Trump encourages boycott of Harley Davidson.

The US has a 25% tariff on foreign made trucks imported into the US. Trump never talks about THAT tariff, only about the tariff on US made cars going to Europe.
That's funny. I just saw a statistic that says vehicles coming into the US have a 5% tariff, while ours going to China run into a 25% tariff. Where's your information coming from. Don't give me some leftist "source."
And taught economics, eh? Damn, are you ignorant.

Foreign-made pickup trucks are subject to a 25 percent import tariff, a policy heartily endorsed by U.S. producers.
Cato

This is so monumentally stupid of Trump.

All H-D is doing is building bikes that are destined for the EU...in the EU. They are not ending production in America...just shifting some of it to the EU to get around the tariffs that the EU put on their bikes 100% due to retaliation to Trump's tariff on their products.

This (as Peter Schiff - a Trump voter - said) would be like the Japanese leader telling Japanese consumers to boycott a Japanese auto manufacturer for building cars in the United States that are destined for the United States market.

So now, thanks to Trump's monumentally stupid statement for people to stop buying Harley's...that will cost American jobs as H-D has to layoff people at it's American factory(s) that produce bikes for the U.S. market. It will COST U.S. jobs!?!

Trump is SOOOO stupid.

Peter Schiff - again, a Trump voter - talks about this (and makes a LOT of sense) between 14:03 and 21:08 of the following video:

Last edited:
From Harley fucking Davidson you oblivious blitherer.

Harley said its full-year shipment of motorcycles to dealers would fall by 6% to 8% from last year, marking a sharp decline from its previous projection of "flat to down modestly.
https://www.usatoday.com

1. Has nothing to do with the moronic quote about "declining US market"

2. Doesn't show anything about HD production being related to Trump.

3. USA Today is as unreliable as hell.

Strike 1....Strike 2.....Strike 3

Foreign-made pickup trucks are subject to a 25 percent import tariff, a policy heartily endorsed by U.S. producers.
Cato
The European economy was improving after World War II, including Germany's. Americans started to fall in love with German exports like the Volkswagen Beetle.

Meanwhile, Germany was importing cheap frozen chicken from the US. But it wasn't so great for local German farmers. So, they went to their government and asked for an intervention. Germany responded by imposing a 50% tax on frozen chicken imported from America.

Of course, America wasn't going to take this lying down; after all, it had just helped Germany rebuild after the war. In retaliation, the US slapped a 25% tax on light trucks. This made Volkswagen's trucks no loner economical to export to the US. As a result, US automakers gained the upper hand, and were able to dominate their market with their own trucks.

Today, SUVs and trucks are the big money-makers for auto companies over sedans, in line with what Americans prefer to drive. The US eventually lifted its Chicken-War tariffs on everything except light trucks, and the impact of that move is still being felt today.

All H-D is doing is building bikes that are destined for the EU...in the EU. They are not ending production in America...just shifting some of it to the EU to get around the tariffs that the EU put on their bikes 100% due to retaliation to Trump's tariff on their products.

This (as Peter Schiff - a Trump voter - said) would be like the Japanese leader telling Japanese consumers to boycott a Japanese auto manufacturer for building cars in the United States that are destined for the United States market.

So now, thanks to Trump's monumentally stupid statement for people to stop buying Harley's...that will cost American jobs as H-D has to layoff people at it's American factory(s) that produce bikes for the U.S. market. It will COST U.S. jobs!?!

Trump is SOOOO stupid.

Peter Schiff - again, a Trump voter - talks about this (and makes a LOT of sense) between 14:03 and 21:08 of the following video:

Trump sometimes makes suggestions, with the idea they won't be heeded, as a chess move to gain leverage. He's been doing this for 40 years. I've watched. I was born 2 months before him, and 5 miles from where he was born. New York press was consistent.

Many people still haven't figured out Trump business economics. There are 2 ways of doing things. The Donald Trump way, and the whole rest of the world. Lots of people don't know what Trump did, even after he's done things. LOL.

Trump is SOOOO stupid.

Trump sometimes makes suggestions, with the idea they won't be heeded, as a chess move to gain leverage. He's been doing this for 40 years. I've watched. I was born 2 months before him, and 5 miles from where he was born. New York press was consistent.

Many people still haven't figured out Trump business economics. There are 2 ways of doing things. The Donald Trump way, and the whole rest of the world. Lots of people don't know what Trump did, even after he's done things. LOL.

Trump hasn’t figured ou Trump business economics. This guy’s instincts have lead to 7 major business bankruptcies - the most of any American business man. He started a mortgage and loan company right before the housing bubble crashed.

Trump is a fake and a con man. Always has been. He had one successful project in his life: Trump Tower. The rest had to be sold to and bailed out by others. Trump always negotiates deals to leave his name on the buildings he no longer owns.

The US has a 25% tariff on foreign made trucks imported into the US. Trump never talks about THAT tariff, only about the tariff on US made cars going to Europe.
That's funny. I just saw a statistic that says vehicles coming into the US have a 5% tariff, while ours going to China run into a 25% tariff. Where's your information coming from. Don't give me some leftist "source."

