Trump Just Walked Back His Statement About Bush and Iraq

///
I'm watching a town hall on CNN and Trump just refused to repeat his debate claim that Bush lied to get us into Iraq. He was given 3 opportunities to repeat his statement and wouldn't do it.

Your thoughts?

Does anybody really believe that Iraq is going to be a wonderful democracy where people are going to run down to the voting box and gently put in their ballot and the winner is happily going to step up to lead the county?...

Question:

Hypothetically, if someone freed you from a genocidal mass murder, would you be grateful?
Well tell us how much our troops were greeted as liberators with flowers and candy?

Why can't lefties ever answer a yes or no question with a yes or no answer?

That was my POINT.

We Americans would be grateful for being freed from a genocidal mass murder.

And we projected that onto the Arab/Muslim nation of Iraq.

We also have a problem with assuming that our culture of desiring Freedom and Equality is universal.

These are two of the basic mistaken beliefs that Americans had and STILL HAVE.

And why are hopes that Iraq would become a strong ally were ill founded.
It's adorable how you really do think you speak for an entire country. And avoiding my question answered my question for me.

That you believe your economic interests are served by voting democratic is a valid position. One I disagree with and would be happy to debate with you.

Don't debate with Racist Nazi Rednecks... I just mock them.

Don't you have a cross burning to get to?

So, you admit that you are not here to debate, just to troll?

Oh, and the irony of you trying to use the Race Card in the same phrase that you use racist terms.

Liberals. All the self awareness of a turnip.

BTW,

///
I'm watching a town hall on CNN and Trump just refused to repeat his debate claim that Bush lied to get us into Iraq. He was given 3 opportunities to repeat his statement and wouldn't do it.

Your thoughts?

Does anybody really believe that Iraq is going to be a wonderful democracy where people are going to run down to the voting box and gently put in their ballot and the winner is happily going to step up to lead the county?...

Question:

Hypothetically, if someone freed you from a genocidal mass murder, would you be grateful?
Well tell us how much our troops were greeted as liberators with flowers and candy?

That was my POINT.

We also have a problem with assuming that our culture of desiring Freedom and Equality is universal.

It's adorable how you really do think you speak for an entire country. And avoiding my question answered my question for me.

I'm speaking of the historical debate in this country leading up to the decision to invade.

And I wasn't "avoiding" your question.

But I don't understand why you think you deserve an answer to your question, when you wouldn't answer mine.

I have a real point to make, you tried to dodge and derail.

And you are still dodging.

///

Question:

That was my POINT.

I'm speaking of the historical debate in this country leading up to the decision to invade.

But I don't understand why you think you deserve an answer to your question, when you wouldn't answer mine.

I didn't answer yours because it was a rhetorical question based on your own personal delusions. I figured that was obvious. And regardless of what context you think you're speaking, making the ludicrous claims you're laying down is you, speaking for a nation. Which clearly don't.

So, you admit that you are not here to debate, just to troll?

Oh, and the irony of you trying to use the Race Card in the same phrase that you use racist terms.

Liberals. All the self awareness of a turnip.

Redneck isn't a race, it's a state of mind.

It's an ethnic slur aimed at rural whites.

You leftist have misused the term "racist" so much that you can't even tell when you are being racist, when the truth is rubbed in your face.

///
Question:

That was my POINT.

I didn't answer yours because it was a rhetorical question based on your own personal delusions. I figured that was obvious. And regardless of what context you think you're speaking, making the ludicrous claims you're laying down is you, speaking for a nation. Which clearly don't.

It was clearly a HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION. You can tell because I SAID IT WAS.

I was trying to make a point about the decision making in this country at the time.

I could have made my point, and then you could have explained why you disagreed.

Except that you decided to dodge the question instead. (i wonder what point you thought I was going to make that you were afraid of?)

I was not "speaking for the nation" I was describing portions of the debate leading up to the decision to invade.

You are being intellectually dishonest and purposefully obtuse.

///

That was my POINT.

It was clearly a HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION. You can tell because I SAID IT WAS.

I was trying to make a point about the decision making in this country at the time.

I could have made my point, and then you could have explained why you disagreed.

Except that you decided to dodge the question instead. (i wonder what point you thought I was going to make that you were afraid of?)

I was not "speaking for the nation" I was describing portions of the debate leading up to the decision to invade.

You are being intellectually dishonest and purposefully obtuse.
You poor, demented, fool. You actually said, "we Americans would be grateful for being freed from a genocidal mass murder," which is you speaking for an entire country despite your vapid denial of doing just that.

Not to mention, my question was an answer to your question. You asked if someone would be grateful for having a genocidal muderous tyrant removed for them; an analogy to Iraq. My question sought to seek actual evidence of such from actual Iraqis who actually endured such an example. I chose to highlight the pre-invasion bullshit we were offered by the administration of what we could expect to be greeted with for liberating them in such a fashion as your query suggests, by removing their murderous tyrant; that our troops would be welcomed as liberators with flowers and candy. Of course, when I asked that of you, I had foreknowledge reality did not turn out that way. Which is why you threw a hiss fit in response.

coffeepaper.gif

Last edited:
You see, for the average Iraqi, life wasn't too bad in 2003. The civil wars were over
After 20+ years of war or crippling sanctions, life wasn't that good either. In 1979 before Saddam took power, before the Iran war, and before US involvement, Iraq was the most secular and modern of all the Arab nations.

It's an ethnic slur aimed at rural whites.

no, it's a criticism of people how are willfully ignorant. We clearly need to improve our educationsystem to cure being a redneck.

We can start with the history books that try to excuse what the Confederacy did during the civil war.

When the Stars and Bars are as shameful as the Swastika, we will be making progress.

Forum List

Back