Trump encourages boycott of Harley Davidson.

U.S. goods and services trade with the EU totaled nearly $1.1 trillion in 2016. Exports totaled $501 billion; Imports totaled $592 billion. The U.S. goods and services trade deficit with the EU was $92 billion in 2016.
No mention of tariffs there.

Yes far left drone do you understand how the deficit was created?

See the far left obviously thinks the tariffs were fair..

You made the claim pal...it's up to you to prove it, not me to disprove it.

And your link mentions nothing about tariff differences.

You said (matter or factly): 'The tariffs on us is higher than the tariffs on them. Is that simple enough for you to understand?'

If you are SO certain of what you said - than surely you have ready access to the source of your information.

So...where is your link to backup your above assertion?

I am thinking you just made it up.
Try reading the first fucking line in the link, idiot.

:abgg2q.jpg:

I take it reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

Here is the first line from your link (though there is no mention of 'fucking' - as you stated):
'U.S. goods and services trade with the EU totaled nearly $1.1 trillion in 2016. Exports totaled $501 billion; Imports totaled $592 billion. The U.S. goods and services trade deficit with the EU was $92 billion in 2016.'

Where EXACTLY in that line does it mention ANYTHING about tariffs?

Surely, you realize that trade deficits often occur even when tariffs are equal between countries?

Your earlier post said: ''The tariffs on us is higher than the tariffs on them. Is that simple enough for you to understand?''

I shall ask you for the third time...where is your link to unbiased, factual proof that EU tariffs on American imports are higher than US tariffs on EU imports?

Far left drone that information has already been provided from the government website that tracks all this stuff:

U.S. goods and services trade with the EU totaled nearly $1.1 trillion in 2016. Exports totaled $501 billion; Imports totaled $592 billion. The U.S. goods and services trade deficit with the EU was $92 billion in 2016.

European Union | United States Trade Representative

This is why the far left always fails, they can never accept factual information over their debunked far left religious dogma.

edit-12159-1417188162-21.jpg

Wow...I am beginning to think you people do not even know what a tariff is.

Okay...let's start at the beginning.

- A TRADE DEFICIT IS NOT A TRADE TARIFF.
- YOU CAN HAVE A TRADE DEFICIT WITH A NATION THAT YOU HAVE THE SAME TARIFF LEVEL WITH.

I suggest you learn about macroeconomics before you comment on it.

(Jeez...someone save us all from these Macroeconomic ignoramuses)

And BTW - I am neither a Dem or a Rep.

Ta ta.

You said (matter or factly): 'The tariffs on us is higher than the tariffs on them. Is that simple enough for you to understand?'

If you are SO certain of what you said - than surely you have ready access to the source of your information.

Here is the first line from your link (though there is no mention of 'fucking' - as you stated):
'U.S. goods and services trade with the EU totaled nearly $1.1 trillion in 2016. Exports totaled $501 billion; Imports totaled $592 billion. The U.S. goods and services trade deficit with the EU was $92 billion in 2016.'

Surely, you realize that trade deficits often occur even when tariffs are equal between countries?

Your earlier post said: ''The tariffs on us is higher than the tariffs on them. Is that simple enough for you to understand?''

I shall ask you for the third time...where is your link to unbiased, factual proof that EU tariffs on American imports are higher than US tariffs on EU imports?

Far left drone that information has already been provided from the government website that tracks all this stuff:

This is why the far left always fails, they can never accept factual information over their debunked far left religious dogma.

- YOU CAN HAVE A TRADE DEFICIT WITH A NATION THAT YOU HAVE THE SAME TARIFF LEVEL WITH.

Ta ta.

Yes you are a far left drone and have proven that over and over again.

So yes the trade deficits show the trade tariffs are not fair.

But the far left does not seem to think they are just because Trump says they are not.

No mention of tariffs there.

Yes far left drone do you understand how the deficit was created?

See the far left obviously thinks the tariffs were fair..

You do realize that trade deficits happen WITHOUT differences in tariffs? Differences like regulations, wages, laws, production quality, product popularity/demand, currency fluctuations, etc..

Last edited:

Ta ta.

Nope...never voted for a Democrat (or a Republican) in my entire life.
Typical Trumpbot...always goes for the base answer. Intellect-rich answers seem beyond their abilities.

But the far left does not seem to think they are just because Trump says they are not.

No...trade deficits do NOT show that the tariffs are unfair. Jeez...there are dozens of other reasons for trade deficits.

Are you saying that the only reason for a trade deficit is tariff differences?

Yes or No?

Ta ta.

Nope..you cannot know what someone whom you have never met is. You can only believe, hope, prey, etc.. But I am guessing this is going beyond your intellect level.

No...trade deficits do NOT show that the tariffs are unfair. Jeez...there are dozens of other reasons for trade deficits.

Yes or No?

See the far left has nothing other than their debunked religious dogma.

Do you have anything to show that the trade tariffs are fair? That would support your position.

Come on post something that proves you think these numbers are wrong with some type of information that would prove that the deficits are caused by something other than a fair tariff, Come on post it!

