🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump endorsed Kerry for president in 2004?

NYcarbineer

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2009
Finger Lakes, NY
Well, if not he all but endorsed him:

“Well,” [Liz] Smith said, “I won’t print this, but just for my own personal interest, how do you feel about the election? Are you going to vote for George Bush again?”

“Just off the record,” Trump said, “I think he’s done a terrible job.” That assessment would sound familiar to anyone who has listened to Trump bash the 43rd president during this campaign cycle. But Smith’s question also elicited an unexpected take on Bush’s opponent that year.

“How bad, how much worse, could John Kerry make it?” Smith said. “Not that I like him.”

I don’t think he can make it worse,” Trump said. “I think he’ll [Kerry] be fine. I know them both. But I tell you, just off the record, because I don’t want to say anything at this point …”

“No, I’m not, I wouldn’t ask you …”

“But, you know, he has done a terrible job. Iraq is a disaster. There were no terrorists in Iraq because they were afraid to be in Iraq. Now they’re all going to Iraq because nobody’s afraid anymore.”

“Yeah, it’s a terrorist state,” she said.

“Now it is,” he said.

Read more: Trump on Nancy Reagan: 'She was never very beautiful'
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Aw, Hell....I advocated voting for Kerry back then.

Yes, it's true.

The theory being that either of the candidates were going to screw America royally and Kerry seemed most likely to get it done and over with MOST quickly so we could move on and start rebuilding.

But would America listen?

Noooooooooo!

Only the dumbest, most shameless people were against Kerry in 2004. I'm not at all surprised that Trump said that.

Kerry...seriously. LOL

Have you blocked Dubya out of your memory? You poor thing. :itsok:

NO I have not forgot the delirious level of hate the man received from the left. Did you guys have an another international meeting where lamas of the world decided to turn on this man. I'm sure the lamas party international still exist despite it failing in every country in the world. It was impossible to have a rational conversation with the left and quite frankly, I would trade the economy we had then for what we have now.

Only the dumbest, most shameless people were against Kerry in 2004. I'm not at all surprised that Trump said that.

You just described 90% of conservatives.

I think it's so funny that people who called opponents of the Iraq war traitors and terrorist sympathizers are now Trumpbots.

Not very shocking. He's never been a fan of bush as we've seen the last few months.

Forum List

Back