Trump's Shutdown Trap?....Did you know....

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
I’d start the push to privatize the TSA for starters. Then I’d move to privatize all the Park workers.....followed by seeing who else UNESSENTIAL can be done away with....cut the cost of government by 25%....It might make him a one term president, but would accomplish something that both parties have been growing for many decades!

Has President Trump suckered Democrats and the Deep State into a trap that will enable a radical downsizing of the federal bureaucracy? In only 5 more days of the already-“longest government shutdown in history” (25 days and counting, as of today), a heretofore obscure threshold will be reached, enabling permanent layoffs of bureaucrats furloughed 30 days or more!!!!

(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...

Yes downsize the bureaucracy but keep increasing the budget which is what has been happening since Trump took office..

Hundreds of thousands of government employees need to consider what nonessential employee means. It is never good idea to take a nonessential job.

I’d start the push to privatize the TSA for starters. Then I’d move to privatize all the Park workers.....followed by seeing who else UNESSENTIAL can be done away with....cut the cost of government by 25%....It might make him a one term president, but would accomplish something that both parties have been growing for many decades!

Has President Trump suckered Democrats and the Deep State into a trap that will enable a radical downsizing of the federal bureaucracy? In only 5 more days of the already-“longest government shutdown in history” (25 days and counting, as of today), a heretofore obscure threshold will be reached, enabling permanent layoffs of bureaucrats furloughed 30 days or more!!!!

Isn't the Post Office already privatized?

Semi. It has to earn it's budget and is not on the federal budget

That's working at least as well as Sears Corp is.

FWIW, I'm skeptical of anything with a CEO or shareholders making money off essential government services. And I'm skeptical if government agencies ever get that killer instinct effective Corporations have so I fall someplace in the middle on this one. Being conservative with a lower case "c" that leaves me in favor of the status quo.

That's working at least as well as Sears Corp is.

FWIW, I'm skeptical of anything with a CEO or shareholders making money off essential government services. And I'm skeptical if government agencies ever get that killer instinct effective Corporations have so I fall someplace in the middle on this one. Being conservative with a lower case "c" that leaves me in favor of the status quo.
They will need to adapt to the new or die that is just how it is. In my mailbox all I really get is spam...inedible spam..

Privatized security worked so well on 9-11. Idiot!

Privatized security worked so well on 9-11. Idiot!
There was no security at airport check ins before 9-12, ABNORMALS know shit!

Yes downsize the bureaucracy but keep increasing the budget which is what has been happening since Trump took office..

Correct, and that is the problem.

Now, the trigger warning.

Once the wall is built, and illegals gone, imagine all those billions saved that otherwise we spend on them.

The American Thinker needs to get rid of that cuckoo clock he has for a brain. The problem is that law enforcement is a federal authority. 911 occurred under a private sector TSA. We are talking about federal lands.

If he tried that, the hole will get deeper. That would be using a backhoe to dig yourself in a deeper hole.

Forum List

Back