Trump slams late night hosts as 'unfunny,' raises fed's 'equal time' law for Republicans

I'd love to provide alternative political humour in the form of a talk show or skit. Even if I do say so myself, I think that there is SO much untapped material provided by the alt-left and Snowflake community in particular, that one could achieve some level of success.

Trump slams late night hosts as 'unfunny,' raises fed's 'equal time' law for Republicans

President Trump took aim at late-night TV hosts in early morning tweets on Saturday for their "unfunny" and frequent anti-Trump routines.

He accused them of "dealing with Democrats" and suggested he and fellow Republicans should be given equal time under the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules for political candidates.

“Late Night host are dealing with the Democrats for their very ‘unfunny’ & repetitive material, always anti-Trump! Should we get Equal Time?” Trump said in a two-part tweet.

Follow
Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

Late Night host are dealing with the Democrats for their very "unfunny" & repetitive material, always anti-Trump! Should we get Equal Time?

8:00 AM - Oct 7, 2017
Twitter Ads info and privacy

“More and more people are suggesting that Republicans (and me) should be given Equal Time on T.V. when you look at the one-sided coverage?”

Follow
Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

More and more people are suggesting that Republicans (and me) should be given Equal Time on T.V. when you look at the one-sided coverage?

8:04 AM - Oct 7, 2017

The FCC requires radio and network TV stations to give equal opportunities to legitimate political candidates, under the 1934 so-called “equal time” law.

Among Trump’s biggest late-night critics are CBS's Stephen Colbert, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel and Seth Meyers, host of NBC’s “Late Night with Seth Meyers.”
Conservatives do not do funny

Their view of comedy is limited to someone slipping on a banana peel
You are so partisan. Of course they can do funny. And I think a lot of jokes could come out about Pelosi, Clinton (especially) Schumer, etc. and I don't think the world would rise up in umbrage. They would laugh.
I've been on this board a while
I have seen what Conservatives find funny about Pelosi and Clinton. It is mostly centered on how old and ugly they are
Fortunately, the brains on this board don't fairly represent either side or even normally functioning people, not most of the time.
I really don't see many conservative comedians. Their base really doesn't understand humor
Pie in the face is funny
Political Humor goes over their head

So the POTUS is butthurt because late night programs display him for the idiot he is...lol.
So now he wants a late night show where he gets to continue to lie to his ignorant supporters that the world is out to get him...

I'd love to provide alternative political humour in the form of a talk show or skit. Even if I do say so myself, I think that there is SO much untapped material provided by the alt-left and Snowflake community in particular, that one could achieve some level of success.

President Trump took aim at late-night TV hosts in early morning tweets on Saturday for their "unfunny" and frequent anti-Trump routines.

He accused them of "dealing with Democrats" and suggested he and fellow Republicans should be given equal time under the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules for political candidates.

“Late Night host are dealing with the Democrats for their very ‘unfunny’ & repetitive material, always anti-Trump! Should we get Equal Time?” Trump said in a two-part tweet.

Follow
Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

Late Night host are dealing with the Democrats for their very "unfunny" & repetitive material, always anti-Trump! Should we get Equal Time?

“More and more people are suggesting that Republicans (and me) should be given Equal Time on T.V. when you look at the one-sided coverage?”

Follow
Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

More and more people are suggesting that Republicans (and me) should be given Equal Time on T.V. when you look at the one-sided coverage?

The FCC requires radio and network TV stations to give equal opportunities to legitimate political candidates, under the 1934 so-called “equal time” law.

Among Trump’s biggest late-night critics are CBS's Stephen Colbert, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel and Seth Meyers, host of NBC’s “Late Night with Seth Meyers.”
No one is stopping Jeff Foxworthy or Tim Allen from having a late night show. Have at it.
Tim Allen had an inoffensive program and even that was too much for the network who cancelled that difference of opinion.

Follow
Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

Follow
Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

Which is stupid. He does not deserve equal time. Perhaps the Democrats should be given equal time on Fox News or Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity.

Actually I do find them funny. It is not too hard because Trump provides plenty of material.

.facebook_1507419666115.jpg

Forum List

Back