Trump running his "national" campaign as he did the primaries...Will it work?

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Really, think about it.....Now that he is the presumptive nominee, Trump is applying the same tactic in insulting not only Clinton, but virtually all other "fellow republicans" as he did in the primaries.

The question remains as to whether this idiotic approach will work when now he is facing a national race where not only democrats will be voting, but also independents and moderate (and sane) republicans who voted against him in those primaries.

I don't believe it needs a major overhaul. He needs continue to talk common sense over ideology and simply lighten the attacks to make it more Johnny Carson and less Don Rickles.

my2¢ is dead right, but the shit bag can't stand being called shit bag donnie.

He can't change is stripes. He is a striped shit bag.

Trump doesn't know how to do anything other than what he's been doing.

Remember when he said he would act more "presidential"? He was able to not insult anyone for a whole day, but then reverted back to his bully ways.

Nope, never gonna happen, Trump doesn't have the range (or the discipline) to be able to reign it in.

No it won't work. Trump's core problem is Trump and the immoral unethical hedonistic life he's led. "Not Hillary" isn't good enough. He has to make a case for himself, because the majority of Americans see him as unfit for office, and nothing more than an egomaniacal con man - basically a joke.

• Banned
No it won't work. Trump's core problem is Trump and the immoral unethical hedonistic life he's led. "Not Hillary" isn't good enough. He has to make a case for himself, because the majority of Americans see him as unfit for office, and nothing more than an egomaniacal con man - basically a joke.

Recently, when chatting with a friend about the "phenomena" that is Trump, I told him that the best way to defeat Trump, is to let him ramble on. Low intelligence tea sippers love Trump's speeches......Why?

Well, the answer is simple....What better way than to feed empty brains than to spew empty rhetoric?

• Banned
The question is, why is Trump a Republican when on balance he doesn't agree with Republicans?

Of course, you're on the right track.....On another thread I stated that basically, Trump has started a 3rd party......backed by empty headed acolytes.....

He needs continue to talk common sense over ideology and simply lighten the attacks to make it more Johnny Carson and less Don Rickles.

When Trump could not get Paul Ryan's support, he slammed Ryan.......For someone who calls himself the "great negotiator", what do you think of Trump's common sense skills?

Trump brooks little dissent.

He needs to destroy his business opponent.

He may know business negotiations but has no idea of the art of politics.

After the disaster this fall for him, he may start a third party.

ace-ventura-when-nature-calls-jim-carrey.jpg

I hop
Really, think about it.....Now that he is the presumptive nominee, Trump is applying the same tactic in insulting not only Clinton, but virtually all other "fellow republicans" as he did in the primaries.

The question remains as to whether this idiotic approach will work when now he is facing a national race where not only democrats will be voting, but also independents and moderate (and sane) republicans who voted against him in those primaries.

I hope he never stops trashing the wicked lying kunt and Billy boy.

He kicked it off with "crooked Hillary". Spot on from where I sit.

None of which will convince anyone new to vote for Trump. The far right wriggle because it is like masturbation, but it is also sterile like masturbation.

He kicked it off with "crooked Hillary". Spot on from where I sit.

Something is working....

It's a non-issue, deltex, is the point.

The general is a different game altogether, so one changes accordingly.

Hillary is going to make Bernie her VP, which will secure the left and most of the center populist vote.

Trump could overcome that by donating the $1.5 billion himself and say "see I do care about the working guy; I am not beholden to special interests." That could work very well for him.

Forum List

Back