This is a well known fact that has been very much in the news of late. You have to be willfully blind to miss.

This is a well known fact that has been very much in the news of late. You have to be willfully blind to miss.

How about a link so we don't have to be willfully blind.

So, Trump warned farmers & manufacturers that the tariffs would create the mess it has? According to you, he knew & he said fuck farmers. Fuck mfrs like HD. He is scrambling to cover his ass like promising 12 B to farmers.

A leader would have everything in place to deal with the retaliatory tariffs. Trump either was too stupid or he just figured fuck Americans that will be hurt. Which is it?

Want to know just how ignorant & stupid you are? You think Trump knows more than the past four administrations & their advisors. How the fuck can anyone justify that?
No, Trump didn't say "fuck farmers'. That's is what YOU are saying, to try to spin it all into a Trump bash, which is all you guys seem to be able to do.

OMG, how f'n stupid can you be ? You think the past four administrations & their advisors, got it right ?,,,, and Trump doesn't know as much as THEM ? Pheeeew!!

Dude, you better leave this thread, and I mean like right now. You are making a total ass out of yourself.

I just told you in previous posts, that the last 4 dum dums gave China unrestricted access to our huge and valuable market, while they restrict us from getting our goods into their countries. You can't figure this out ? wow.

Oh the irony. Now I know you were lying about teaching

Do I think that Trump knows as much about trade as the last four presidents? HELL NO. Trump doesn’t know jack shit about any of this stuff. He’s making it up as he goes along.

Trump didn’t know you have a trade surplus with Canada. He thinks that a trade deficit means the other country owes the US government money.

He also seems to think the exporting countries pay the tariffs. They don’t. The buyers do. The tariffs on imports are paid by the importer, not the exporter. They raise the price of the goods the sold in the US. American consumers are paying the tariffs Trump is levying. The idea being that they’ll buy the cheaper US made products over the more expensive imports.

Trump even said that the import tariffs would pay down the national debt. Now there’s a joke. You don’t import enough goods to make a dent in the national debt.

There is also no strategy on implementing the tariffs. Bad news on the Stormy Daniels lawsuit? Slap tariffs on China. Distracts the media and the public from the scandal.

Turkey kidnaps a minister, slap a tariff on them.

Businesses can’t plan production or marketing because Trump could wake up and read that someone in Europe insulted him and slap a tarriff on their suppliers.

How is it that you don’t know this stuff Mr. Economics Professor. Why does a former banker have to school you on tariffs?

Canadians are now boycotting US produce and manufactured goods. The EU has slapped tariffs on targeted products, China is ramping up the trade war.

Trump said trade wars are easy to win. I look forward to the inevitable retreat from these ruinous policies, and Trumps attempt to spin this as yet another “win”.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
Harley is being forced to raise prices and lay off workers because of the steel tariffs. They’re eating the EU tariffs for now, but they can’t afford to do that for long.
No company can raise prices or lay off workers. Doing so, triggers sales reductions, and LO$$E$. Sometimes companies do. Rarely do they ever get away with it. And one wonders why they would do that in the first place. If they could get away with a higher price, or less workers, and net more money from that, why didn't they do that previously ? Answer: sales reductions.

I explained the truck tariff (even in a historical context) in Post # 188. I was just wondering if you had a source for your post (which to date you still haven't presented)

Trump hasn’t figured ou Trump business economics. This guy’s instincts have lead to 7 major business bankruptcies - the most of any American business man. He started a mortgage and loan company right before the housing bubble crashed.

Trump is a fake and a con man. Always has been. He had one successful project in his life: Trump Tower. The rest had to be sold to and bailed out by others. Trump always negotiates deals to leave his name on the buildings he no longer owns.
Oh, the liberal meltdown continues. Not only did Trump kick their butts in the 2016 election, but his economy has recovered from the Obama 2016 decline, and is now booming, with very low unemployment.

Keep on eating up all that leftist propaganda. I can see they've got YOU programmed. Oh yeah, Trump, is a total loser. A welfare recipient. Goes to food banks. Panhandles. LOL.

Trump had NO BANKRUPTCIES. He had a few Chapter 11's (not Chapter 7)..Chapter 11s are reorganizations, not bankruptcies. Trump makes Million$$ with brand licensing. Very simple. Very easy. Very lucrative, with none of the complications of real estate ownership. His net worth is $10 Billion. And yours is ? :laugh:

d5feefb2588ca83e3c6dbdc594e35b57.jpg

Trump+Properties+New+York+City+Draw+Increased+XveFQjfBuwwl.jpg

real-estate-portfolio-4

real-estate-portfolio-3

822997086_3_1000x700.jpg

images
images

Last edited:
HD has a history of outsourcing their brand. When AMF owned them, they sold low cc 250's etc., crap made overseas to the public. They also had this current overseas thing in progress years before The Donald was elected President in a landslide. Triumph, BMW, Indian (Polaris), Yamaha are obvious better choices for large two cylinder engines.
Landslide?
/——/ yes landslide.

