Trump encourages boycott of Harley Davidson.

More stuff Kosh won't comprehend. A table compares countries' tariff levels.
In 2016 the trade weighted average of both the US and the EU was 1.6%.
In 2015 the trade weighted average of the US was 2.4% and of the EU 3.0%

Comparing Countries’ Tariff Levels
Comparing Countries' Tariff Levels

By Simon Lester
There is lots of talk from the Trump administration these days about how the U.S. is getting cheated on trade. In this context, they have done some cherry-picking of the data to emphasize high foreign tariffs, while conveniently ignoring high U.S. tariffs. For example, Trump will mention a 270% Canadian tariff on dairy products, without mentioning U.S. tariffs of up to 187% on sour cream. Or White House trade adviser Peter Navarro will mention EU auto tariffs of 10% and argue that those are much higher than the 2.5% tariffs for car imports to the U.S, but he won’t mention the 25% U.S. tariff on truck imports.

Exactly you far left drones keep proving my point that the trade tariffs were not fair as Trump said. Thus creating the trade deficit.

Keep posting and keep proving Trump correct, I love it from you far left drones!

What EXACTLY in the link cnm posted proves Trump is correct?

I just told you that the trade tariffs are not fair as Trump has said.

And you far left drones keep proving Trump is correct!

I love it!

Here are some (badly formatted) tariff comparisons. Interesting the EU can barely export pastoral products to the US.

FACTBOX-Import tariffs: EU versus United States

Ouch...well done.

Yes showed that the tariff's were not fair as Trump claimed and thus supporting the facts of the trade deficits.

I love how the far left will make your point for you.
'U.S. companies earn some $106 billion more in corporate profits in the EU than EU companies do in the U.S. When these corporate profits are added to the U.S. trade balance, Washington has no trade deficit with the EU.'
Nope..you cannot know what someone whom you have never met is. You can only believe, hope, prey, etc.. But I am guessing this is going beyond your intellect level.

No...trade deficits do NOT show that the tariffs are unfair. Jeez...there are dozens of other reasons for trade deficits.

Are you saying that the only reason for a trade deficit is tariff differences?

Yes or No?

See the far left has nothing other than their debunked religious dogma.

Do you have anything to show that the trade tariffs are fair? That would support your position.

Come on post something that proves you think these numbers are wrong with some type of information that would prove that the deficits are caused by something other than a fair tariff, Come on post it!

Jeez...do ANY of you Trumpbots have good reading comprehension skills?

LOL...where EXACTLY in this thread did I say that EU tariffs on US imports are the same or lower than U.S. tariffs on EU imports?

You knucklehead....all I did was ask S.J. Said to post an unbiased, factual link that proves his statement 'The tariffs on us is higher than the tariffs on them. Is that simple enough for you to understand?'.

Now stop dodging my question:

Yes or No?

And you see even after the far left defeats their own narratives, they still think that have done something.

No my point was that the tariffs were not fair as Trump as said.

And you far left drones proved my point.

I will ask you for the third time - you keep being afraid to answer (I assume) for some reason:

Yes or No?

Why ask a question that you have already answered?

The unbalanced trade tariffs have caused the trade deficit. So you answered your question. I love it when the far left thinks they proving a point.

I will ask for the fourth time:

Yes or No?

Once again, folks...he is afraid to answer the simplest of questions.

By Simon Lester
There is lots of talk from the Trump administration these days about how the U.S. is getting cheated on trade. In this context, they have done some cherry-picking of the data to emphasize high foreign tariffs, while conveniently ignoring high U.S. tariffs. For example, Trump will mention a 270% Canadian tariff on dairy products, without mentioning U.S. tariffs of up to 187% on sour cream. Or White House trade adviser Peter Navarro will mention EU auto tariffs of 10% and argue that those are much higher than the 2.5% tariffs for car imports to the U.S, but he won’t mention the 25% U.S. tariff on truck imports.

