Trump's tax cut Kool-Aid

Astrostar

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2017
So, how many Americans drank the Kool-Aid hawked by Trump and the Republicans that their big tax cut would mean "more money in your pocket?" How many would even admit now that Trump's song and dance about taxes influenced their votes? I bet damn few would!

So, perhaps SOME received a little more in their weekly/monthly paychecks. But, would not they also think that with larger paychecks it would stand to reason that tax refunds would be larger also? And, I'm not talking about those with financial smarts, but rather the average Joe who depends on a big tax refund in the spring. For some, tax refunds are the only way they can save money. And, please don't launch into a diatribe about how one should adjust withholding to avoid big refunds which allows the government to use your money interest free. Tell me, what interest? Interest on savings went away with Dubya's economic crash in 2008, and it has not returned. And, if you think that 1-2% is real interest, think again.

The charts in the link are fascinating. We knew that the wealthy would benefit most; the charts prove it!

CHARTS: See How Much Of GOP Tax Cuts Will Go To The Middle Class

The middle class is winning because there are more jobs and higher wages. You really think people are going to be upset because they have jobs and higher wages so they have to pay a little more tax too?

The tax refund is crazy. I try to owe every year without a penalty as that’s interest free money. The Blue states did get smoked with the $10k cap. I agree with that. I wish the cap was $20k but whatever.

ASTOUNDING FACT: Any Tax Cut will most benefit the people who already pay the most taxes.

Actually, it's not astounding. Anyone with a three-digit IQ will figure this out immediately. It's only Leftists who have a problem with the concept.

Imagine a cut in the gasoline tax. Who will benefit most? PEOPLE WHO DRIVE LARGE GAS GUZZLING VEHICLES.

The RICH!

God DAMMIT!!!!!!!

It happens every time.

What kind of an idiot thinks that a tax cut will not only result in higher take-home pay, but ALSO A BIGGER TAX REFUND?

Seriously. What kind of an idiot would believe this?

So, how many Americans drank the Kool-Aid hawked by Trump and the Republicans that their big tax cut would mean "more money in your pocket?" How many would even admit now that Trump's song and dance about taxes influenced their votes? I bet damn few would!

So, perhaps SOME received a little more in their weekly/monthly paychecks. But, would not they also think that with larger paychecks it would stand to reason that tax refunds would be larger also? And, I'm not talking about those with financial smarts, but rather the average Joe who depends on a big tax refund in the spring. For some, tax refunds are the only way they can save money. And, please don't launch into a diatribe about how one should adjust withholding to avoid big refunds which allows the government to use your money interest free. Tell me, what interest? Interest on savings went away with Dubya's economic crash in 2008, and it has not returned. And, if you think that 1-2% is real interest, think again.

The charts in the link are fascinating. We knew that the wealthy would benefit most; the charts prove it!

Posted by someone who wants to show how little they know about economics. They should have put the doobie down and waited for the fog to clear.

The middle class is winning because there are more jobs and higher wages. You really think people are going to be upset because they have jobs and higher wages so they have to pay a little more tax too?

Notice the OP provides a link and evidence, and you provide Trump and Ryan's talking points which do not reflect reality.

Posted by someone who wants to show how little they know about economics. They should have put the doobie down and waited for the fog to clear.

Posted by someone whose ignorance is blind to reality. Look at the link in the OP and have someone explain it too you if you can't comprehend numbers.

More butt hurt lies from the America haters.

The tax refund is crazy. I try to owe every year without a penalty as that’s interest free money. The Blue states did get smoked with the $10k cap. I agree with that. I wish the cap was $20k but whatever.

I hope Arizona disappears in a dust storm and chocks people like you.

Chocks? I don’t live in AZ lol

Posted by someone whose ignorance is blind to reality. Look at the link in the OP and have someone explain it too you if you can't comprehend numbers.
Why do you fools think media links can prove anything? Will that nonsense hold up in court? At the very best a media link used in a court of law could be used as evidence at a liberals competency hearing.

Mea culpa, I'll hope you run into the Strangler than, is that better. I live in CA and pay more in real estate taxes and St. Income tax than the paltry sum of $24k (standard deduction). You think that too little, well you're correct. Since the $24k deduction will be seen to shrink as compared to local real estate and St. income Taxes + Fees rise.

It's Trump's pain put on CA and other States who saw through his mental illness and didn't vote for him, most of the 3 million who knew he was an asshole and a megalomaniac voted for HRC, the Green or Libertarian voters.

Mea culpa, I'll hope you run into the Strangler than, is that better. I live in CA and pay more in real estate taxes and St. Income tax than the paltry sum of $24k (standard deduction). You think that too little, well you're correct. Since the $24k deduction will be seen to shrink as compared to local real estate and St. income Taxes + Fees rise.

It's Trump's pain put on CA and other States who saw through his mental illness and didn't vote for him, most of the 3 million who knew he was an asshole and a megalomaniac voted for HRC, the Green or Libertarian voters.

I live in MA and you were our bitch in football and baseball. My taxes are high too big guy.

Left Wingers should prove that they really want higher taxes by not taking any of their tax deductions.
Do you think that they will do that?

I live in MA and you were our bitch in football and baseball. My taxes are high too big guy.

Don't be too smug, I live in the SF Bay Area and rooted for both the Red Sox and Patriots. In fact your once back up QB (Matt Gutierrez) and my son were the starters on the 8th Grade CYO Basketball Team, which one won the title against all other league champions from dioceses in the East Bay.

Both the Dodgers and the Rams get booed up here. Oh, and BTW, if you buy Red Sox tickets, thanks, you are paying Sandavol's salary and he was very good last season with the Giants. In fact not only did he play 3B, 2b and 1b he also pitched in relieve for one inning and got the side out on 11 pitches.

I owe a little bit every year so we have the same mind set. I don't want Uncle Sugar to have my money free of charge and I never get a refund check. Very few people think like you and me.

Left Wingers should prove that they really want higher taxes by not taking any of their tax deductions.

No we won't pay more taxes to the Feds. The feds will send my tax dollars to Red States where most of the aid to the needy goes. Let those rubes exercise some personal responsibility, and stop dropping out of school in the 5th and 6th grades to marry their first cousin.

No we won't pay more taxes to the Feds. The feds will send my tax dollars to Red States where most of the aid to the needy goes. Let those rubes exercise some personal responsibility, and stop dropping out of school in the 5th and 6th grades to marry their first cousin.
Wry, I am sure that the Red States would love to deport their worthless Democrats do the Blue states.

Serves you right. Hilarious how your mental disease lets you blame Trump for what the criminal politicians in cali have done.

Traitor lie of the week.

Forum List

Back