Oh the irony. Now I know you were lying about teaching

Do I think that Trump knows as much about trade as the last four presidents? HELL NO. Trump doesn’t know jack shit about any of this stuff. He’s making it up as he goes along.

Trump didn’t know you have a trade surplus with Canada. He thinks that a trade deficit means the other country owes the US government money.

He also seems to think the exporting countries pay the tariffs. They don’t. The buyers do. The tariffs on imports are paid by the importer, not the exporter. They raise the price of the goods the sold in the US. American consumers are paying the tariffs Trump is levying. The idea being that they’ll buy the cheaper US made products over the more expensive imports.

Trump even said that the import tariffs would pay down the national debt. Now there’s a joke. You don’t import enough goods to make a dent in the national debt.

There is also no strategy on implementing the tariffs. Bad news on the Stormy Daniels lawsuit? Slap tariffs on China. Distracts the media and the public from the scandal.

Turkey kidnaps a minister, slap a tariff on them.

Businesses can’t plan production or marketing because Trump could wake up and read that someone in Europe insulted him and slap a tarriff on their suppliers.

How is it that you don’t know this stuff Mr. Economics Professor. Why does a former banker have to school you on tariffs?

Canadians are now boycotting US produce and manufactured goods. The EU has slapped tariffs on targeted products, China is ramping up the trade war.

Trump said trade wars are easy to win. I look forward to the inevitable retreat from these ruinous policies, and Trumps attempt to spin this as yet another “win”.
NO, my dear. You really have to stop reading IDIOT propaganda. Importers do not pay for tariffs. They are taxes levied on exporters. Even elementary school kids know that.

Leftists have a habit of twisting things backwards and then acting like that's how things are. Did you fail microeconomics 101? If you didn't, you should have, and I'm flunking you right now.
Oh, the American consumer will pay for the tariffs, will they ? I see not only are you duped by the ceaseless jibberish yammered about Trump, but you're also duped by the ever-present lies about prices going up. No company can raise prices above their market price. These are the highest price they can charge, without triggering sales reductions/losses. What do you THINK was the source of those prices ? It wasn't somebody's lucky number, you dunce.

The reason why tariffs at being slapped on China, is because China has been doing that to us, while the past 4 moron US presidents (Clinton, Obama, both Bushes) have given China unrestricted access to out huge/rich market, and they have take full advantage. It's like if you had a very huge palace, filled with money, and you allowed the townspeople to walk right in and take your money. The when you go to their houses, they have a sign on the front lawn with your name on it, and saying "Go Away".

Trump isn't hitting countries with Tariffs because of somebody kidnapped, or this or that. Wow. What a bunch of crazy stuff must be floating around in the leftist media. EARTH TO LEFTIST DUPES: the tariffs are merely returning the US to a fair and strong tariff bearing.

Did you know that America was built on tariffs ? That's another thing Trump said. You want to attack that too ? You'd be wrong (what else is new?) if you did.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

"Our Country was built on Tariffs, and Tariffs are now leading us to great new Trade Deals - as opposed to the horrible and unfair Trade Deals that I inherited as your President. Other Countries should not be allowed to come in and steal the wealth of our great U.S.A. No longer!"
11:04 AM - Aug 15, 2018

Built on tariffs, Indeed. One of the very first bills new President George Washington signed, for instance, was the Tariff Act of 1789. The tariff of 1789 was designed to raise money for the new federal government, slash Revolutionary War debt, and protect early-stage American industries from foreign competition.

Then, as now, some industries sought protection in Congress from a flood of imports. Most goods entering the U.S. were subjected to a 5% tariff, though in a few cases the rates ranged as high as 50%.

It was the first of many tariffs that Congress passed over a century and a half. They generated the vast majority of the federal government's revenue, until the U.S. adopted an income tax in 1913.

Over time the arguments on behalf of protectionism became closely tied to the emerging Republican party.

"Give us a protective tariff and we will have the greatest nation on earth", a young Abraham Lincoln said in 1847. Later, as the country's 16th president, Lincoln rejected free trade and jacked up tariffs during the Civil War, to pay for the North's military campaigns.

By the end of World War II, tariffs largely lost favor in Washington, in both parties. The once-puny U.S. economy had become a colossus, and American companies dominated the international stage. For the next 60 years the U.S. pushed to lower trade barriers, create a global system of free trade, and flood the world with American goods. This was America being great. It lasted until George Bush (41) decided to kiss China's ass, by giving them unrestricted access to our MARKET. And Trump is now undoing all that damage, and making America great again, in the process.

Last edited:
HD has a history of outsourcing their brand. When AMF owned them, they sold low cc 250's etc., crap made overseas to the public. They also had this current overseas thing in progress years before The Donald was elected President in a landslide. Triumph, BMW, Indian (Polaris), Yamaha are obvious better choices for large two cylinder engines.
Landslide?
/——/ yes landslide.
What landslide? He got less votes than the other candidate.

Forum List

Back