Trump met with a major tech CEO whose company is in competition with Amazon for a Pentagon contract

Can't say I'm heartbroken about Amazon's competitors getting help.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-oracle-safra-catz-amazon-pentagon-cloud-contract-2018-4

President Donald Trump reportedly dined with Oracle co-CEO Safra Catz Tuesday night amid his repeated berating of Amazon— a company with which Oracle is in direct competition to land a Pentagon contract worth billions.

Bloomberg reported that Trump would dine with Catz and billionaire venture capitalist Peter Thiel. The White House did not respond to a request for comment from Business Insider asking what was discussed at the meeting.
Weird link didn't work.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-oracle-safra-catz-amazon-pentagon-cloud-contract-2018-4

President Donald Trump reportedly dined with Oracle co-CEO Safra Catz Tuesday night amid his repeated berating of Amazon— a company with which Oracle is in direct competition to land a Pentagon contract worth billions.

Bloomberg reported that Trump would dine with Catz and billionaire venture capitalist Peter Thiel. The White House did not respond to a request for comment from Business Insider asking what was discussed at the meeting.

Yep. This is what we want our POTUS to be doing, picking individual winners and losers in the marketplace.

We are becoming more like Russia every day, all the faux conservatives must be all happy about this

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
it's unethical and abuse of power imo.
as it was when obama did it.

Yep. This is what we want our POTUS to be doing, picking individual winners and losers in the marketplace.

We are becoming more like Russia every day, all the faux conservatives must be all happy about this

Ya mean like obamsa buds suddenly becoming green co startups to get cash from Obama....or buying up companies Obama regulators would attack for profit

Yep, just like that. Thank you for once again showing there is basically no difference between Trump and Obama.
Except he's not helping create fake companies.....and right now all ya have is speculation.

No, what Trump is doing is lying about Amazon to affect the value of its stock. That’s the very definition of a stock manipulation, which is illegal.

Amazon does collect and remit taxes in every jurisdiction in which it sells, so Trump’s statements that it doesn’t is a lie.

The US Post Office cannot sign a contact where it loses money on its deliveries so his statement that the Post Office is subsidizing Amazon is also a lie.

Since Trump started attacking Amazon, the value of its stock has dropped over $200 a share.

If I were Jeff Bezos, I’d be suing.

Buttttttt. Obamaaaaaa

Buttttttt. Obamaaaaaa

yea, i don't let the "whataboutism" stop me. the same people i see run to it do it all the time also.

if you're gonna bag on someone for their behavior, be consistent or be cnn. those are you 2 choices.

Buttttttt. Obamaaaaaa

yea, i don't let the "whataboutism" stop me. the same people i see run to it do it all the time also.

if you're gonna bag on someone for their behavior, be consistent or be cnn. those are you 2 choices.

I call out whababoutsim all the time. Or I just thank the person for showing how alike Obama/Clinton are to Trump.

Do you think there will come a time when you move on from Obama and focus on the here and now?

Buttttttt. Obamaaaaaa

I call out whababoutsim all the time. Or I just thank the person for showing how alike Obama/Clinton are to Trump.

Do you think there will come a time when you move on from Obama and focus on the here and now?

Oh palease... all we heard about during 8 years of Obama was GWB.

Buttttttt. Obamaaaaaa

think there will come a time people use the same standards for people like and *don't* like?

We not only have the POTUS picking winners and losers, we have Congress doing the same, then you go to each individual state and state governments also pick winners and losers.

Government needs to butt out of private industries.

Buttttttt. Obamaaaaaa

think there will come a time people use the same standards for people like and *don't* like?

When do you think you might start doing that?

Why do you have such a hardon for Amazon? What did they do to you?

Nothing, but they're the biggest and baddest at what they do, so I don't have an issue with their competitors getting some help. I'd say the same if it were Walmart, Google, etc.

Nothing, but they're the biggest and baddest at what they do, so I don't have an issue with their competitors getting some help. I'd say the same if it were Walmart, Google, etc.

So, it is success that you have issues with? They are too good at what they do so they should be punished?

So, it is success that you have issues with? They are too good at what they do so they should be punished?

It's not about what I have an issue with; it's about what I don't have an issue with. I think it's a good thing when the dominance of a company like Amazon is challenged a little bit.

Buttttttt. Obamaaaaaa

When do you think you might start doing that?
never.

vicious circle this human nature.

It's not about what I have an issue with; it's about what I don't have an issue with.

You don't have an issue with the government punishing a company for being too good at what they do

Forum List

Back