Trump sycophant Matt Gaetz accidentally admits that Nunes is still leading House probe

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
He recused himself after thoroughly shaming himself on last little failed escapade .. but you know. :wink:

One of the Republican lawmakers helping President Donald Trump undermine the special counsel accidentally admitted on MSNBC that Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) was still directing the House Intelligence probe of Russian election meddling.

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) appeared Monday on MSNBC’s “Velshi and Ruhle,” where he argued for the release of a memo that he and Nunes say shows wrongdoing by special counsel Robert Mueller and Justice Department employees.

“The Department of Justice says releasing it would be ‘extraordinarily reckless,'” said host Stephanie Ruhle. “The president refers to the Department of Justice as ‘my guys,’ so if his own Department of Justice says this is extraordinarily reckless, why is it a good idea to do it?”

House Republicans have refused to share the secret memo with the Justice Department, whose officials oppose its release due to national security concerns.

“Well, the Department of Justice hasn’t even read the memo so it would be hard for them to determine what would on would not be reckless because they haven’t seen it,” Gaetz claimed. “I think Devin Nunes has done a great job chairing the Intelligence Committee leading this investigation. I trust his judgment.”

“He seems to be in full command and control of this investigation,” Gaetz said. “I think that’s a good thing. All of the allegations made against him, completely proven false and he was completely cleared. He is the chairman of the Intelligence Committee and I trust his judgment.”​

More:

Oops! Matt Gaetz accidentally reveals to MSNBC that Devin Nunes leading Russia probe after recusal

Matt Gaetz would not be anywhere without his Daddy. Wonder if he still drives under the influence.

I doubt it will be release, as they probably messed with it.

Matt Gaetz would not be anywhere without his Daddy. Wonder if he still drives under the influence.

I doubt it will be release, as they probably messed with it.

I've seen him spreading his Trumpy lies a couple of times - whadda maroon

Legal history[edit]
In 2008, Gaetz was arrested for a DUI as he was driving back from the Swamp, a nightclub on Okaloosa Island, Florida, in a 2001 BMW SUV registered to his father. While he was arrested and refused to take a breathalyzer test, "he didn't have his license suspended for a year when he refused the breath test—as Florida law dictates. And he didn't have that refusal used against him in a criminal proceeding." At the time of his arrest and consequent criminal proceedings, his father was serving as a local politician. The attorneys agreed to drop the case, despite the fact that the police reported that "Gaetz fumbled for his license and registration, his eyes were watery and bloodshot, and he swayed and staggered when he got out of the car," and Gaetz cited the dropped charges as proof that he was innocent.[2]

Between 1999 and 2014, Gaetz received 16 speeding tickets in Florida.[3]

DSZdZ9NXcAA1y5Y.jpg

Forum List

Back