Trump wants Constitutional Amendment for Congressional term limits!!

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
If you were looking for a last minute excuse to vote for Trump THIS IS IT!!!

This country needs a permanent mechanism to rid ourselves of career politicians. This is the only way!

And by the way, save me the smarmy "we-have-term-limits-it's-called-the-ballot-box" stupid mindless comeback.

Trump Proposes Term Limits for Congress to ‘Drain the Swamp’

Donald Trump called for term limits for members of Congress on Tuesday, saying it would help "drain the swamp" in Washington.

"If I am elected president, I will push for a constitutional amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress," Trump said at a rally in Colorado Springs, Colorado, to a roar of approval from the audience.

He didn’t spell out the maximum number of terms he would propose for members of the U.S. House and Senate. The proposal faces potentially insurmountable obstacles. A federal constitutional amendment would be required to impose term limits, and thus far Congress has lacked the votes to send a proposal to the states for ratification.

Unfortunately for Herr Trump, that requires an Act of Congress. It's like asking Congress to lynch themselves. Not likely gonna happen.

Unfortunately for Herr Trump, that requires an Act of Congress. It's like asking Congress to lynch themselves. Not likely gonna happen.

Strictly speaking, it doesn't require an act of congress. Though you're right....its not happening.

This country needs a permanent mechanism to rid ourselves of career politicians. This is the only way!

And by the way, save me the smarmy "we-have-term-limits-it's-called-the-ballot-box" stupid mindless comeback.

Donald Trump called for term limits for members of Congress on Tuesday, saying it would help "drain the swamp" in Washington.

"If I am elected president, I will push for a constitutional amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress," Trump said at a rally in Colorado Springs, Colorado, to a roar of approval from the audience.

He didn’t spell out the maximum number of terms he would propose for members of the U.S. House and Senate. The proposal faces potentially insurmountable obstacles. A federal constitutional amendment would be required to impose term limits, and thus far Congress has lacked the votes to send a proposal to the states for ratification.

Damned good idea since no one was ever supposed to make a living being a politician in Congress.

It's highly unlikely to EVER happen, but it's a good way to start a serious conversation about it nationwide.

Somebody stop me!

I can't stop voting for my Senator

That's a very good idea. USA will getting rid of corrupted career politicians who know nothing and can nothing except lying and stealing.

Hilarious. Absolutely fucking Hilarious. I've created multiple threads over the years begging for this to be done and every time I do 90% of this board blasts me saying they already have term limits....the voters.

Now I suppose that tune will change eh?

That's a very good idea. USA will getting rid of corrupted career politicians who know nothing and can nothing except lying and stealing.

The US will be replacing experienced politicians with neophytes

Try that the next time you go for surgery. Sorry Doctor, but you have been a surgeon for ten years already. Lets give someone else a chance

Try that the next time you go for surgery. Sorry Doctor, but you have been a surgeon for ten years already. Lets give someone else a chance

What can do professional politicians?
Nothing.
Better more guys like Trump, Reagan etc. in politic who were very successful in their former occupations instead of looser and liars.

I hate that his dumb mf's has some really good ideas, I just hate that they come from him.

Nothing.
Better more guys like Trump, Reagan etc. in politic who were very successful in their former occupations instead of looser and liars.
Then let them convince voters why they are better suited for the position than someone who has been doing it successfully for 20 years

Nothing.
Then let them convince voters why they are better suited for the position than someone who has been doing it successfully for 20 years

Trump is already convincing voters....
Know-Nothing-Professional-Politicainas already organized a Freemason mafia to silence and to kick-out any independent politician. The entirely system is highly corrupted and rigged, therefore it must be changed.

I guess you figure that when the founders wrote our constitution they were being as you say, "mindless and stupid".

Know-Nothing-Professional-Politicainas already organized a Freemason mafia to silence and to kick-out any independent politician. The entirely system is highly corrupted and rigged, therefore it must be changed.
What about the two-term limit for president? Do you think it should be changed or stay the same?

Somebody stop me!

I can't stop voting for my Senator

Just ignore the entrenchment effect of incumbency, and the permanent political class it creates, in both parties.

Yet, politicians get voted out of office all the time. You claim the voters are incapable of deciding who is best suited to represent them

No, I am saying enough voters are complacent enough to just vote the incumbent without thinking to keep idiots in office for decades.

Some people just feel comfortable with "good ol X", every 2 years, or 6 years. Making them actually look at two new candidates every decade or so might activate some deeper political thought.

Nothing.

What makes you think the system can't be rigged for a political rookie? Especially one with billions of dollars to spend on himself?

Forum List

Back