Exactly you far left drones keep proving my point that the trade tariffs were not fair as Trump said. Thus creating the trade deficit.

Keep posting and keep proving Trump correct, I love it from you far left drones!

I love it!

Holy shit are you stupid.

Where in the link that cnm provided does it prove that Trump was right about tariffs?

The trade weighted average for both areas was the same in 2016...are you blind?

You obviously just have no idea what it said...so you are trying to spin it.

Here are some (badly formatted) tariff comparisons. Interesting the EU can barely export pastoral products to the US.

FACTBOX-Import tariffs: EU versus United States

Ouch...well done.

Yes showed that the tariff's were not fair as Trump claimed and thus supporting the facts of the trade deficits.

'U.S. companies earn some $106 billion more in corporate profits in the EU than EU companies do in the U.S. When these corporate profits are added to the U.S. trade balance, Washington has no trade deficit with the EU.'
See the far left has nothing other than their debunked religious dogma.

Do you have anything to show that the trade tariffs are fair? That would support your position.

Come on post something that proves you think these numbers are wrong with some type of information that would prove that the deficits are caused by something other than a fair tariff, Come on post it!

LOL...where EXACTLY in this thread did I say that EU tariffs on US imports are the same or lower than U.S. tariffs on EU imports?

You knucklehead....all I did was ask S.J. Said to post an unbiased, factual link that proves his statement 'The tariffs on us is higher than the tariffs on them. Is that simple enough for you to understand?'.

Yes or No?

And you see even after the far left defeats their own narratives, they still think that have done something.

I will ask you for the third time - you keep being afraid to answer (I assume) for some reason:

Yes or No?

The unbalanced trade tariffs have caused the trade deficit. So you answered your question. I love it when the far left thinks they proving a point.

Yes or No?

That question has already been answered and you can keep asking it over and over. But since you did not like the answer, which you far left drones already supplied, keep on asking it, does not do anything except prove that you lost.

Are the trade tariffs fair? YES or NO?

Jesus.

iu

By Simon Lester

Looks like you were right...he clearly does not understand the data you are posting. He is talking gibberish.

By Simon Lester

I love it!

Holy shit are you stupid.

Where in the link that cnm provided does it prove that Trump was right about tariffs?

The trade weighted average for both areas was the same in 2016...are you blind?

You obviously just have no idea what it said...so you are trying to spin it.

Oh my, see how the far left thinks if they supply any link it proves their point?

It has actually proved what Trump has been saying about unfair tariffs.

Ouch...well done.

Yes or No?

Yes or No?

Yes or No?

That question has already been answered and you can keep asking it over and over. But since you did not like the answer, which you far left drones already supplied, keep on asking it, does not do anything except prove that you lost.

No...trade tariffs are NEVER fair, IMO. I hate them all.

You have not answered my question...you keep ducking it. So I will ask it again:

Yes or No?

If that is too hard for you...just type 'y' for 'yes AND 'n' for 'no?

By Simon Lester

Looks like you were right...he clearly does not understand the data you are posting. He is talking gibberish.

I love it when the far left thinks they are right when they defeated their own narrative.

Man you can not make this stuff up.

Yes or No?

Yes or No?

You have not answered my question...you keep ducking it. SO I will ask it again:

Yes or No?

And that has already been answered by your own posts, why do you not understand that?

By Simon Lester

I love it when the far left thinks they are right when they defeated their own narrative.

I already answered you moron...'no'. ALL trade tariffs are unfair, IMO. Are you friggin' blind?

Yes or No?

Reagan pulled Harley Davidson out of the fire and saved their asses. Now our President wants to help them and every other American company by eliminating unfair trade practices and Harley Davidson bails on him instead of hanging in until Trump gets a better deal (THAT WILL HELP HARLEY). Fuck Harley Davidson, I hope they go under for good this time. No more bailouts.

Tell us how the EU & US had unfair trading agreement...

