Trump Does a MAJOR Flip-Flop on National Abortion Ban and Divides His Base

Should abortion ultimately be handled federally or be left to the states?

• Total voters
Abortion is so far down the list on who I will vote for you make me laugh. Democrats lose on the economy, lose on immigration, lose on foreign policy.

Democrats, scream and yell Abortion! Abortion! Abortion! who cares, you need a band-aid?

There will be no federal ban on abortion, the states can decide what they want to do. The US taxpayers cannot afford it. Way too many children are supported by the federal government now and you believe, and nobody wants to add 625,978 additional children annually to the federal support system. A higher and higher percentage of American adults are just shitty parents, and that trend will continue for quite some time if not forever.

I will, but I don't want to support the kids you can't support. Abort away baby.

Well Marc,
It could be the reference is to the founding of Planned Parenthood as an organization. Abortionn by itself, and act between a doctor and patient is not genocide, but take a look at one of the Founders of this organization.

this was her idea of "planned parenthood"
She was kind of a twisted control freak if you ask me. Some of that mindset still exists in that organization.

"Sanger believed in eugenics — an inherently racist and ableist ideology that labeled certain people unfit to have children. Eugenics is the theory that society can be improved through planned breeding for “desirable traits” like intelligence and industriousness. In the early 20th century, eugenic ideas were popular among highly educated, privileged, and mostly white Americans. Margaret Sanger pronounced her belief in and alignment with the eugenics movement many times in her writings, especially in the scientific journal Birth Control Review.

At times, Sanger tried to argue for eugenics that was not applied based on race or religion. But in a society built on the belief of white supremacy, physical and mental fitness are always judged based on race. Eugenics, therefore, is inherently racist. She held beliefs that, from the very beginning, undermined her movement for reproductive freedom and caused harm to countless people.

Sanger was so intent on her mission to advocate for birth control that she chose to align herself with ideas and organizations that were ableist and white supremacist. In 1926, she spoke to the women’s auxiliary of the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) at a rally in New Jersey to promote birth control methods. Sanger endorsed the 1927 Buck v. Bell decision, in which the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that states could forcibly sterilize people deemed “unfit” without their consent and sometimes without their knowledge. The acceptance of this decision by Sanger and other thought leaders laid the foundation for tens of thousands of people to be sterilized, often against their will."
Doesn't matter if she was a neo-Nazi or a member of the KKK, nobody's forcing anyone to have abortions.

Your argument is moot.

Unless of course, you're suggesting that she's kidnapping women and forcing them to have abortions.

Is that what you're saying here?

I actually thought Trump made a tactical mistake by not going all in on protecting human life. I said as much in a thread Trump Made a Rare Tactical Error in Not Supporting AZ Abortion Ban.
Nobody agreed with me. But he really could have made a statement AND saved the AZ abortion bill in the process. It's one of those many things that seems at first glance not to be the right move, but ultimately is. It was also a mistake for the Trump team to say he would veto a national abortion ban in the unlikely event Congress sends him such a bill. Why say that? The GOP should not cede the abortion argument to the left, the nonsense about it being about women. They should not have changed the Party's platform. They should have taken the issue back and embraced pro-life full bore.

Obviously he is still infinitely better than baby-killer Harris, so Evangelicals and Catholics will still support him.
Well whaddayanow, an honest Republican/conservative/rightwinger.
tenor.gif

Doesn't matter if she was a neo-Nazi or a member of the KKK, nobody's forcing anyone to have abortions.

Your argument is moot.

Unless of course, you're suggesting that she's kidnapping women and forcing them to have abortions.

Is that what you're saying here?

I was saying abortion is not Genocide but the reference might be the ideology that this organization was founded on. She did have performed forced sterilizations on women back then, so whether or not she performed forced abortions in the 20's who knows.

Planned parent hood is all about abortions. They really ought to provide support as well for poor women who choose to keep their baby and offer alternative advice.... help those mothers "plan for parenthood" if they want to be honest about their name.

Speaking of flip-flops, Trump has betrayed his most loyal base, the Evangelicals, by declaring he will NOT sign any national abortion bill.

Thus thoroughly dividing his base, which is harmful, to say the least, at this crucial time when party unity is much-needed.

Here's a video of a rightwinger and a leftwinger debating this recent turn of events...'

Here's a much shorter and succinct video of a former Republican discussing the same....

To the USMB MAGATs among us, what say you, good thing or bad thing?

Is Trump doing the right thing?

How’s this s flip flop? He’s been saying for quite some time it should be up to the states.

Clearly you haven’t been paying attention.

Re-read the OP and answer accordingly.

Thanks.
He has made statements on it. Over and over. States rights and he is finished with it. He disagrees with late term abortions and post birth abortions personally. You guys lie to much. When the reach around gets you, you will beg to live from your own making. Most aligned Prog groups hate each other.

I care about the issue.

Are you suggesting that God doesn't care about this issue and doesn't want us to care about it either?
No... I don't care... if you want to abort your baby that's between you and your God... I have my own crosses to bare...
I still believe its murder and its wrong but I can't stop you nor would I even try....

Forum List

Back