Come on post something that proves you think these numbers are wrong with some type of information that would prove that the deficits are caused by something other than a fair tariff, Come on post it!
It's obvious you wouldn't understand it. You don't even know the basics of this discussion.

It's obvious you wouldn't understand it. You don't even know the basics of this discussion.

Yes far left drone you have proven you think the tariffs are fair because Trump says they are not!

Ta ta.

Nope..you cannot know what someone whom you have never met is. You can only believe, hope, prey, etc.. But I am guessing this is going beyond your intellect level.

Yes or No?

Do you have anything to show that the trade tariffs are fair? That would support your position.

Jeez...do ANY of you Trumpbots have good reading comprehension skills?

LOL...where EXACTLY in this thread did I say that EU tariffs on US imports are the same or lower than U.S. tariffs on EU imports?

You knucklehead....all I did was ask S.J. Said to post an unbiased, factual link that proves his statement 'The tariffs on us is higher than the tariffs on them. Is that simple enough for you to understand?'.

Now stop dodging my question:

Yes or No?

If these noisy motorcycles were to disappear, it would be a boon to us all.

More stuff Kosh won't comprehend. A table compares countries' tariff levels.
In 2016 the trade weighted average of both the US and the EU was 1.6%.
In 2015 the trade weighted average of the US was 2.4% and of the EU 3.0%

Comparing Countries’ Tariff Levels
Comparing Countries' Tariff Levels

By Simon Lester
There is lots of talk from the Trump administration these days about how the U.S. is getting cheated on trade. In this context, they have done some cherry-picking of the data to emphasize high foreign tariffs, while conveniently ignoring high U.S. tariffs. For example, Trump will mention a 270% Canadian tariff on dairy products, without mentioning U.S. tariffs of up to 187% on sour cream. Or White House trade adviser Peter Navarro will mention EU auto tariffs of 10% and argue that those are much higher than the 2.5% tariffs for car imports to the U.S, but he won’t mention the 25% U.S. tariff on truck imports.

Ta ta.

Yes or No?

LOL...where EXACTLY in this thread did I say that EU tariffs on US imports are the same or lower than U.S. tariffs on EU imports?

You knucklehead....all I did was ask S.J. Said to post an unbiased, factual link that proves his statement 'The tariffs on us is higher than the tariffs on them. Is that simple enough for you to understand?'.

Yes or No?

And you see even after the far left defeats their own narratives, they still think that have done something.

No my point was that the tariffs were not fair as Trump as said.

And you far left drones proved my point.

By Simon Lester
There is lots of talk from the Trump administration these days about how the U.S. is getting cheated on trade. In this context, they have done some cherry-picking of the data to emphasize high foreign tariffs, while conveniently ignoring high U.S. tariffs. For example, Trump will mention a 270% Canadian tariff on dairy products, without mentioning U.S. tariffs of up to 187% on sour cream. Or White House trade adviser Peter Navarro will mention EU auto tariffs of 10% and argue that those are much higher than the 2.5% tariffs for car imports to the U.S, but he won’t mention the 25% U.S. tariff on truck imports.

Exactly you far left drones keep proving my point that the trade tariffs were not fair as Trump said. Thus creating the trade deficit.

Keep posting and keep proving Trump correct, I love it from you far left drones!

Here are some (badly formatted) tariff comparisons. Interesting the EU can barely export pastoral products to the US.

FACTBOX-Import tariffs: EU versus United States

Ouch...well done.

Yes showed that the tariff's were not fair as Trump claimed and thus supporting the facts of the trade deficits.

I love how the far left will make your point for you.
'U.S. companies earn some $106 billion more in corporate profits in the EU than EU companies do in the U.S. When these corporate profits are added to the U.S. trade balance, Washington has no trade deficit with the EU.'

Ta ta.

Yes or No?

Yes or No?

And you see even after the far left defeats their own narratives, they still think that have done something.

I will ask you for the third time - you keep being afraid to answer (I assume) for some reason:

Yes or No?

By Simon Lester

Exactly you far left drones keep proving my point that the trade tariffs were not fair as Trump said. Thus creating the trade deficit.

Keep posting and keep proving Trump correct, I love it from you far left drones!

What EXACTLY in the link cnm posted proves Trump is correct?

The trade weighted average for both areas was the same in 2016...are you blind?

Here are some (badly formatted) tariff comparisons. Interesting the EU can barely export pastoral products to the US.

FACTBOX-Import tariffs: EU versus United States

Ouch...well done.

Yes showed that the tariff's were not fair as Trump claimed and thus supporting the facts of the trade deficits.

I love how the far left will make your point for you.
'U.S. companies earn some $106 billion more in corporate profits in the EU than EU companies do in the U.S. When these corporate profits are added to the U.S. trade balance, Washington has no trade deficit with the EU.'

Yes or No?

Yes or No?

I will ask you for the third time - you keep being afraid to answer (I assume) for some reason:

Yes or No?

Why ask a question that you have already answered?

The unbalanced trade tariffs have caused the trade deficit. So you answered your question. I love it when the far left thinks they proving a point.

Forum List

Back