Yes there was tarrifs on both sides but that is why it was an agreement...
The tariffs on us is higher than the tariffs on them. Is that simple enough for you to understand?
If you are feeling Full of Yourself...PAY YOUR DEBT BACK TODAY...TROUBLE IS YOU'D BE BANKRUPT AND ASKING FOR HAND OUTS FROM THE VERY COUNTRIES YOU ARE DEMANDING HIGHTER TARRIFFS FROM,you are only in existence on other peoples money,hopefully this is simple enough for even you to understand....You are the Worlds Beggars yet think you can Boss us around...GET REAL and you think you are being hard done by...What on Earth do you have as a Brain?????

By Simon Lester

I already answered you moron...'no'. ALL trade tariffs are unfair, IMO. Are you friggin' blind?

Yes or No?

Yes or No?

Yes or No?

Yes or No?

You have not answered my question...you keep ducking it. SO I will ask it again:

Yes or No?

And that has already been answered by your own posts, why do you not understand that?

LOL...are you even human. Or are you a dog that is banging his paws on the keyboard?

My answer to your question is: 'no'. All tariffs are unfair IMO.

LOL...I am not asking me. I am asking you.

Yes or No?

By Simon Lester

Yes or No?

Yes or No?

'n'.

All tariffs are unfair, IMO.

Yes or No?

[

Yes or No?

Yes or No?

LOL...are you even human. Or are you a dog that is banging his paws on the keyboard?

Yes or No?

Yes or No?

Yes or No?

Yes or No?

Yes or No?

Yes or No?

LOL...I answered your question 3 or 4 times...'No'. All tariffs are unfair, IMO.

Are you having a stroke or something?

Yes or No?

Yes or No?

Yes or No?

Yes or No?

LOL...I answered your question 3 or 4 times...'No'. All tariffs are unfair, IMO.

Are you having a stroke or something?

Yes or No?

And you have already answered own question that the unfair tariffs is the reason for the deficit. Many, many times..

Yes or No?

No. As previously shown the US does not have the lowest tariffs in the world. The Trump administration is full of shit, which it feeds to its base, which laps it up.

Trump’s trade war: Does the U.S. have the ‘lowest tariffs in the world’?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/

“The United States has the lowest tariffs in the world — the lowest non-tariff barriers — and what do we get for that? We get a half-a-trillion-dollar-a-year trade deficit, which is draining us dry, taking our jobs, putting them offshore, harming the workers of America, and driving down wages.”
— Peter Navarro, director of White House National Trade Council, interview on Fox News, March 2, 2018

“What we have is a country here in the United States, which has the lowest tariffs in the world, lowest non-tariff barriers in the world.”
— Navarro, interview on CNN’s “State of the Nation,” March 4

Peter Navarro, a White House aide who played a key role in President Trump’s plan to impose new steel and aluminum tariffs, has been making the rounds on television shows to argue that the United States has such low tariffs on imported goods that it is getting taken to the cleaners. As he put it, the result is a “a half-a-trillion-dollar-a-year trade deficit, which is draining us dry, taking our jobs, putting them offshore, harming the workers of America, and driving down wages.”

So does the United States have the lowest tariffs in the world? And what does this have to do with the trade deficit?

The Facts
Navarro referred to both tariffs and non-tariff barriers.

Tariffs are simply the levy, or tax, that is added to a product when it is exported from one country to another. In theory, that should be easy to quantify. But, as shown below, there are several ways to measure this.

Non-tariff barriers are more complex, but can include licenses, quotas or technical barriers. Navarro referred us to a report by the Office of U.S. Trade Representative, which refers to non-tariff barriers by other countries, but it does not have a quantitative comparison or make the case the United States has lower non-tariff barriers than other countries. We checked with several economists and this is really not easy to quantify, though some have tried. Credit Suisse, in a 2015 report, concluded the United States has more non-tariff barriers than other major trading countries.

ORENFYVZMA5I5JFKNFEWJT2ASE.png

Forum List

Back