Trump pivots left on immigration. Will his base defect or support him?

Kinda like how the media has been pretending that Trump's been "reaching out and speaking to" blacks of late, right?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Amen! I have my fingers crossed that blacks aren't buying it. Trump can't be pro-brown, pro-black, and pro-racist at the same time.

Well he's not racist,.so I guess he can be pro brown and black.

Really? If Trump isn't racist - why does he keep sending dog whistles to racists?

What dog whistles...you think tax cuts are racist

Funny. Educate yourself.

Ok so a bunch of progressives called trump racist.

Again tell me.what he did that was racist.

Amen! I have my fingers crossed that blacks aren't buying it. Trump can't be pro-brown, pro-black, and pro-racist at the same time.

Well he's not racist,.so I guess he can be pro brown and black.

Really? If Trump isn't racist - why does he keep sending dog whistles to racists?

What dog whistles...you think tax cuts are racist

Funny. Educate yourself.

Ok so a bunch of progressives called trump racist.

Again tell me.what he did that was racist.

Why are the KKK and other white nationalist/supremacist groups supporting Trump?

Racists and white nationalists love Donald Trump

How America’s dying white supremacist movement is seizing on Donald Trump’s appeal

Meet The Members Of Donald Trump’s White Supremacist Fan Club

Former KKK Grand Dragon Explains Why Racists Like Trump

David Duke: Voting against Trump is 'treason to your heritage'

Like he said, he could kill someone out on the street in the open and they would still support him.

Will Trump's base defect - or just assume he's only pivoting left with a softer and more humane tone to attract enough additional undecided votes to win the General Election? Is his pivot really aimed at attracting more brown voters or is he just trying to make himself seem less racist to educated white swing voters? Same questions apply regarding black voters.

Does anyone still think Trump will build a wall, create a "deportation force", and be as hard-lined on immigration as his campaign rhetoric during the primary season?

No of course not. But as to your question will his supporters run from him. No they won't. You're talking about very stupid people. Remember when Trump exclaimed that he could shoot someone, and he wouldn't lose any voters. He's right about that. Here's a good look at an avid Trump supporters brain.
A neuroscientist explains what may be wrong with Trump supporters’ brains

trumpshockreuters-800x430.jpg

As far as Latino's--Republican Latino's stated months ago they would not support a Trump nominee, and they won't be coming back. If he got down on hands and knees and begged they wouldn't come back. IOW--the only thing he has done is to insure that they'll be voting for Hillary Clinton. We're talking about 17% of the populatiion, when the GOP nominee, since Reagan needed at least 40% of this block to win the White House, Trump is off the charts in the negative column.
Latino conservatives: If Donald Trump is the nominee, we will not work to elect him
GOP Win Will Need More Than 40 Percent Of Latino 2016 Vote, Says Study

As far as educated white voters--they're smart enough to know that he is the most incompetent, unqualified, dangerous candidate in this nations history, and they're not easily fooled by teleprompters, and nice guy attitude. If he didn't exhibit that from the very beginning they won't believe it now.
Trump May Become The First Republican In 60 Years To Lose White College Graduates

Unfortunately for the Republican party, women, Latino's and white educated voters are probably gone forever, and the next Republican President may not even be born yet.
The GOP's woman problem goes beyond Trump
73 percent of women voters have an 'unfavorable' view of Donald Trump

This is no longer the party of Lincoln or Reagan, it is the Trump party. Full of anger, ignorance, bigotry, misogyny and extremism. A party that no one wants to belong to anymore.

Delaware-Tea-Party.jpg
Exactly. The sad thing is that it doesn't matter what proof, facts or stats you present to the Trump supporters, they'll find a way to excuse and/or ignore it.

Estimates have said that the cost of deportation could be as high as 11 billion dollars.

Where are they going to get the money from?

Isn't it interesting how Republicans are such fiscal hawks when Democrats are in power - but deficit spending is no concern when Republicans are in power...

Deficit-Attention-GOP.jpg
Yep. I don't know if you caught Gary Johnson on "The Five" yesterday. He was pretty effing awesome.

At one point he was describing how, as a Republican at the time, he fought Reagan, because he said that "Republicans always say that they're the party of fiscal responsibility, but then BOOM! Here comes Reagan with all this spending."

It totally dismantled all the rightwing hosts' arguments.

Gonna find it and post it soon, it's a must-see.

O
Will Trump's base defect - or just assume he's only pivoting left with a softer and more humane tone to attract enough additional undecided votes to win the General Election? Is his pivot really aimed at attracting more brown voters or is he just trying to make himself seem less racist to educated white swing voters? Same questions apply regarding black voters.

Does anyone still think Trump will build a wall, create a "deportation force", and be as hard-lined on immigration as his campaign rhetoric during the primary season?

When was he ever a conservative?

This seems like just another Potomac Two Step - grab your base during the nominating process, moderate during the general and hope the base sticks.

The only difference here is that Trump was so absurd & cartoonish in grabbing that base, that this will be a little tougher for them to swallow and spin.

We really need at least one more major party. This stuff really can be insulting.

Here's the Gary Johnson interview on "The Five"

He was the only conservative on the show.

Forum List

Back