Trump encourages boycott of Harley Davidson.

Reagan pulled Harley Davidson out of the fire and saved their asses. Now our President wants to help them and every other American company by eliminating unfair trade practices and Harley Davidson bails on him instead of hanging in until Trump gets a better deal (THAT WILL HELP HARLEY). Fuck Harley Davidson, I hope they go under for good this time. No more bailouts.

Tell us how the EU & US had unfair trading agreement...

Yes there was tarrifs on both sides but that is why it was an agreement...
The tariffs on us is higher than the tariffs on them. Is that simple enough for you to understand?

Prove it with unbiased, statistical evidence from a link please.

I doubt you can.

There are well known trade problems with China. I am not aware of specific tariff differences that related to the EU before Trump took office.

But I could be wrong on this.

BTW - Trump Exaggerates Trade Deficit With European Union by $50 Billion
Fuck the EU...

First Trump puts tariffs on certain countries for Steel & Aluminum. It raises Harley Davidson's manufacturing costs. They make the decision to move production overseas for their non domestic sales.

Now he is putting the Presidential seal on a boycott.

To punish a US company for something Trump basically forced them to do.

So whose motorcycles will these boycotters buy? Honda? Some imported bike?

Yes, to promote a boycott of a US company is such a patriotic thing to do. Not.

How dare posters not leap to do your research for you. Tell me, do you know Kosh? Something tells me you'd get on well.
"Research " ? HA HA HA! I only asked a simple question. Should it involve research ? And don't you know where they're going ? If you don't, how can you even be talking about this topic ? (boycott of Harley Davidson)

Think they might be going to China ? China has been tariffing US vehicle imports at 25% (as opposed to 5% US tariffs Chinese imports) That won't stay that way though.

Also, how smart is it for HD to move "overseas" only to face expensive shipping costs to ship their bikes to the US (cheaper to sell to US buyers * from here) + face high tariffs when they arrive at US ports. This is the very reason why some outsourcers are returning to America, exporting, for them, no longer being economical.

* THE # 1 market to sell to, in the world.

Given that the intent behind Tariffs is to improve the trade balance on behalf of the United States...

Harley-Davidson was expected to shut-up and absorb the cost differential and take less profit until the trade war was over.

They chose to undermine the Tariff tactic; thereby 'giving aid and comfort to the enemy economic adversary' in this trade war.

For that they will be punished.

For openers, they are being targeted as an 'example' to others who might consider similar arrangements in the near future.

Personally, I am fine with that.

Last edited:
First Trump puts tariffs on certain countries for Steel & Aluminum. It raises Harley Davidson's manufacturing costs. They make the decision to move production overseas for their non domestic sales.

Now he is putting the Presidential seal on a boycott.

To punish a US company for something Trump basically forced them to do.

So whose motorcycles will these boycotters buy? Honda? Some imported bike?

Triumph. Harley’s are for old motherfuckers.

Also, how smart is it for HD to move "overseas" only to face expensive shipping costs to ship their bikes to the US (cheaper to sell to US buyers * from here) + face high tariffs when they arrive at US ports.
Smart enough to realise the market they're targeting is not in the US. Unlike Trump supporters who'll believe anything.

Smart enough to realise the market they're targeting is not in the US. Unlike Trump supporters who'll believe anything.
Not targeting the US MARKET is about the dumbest thing any exporter could ever do. They NEED the US market (and we don't need them) That's why we win in trade war. Their retaliatory tariffs are just temporary bluffs. They know they can't win a trade war against us and our massive/wealthy market. If they trade war us, we'll eat their lunch.

Reagan pulled Harley Davidson out of the fire and saved their asses. Now our President wants to help them and every other American company by eliminating unfair trade practices and Harley Davidson bails on him instead of hanging in until Trump gets a better deal (THAT WILL HELP HARLEY). Fuck Harley Davidson, I hope they go under for good this time. No more bailouts.

What do you think the tariffs are? Artificially raising the cost of imported steel so US steel companies can charge more.

That is the same effect as a bail out.

Not targeting the US MARKET is about the dumbest thing any exporter could ever do. They NEED the US market (and we don't need them) That's why we win in trade war. Their retaliatory tariffs are just temporary bluffs. They know they can't win a trade war against us and our massive/wealthy market. If they trade war us, we'll eat their lunch.

They have shown they don't need all those US farm goods.

Tell us how the EU & US had unfair trading agreement...

Yes there was tarrifs on both sides but that is why it was an agreement...
The tariffs on us is higher than the tariffs on them. Is that simple enough for you to understand?

Prove it with unbiased, statistical evidence from a link please.

I doubt you can.

There are well known trade problems with China. I am not aware of specific trade differences that related to the EU before Trump took office.

But I could be wrong on this.

BTW - Trump Exaggerates Trade Deficit With European Union by $50 Billion

Yes you far left drones are wrong on almost everything.

How the US Trade Deficit Hurts the Economy
Did you skip the paret where it said Truimp's moves will cause laytoffs & hurt US manufacturers?

U.S. goods and services trade with the EU totaled nearly $1.1 trillion in 2016. Exports totaled $501 billion; Imports totaled $592 billion. The U.S. goods and services trade deficit with the EU was $92 billion in 2016.
No mention of tariffs there.

Yes far left drone do you understand how the deficit was created?

See the far left obviously thinks the tariffs were fair..

The trade deficit has litle to do with tariffs.

Forum List

Back