Trump renews threat to end NAFTA, says Canada being ‘very difficult’

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I hope you guys are emailing your politicians and making sure they don't buckle regarding this. If America continues to be exploited, the ideals of the West are finished. I agree with free and fair trade, not, abuses and exploitation that go against the premise of the deal.

Trump is correct about Canada, I know first hand. He should simply withdraw from NAFTA and enter into bi-lateral trade agreements with harsh penalties for any trade abusing tactics.

You will notice how Canada and the anti-American allies have been suggesting for months (probably from the advice of treasonous American politicians) that they don't even believe that Trump has the authority to withdraw from NAFTA. THAT is how overt the undermining of the Will of the American people has become. They are quite happy to see Obama have unlimited power, absolutely frightened to death to believe Trump has the same power so they simply suggest everything is "undefined" or a "legal matter". They are praying for a drastic change in 2018 and 2020, which probably won't come to their rescue.

The president of the United States being weakened by foreign entities. Do Americans care?

P.S Save the good ones, there are a few of us here in Canada.

Trump renews threat to end NAFTA, says Canada being ‘very difficult’

U.S. President Donald Trump is again suggesting that NAFTA be terminated, this time saying that both Canada and Mexico are being "very difficult".

While he's threatened to end the trade agreement before, this is the first time Trump has complained about Canada's role in the talks.

Canada, the U.S. and Mexico began formal negotiations earlier this month to rework the 23-year-old trade deal.

When Trump previously threatened to blow up NAFTA, a representative for Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland said "heated rhetoric" is common in trade negotiations, but that Canada's priorities remain the same.

Adam Austen said last week that Canada will "continue to work hard to modernize NAFTA," in spite of the threats.

Experts of trade law say cancelling NAFTA would be complicated: it would prompt a legal showdown between the White House and Congress.

The latter once passed a law implementing NAFTA and could argue it is still on the books, meaning the agreement remains in effect.

Last edited:
Mexico and Canada have made out like bandits on NAFTA. No wonder they are squealing like stuck pigs.

The president of the United States being weakened by foreign entities. Do Americans care?

P.S Save the good ones, there are a few of us here in Canada.
Hoho, self-hating Canadians?

No. Self exposing Canadian.

Based on my extensive desire for closure domestically and quietly after which the terror against my wife and I became worse; it is the security apparatus in Canada that doesn't care about this country (though they like their budget increases and secrecy, not doing very well in the latter I can assure you). Canada and other countries who exploit America, abuse trade deals, U.S businesses and who control their domestic economy in ways only communist nations do cannot be trusted.

Since these reforms are not an interest of the Canadian apparatus, it falls on the US administration to protect these principles of business and liberty. If they allow exploitation and abuses to continue, not only will American liberty disappear, but so will that of the West which America defends for the most part. Unless of course, the world is yet again naive enough to think that Russia, China and others wouldn't quickly expand into Europe if no deterrent existed.

Forum List

Back