Trump wants Constitutional Amendment for Congressional term limits!!

Then that is their right. They are also capable of asking...what has he done for me lately? and vote against him

I have been voting for over 40 years. I have voted for candidates of both parties. Many, many times, I have looked at a Congressman or Senator and been pleased at the job they have been doing. Other times, they have worn out their welcome and I have voted against them.

That is my right as a voter

Why do you want to take that away?

Your right as a voter is to vote, you don't have the right to fill in the bubble of the candidate you want, just the candidates that are presented.

If you wanted to, you could write their name in on the ballot.

So you want to remove my choice because you don't trust my ability to choose the most qualified candidate

You imply that those who have been in office for over 10 years are implicitly corrupt or inept. If they are corrupt, there are laws in place to prosecute them. If they are inept, it is up to me, the voter to decide....not some arbitrary term limit

I don't trust the complacency of masses of voters. A person may be smart, but people are idiots.

And term limits are applied all over the place, and are supported by a large amount of voters.

That the entrenched politicians don't like them is indicator #1 that they are a good idea.

So throw out the Constitution and proclaim that voters are too stupid to decide who is best suited to represent them

Is it complacency to decide that your Senator has done a good job and has earned another 6 years?

We limit the president's terms so why not Congress's?

I've always been torn on Congressional Term limits. I can see both sides and I can't really decide if one position is better than the other

I don't agree a Presidents term should be limited either

Obama 2016!

I don't trust the complacency of masses of voters. A person may be smart, but people are idiots.

And term limits are applied all over the place, and are supported by a large amount of voters.

That the entrenched politicians don't like them is indicator #1 that they are a good idea.

So throw out the Constitution and proclaim that voters are too stupid to decide who is best suited to represent them

Is it complacency to decide that your Senator has done a good job and has earned another 6 years?

No, amend it to set term limits.

And most people don't think enough about voting to "decide", a bunch of them just vote for "who's in"

We have trusted the judgment of our voters for over 230 years. It has worked out very well

Our founders rejected your elitism when it comes to voters making decisions

If enough people support the concept to amend the constitution, you are out of luck.

And for all your prattling about the "people", what you really want to protect is cronyism and a permanent political class, the typical progressive worship of their "betters", while hoping for more crumbs thrown their way than thrown to others.

There is not a permanent political class

They must convince the voters every two years (House) and six years (Senate)
That is, by definition, a term limit

No, it isn't. But you want to keep your cronies in, so you wrap yourself in the mantle of "choice" to keep the stink off.

If you were looking for a last minute excuse to vote for Trump THIS IS IT!!!

This country needs a permanent mechanism to rid ourselves of career politicians. This is the only way!

And by the way, save me the smarmy "we-have-term-limits-it's-called-the-ballot-box" stupid mindless comeback.

Trump Proposes Term Limits for Congress to ‘Drain the Swamp’

Donald Trump called for term limits for members of Congress on Tuesday, saying it would help "drain the swamp" in Washington.

"If I am elected president, I will push for a constitutional amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress," Trump said at a rally in Colorado Springs, Colorado, to a roar of approval from the audience.

He didn’t spell out the maximum number of terms he would propose for members of the U.S. House and Senate. The proposal faces potentially insurmountable obstacles. A federal constitutional amendment would be required to impose term limits, and thus far Congress has lacked the votes to send a proposal to the states for ratification.

--LOL

moonbat brook baldwin of cnn

thinks trump is crazy because

we already have term limits in congress

--LOL
There are term limits in Congress. You and Trump just don't like the way the term limits are determined by the voting public. You who profess to want less government and government regulation want to regulate one of out most important and significant rights, voting. You want to restrict who has the right to vote and who we are allowed to vote for.

There are term limits in Congress.

no there isnt dummy

This country needs a permanent mechanism to rid ourselves of career politicians. This is the only way!

And by the way, save me the smarmy "we-have-term-limits-it's-called-the-ballot-box" stupid mindless comeback.

Donald Trump called for term limits for members of Congress on Tuesday, saying it would help "drain the swamp" in Washington.

"If I am elected president, I will push for a constitutional amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress," Trump said at a rally in Colorado Springs, Colorado, to a roar of approval from the audience.

He didn’t spell out the maximum number of terms he would propose for members of the U.S. House and Senate. The proposal faces potentially insurmountable obstacles. A federal constitutional amendment would be required to impose term limits, and thus far Congress has lacked the votes to send a proposal to the states for ratification.

--LOL

--LOL
There are term limits in Congress. You and Trump just don't like the way the term limits are determined by the voting public. You who profess to want less government and government regulation want to regulate one of out most important and significant rights, voting. You want to restrict who has the right to vote and who we are allowed to vote for.

no there isnt dummy
It's called elections dummy. The people elected are only elected to serve a single term. Two years for the House and six years for the Senate. Those are the term limits. If those officials want to serve longer they have to be reelected to new terms.

--LOL

--LOL

no there isnt dummy
It's called elections dummy. The people elected are only elected to serve a single term. Two years for the House and six years for the Senate. Those are the term limits. If those officials want to serve longer they have to be reelected to new terms.

man you are stupid

that is not what a term limit is

--LOL

--LOL

no there isnt dummy

term limits were pushed by states, S court ruled limits unconstitutional

--LOL

--LOL

no there isnt dummy

states can set term limits

Your right as a voter is to vote, you don't have the right to fill in the bubble of the candidate you want, just the candidates that are presented.

If you wanted to, you could write their name in on the ballot.

So you want to remove my choice because you don't trust my ability to choose the most qualified candidate

You imply that those who have been in office for over 10 years are implicitly corrupt or inept. If they are corrupt, there are laws in place to prosecute them. If they are inept, it is up to me, the voter to decide....not some arbitrary term limit

We limit the president's terms so why not Congress's?

I've always been torn on Congressional Term limits. I can see both sides and I can't really decide if one position is better than the other

I don't agree a Presidents term should be limited either

Obama 2016!
Glad to see him go. Great for the country.

--LOL

--LOL

no there isnt dummy

states can set term limits

also the constitution could be amended to have term limits on congress

That's a very good idea. USA will getting rid of corrupted career politicians who know nothing and can nothing except lying and stealing.

The US will be replacing experienced politicians with neophytes

Try that the next time you go for surgery. Sorry Doctor, but you have been a surgeon for ten years already. Lets give someone else a chance

Oh please, that truly is an apples and oranges, and really stupid comparison if I ever saw one.

Forum List

Back