doing the right thing?

Speaking of flip-flops, Trump has betrayed his most loyal base, the Evangelicals, by declaring he will NOT sign any national abortion bill.

Thus thoroughly dividing his base, which is harmful, to say the least, at this crucial time when party unity is much-needed.

Here's a video of a rightwinger and a leftwinger debating this recent turn of events...'

Here's a much shorter and succinct video of a former Republican discussing the same....

How can his base be divided on this?

They either vote for Trump and accept abortion dealt with at the state level of they vote for Harris and abortion is conducted within the last trimester or a pregnancy or worse.

No one candidate is going to have 100% support and be in line with policies. It is a matter of degrees and balancing the alternative.

This has been his position all along. Leave it to the states.

When did Trump ever say he was going to BAN abortion. The Left wing media however has constantly been saying Trump plans to make an abortion ban. Thats just them.
Leaving it up to the voters was always the best idea. People will get what they want.

Trump never said he would sign such a national ban. Furthermore, it would fail judicial scrutiny as SCOTUS has said it belongs to the States, where it had been until the stupid 'Roe' ruling.

Trump said he would get 'Roe' reversed, mission accomplished.

Correct. but TO Democrats, ROE REVERSED = an abortion ban. never mind voting from state to state, they cant even understand it.

Correct. but TO Democrats, ROE REVERSED = an abortion ban. never mind voting from state to state, they cant even understand it.

And Roe being reversed led to Blue States issuing much more Permissive abortion rights than before Roe.

Most went from Life of mother to health of mother, and then didn't define health.

You cannot believe a thing that man says. In this case, there is no way in hell it would come to the President's desk, as it would never get through the House and Senate. It should be noted, he will not be sitting there to sign or not sign, anyway. If worse came to worst, he would sign it, in a heartbeat, simply to get back at those that were against him. Vengeance and self protection from prosecution are the two driving themes of his candidacy.

What's your position on abortion, pro-choice?
I've said here before that if women want to abort their babies I won't stand in their way... I support all exceptions... and in the case of the life of the mother or baby I support late term abortions... at some point it can turn into a purely medical situation.... but abortion for convenience or birth control I will never support...
And words mean things... lets not lie to ourselves... abortion is the killing of a baby... so you must have a good reason for it...
Now what is your position?....

I've said here before that if women want to abort their babies I won't stand in their way... I support all exceptions... and in the case of the life of the mother or baby I support late term abortions... at some point it can turn into a purely medical situation.... but abortion for convenience or birth control I will never support...
And words mean things... lets not lie to ourselves... abortion is the killing of a baby... so you must have a good reason for it...
Now what is your position?....
That's the pro-CHOICE position.

WoW!

Welcome to the club.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
When did Trump ever say he was going to BAN abortion. The Left wing media however has constantly been saying Trump plans to make an abortion ban. Thats just them.
Leaving it up to the voters was always the best idea. People will get what they want.
Re-read the OP and answer accordingly.

Thanks.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
And Roe being reversed led to Blue States issuing much more Permissive abortion rights than before Roe.

Most went from Life of mother to health of mother, and then didn't define health.

They just dont believe in compromise or trying to understand another view point, without demonizing that view as some sort of -"ISM"

Killing has become so easy for people... I blame many things for that.. abortion is one of them...

Forum List

Back