Tsarnaev will be questioned immediately without having Miranda rights issued to him

In the real world he got immediate surgery not immediate questioning.

I wonder if his brother will be buried at sea before tomorrow. There are already pictures of his body on the INTERNET. Not so much for another famous Muslim.

Boston Bomb Suspect Captured Alive in Backyard Boat - ABC News

A senior Justice Department official told ABC News that federal law enforcement officials are invoking the public safety exception to the Miranda rights, so that Tsarnaev will be questioned immediately without having Miranda rights issued to him.

I don't care what he has done, every suspect needs to have their Miranda rights read to them.
I hope he raises this issue when the case goes to court.

A senior Justice Department official told ABC News that federal law enforcement officials are invoking the public safety exception to the Miranda rights, so that Tsarnaev will be questioned immediately without having Miranda rights issued to him.

I don't care what he has done, every suspect needs to have their Miranda rights read to them.

Don'tja see what is happening? Rights are being eroded every day. Obama takes out Americans in another country without due process without judicial review and it is basically ignored because of the allusion of it makes us safe. Of course we want him to talk and a lawyer would definitely advise him to not say anything. So if they do this anything he says should not be used in a court of law. Not that it matters what he says he is guilty. If I were he though I would admit to everything without being Mirandized. THAT would really test the system.

Once again I will have to say I disagree with Obama and his DOJ

American Citizen arrested on American soil. Miranda should be in play.

Just more evidence that Obama doesn't care about your rights or the Constitution.

Don'tja see what is happening? Rights are being eroded every day. Obama takes out Americans in another country without due process without judicial review and it is basically ignored because of the allusion of it makes us safe. Of course we want him to talk and a lawyer would definitely advise him to not say anything. So if they do this anything he says should not be used in a court of law. Not that it matters what he says he is guilty. If I were he though I would admit to everything without being Mirandized. THAT would really test the system.

Ignorant nonsense.

There are no Miranda ‘rights,’ there is the Miranda Warning.

And Dzhokar Tsaranev still retains his 5th Amendment right to not self-incriminate; he can keep his mouth shut and not say a word to investigators from the outset.

If he should say anything, however, it will still be admissible in court, absent the Warning.

(1) The president has every right to use drones in the war against terror. It is simply a weapon system. Remember weapons don't kill people. Presidents kill people, and when in light of his cic power, yes, he can do it constitutionally.

(2) Nothing can be used against him without the warning. The folks are talking to him in case he dies and they can't talk to him.

Think, people.

And, Freewill, if I were a county sheriff, and you were holed up in a dugout up the holler, I would use drone hell fire missiles and burn you out rather than risk my deputies.

Ignorant nonsense.

There are no Miranda ‘rights,’ there is the Miranda Warning.

And Dzhokar Tsaranev still retains his 5th Amendment right to not self-incriminate; he can keep his mouth shut and not say a word to investigators from the outset.

If he should say anything, however, it will still be admissible in court, absent the Warning.

This is a good discussion, you say something wrong on top of your high horse and I get to knock you off. Yes, the warning is a Miranda warning, but the warning is telling the person their rights under Miranda. You should be able to find the difference with a simple google. Might save you some embarrassment if you did it BEFORE you posted.

And, Freewill, if I were a county sheriff, and you were holed up in a dugout up the holler, I would use drone hell fire missiles and burn you out rather than risk my deputies.

You really expose a lot about the liberal left in such a short paragraph. First of all if a person is an immediate threat then any means can be used. But you expose yourself by saying you wouldn't take the risk yourself you would let someone else take that risk. As it has been with most wars America has been involved with, liberals don't voluntarily involve themselves, they let others.

How about if I were a 16 year old eating dinner at a diner in another country not posing a threat to anyone? I am not a terrorist or ever wished to be one. Would you still use that Hellfire?

(1) The president has every right to use drones in the war against terror. It is simply a weapon system. Remember weapons don't kill people. Presidents kill people, and when in light of his cic power, yes, he can do it constitutionally.

(2) Nothing can be used against him without the warning. The folks are talking to him in case he dies and they can't talk to him.

Think, people.

OK then Bush thought Iraq was a terrorist threat and considering the behavior of Saddam he was right. I am glad you now agree with the actions Bush took after Congress gave him the go ahead.

Obama took out a 16 year old boy, his cousins and those at a diner, do you REALLY want to give that power to a Republican? Not that a Republican ever did such a thing but I assume you don't like Republicans much. It is interesting how the left has fallen in love with the patriot act and the powers it gave the president. Except of course when Bush was in office.

So what do you say, ok to kill 16 year old American boys?

Freewill, you are an anti-American reactionary not a patriot.

Drones are technology, nothing more. It is common-sense mainstream America to give a criminal an opportunity to surrender, and rather than risk LEO lives and limbs, use a drone.

And the CIC has the right to use drones in another country where our enemies are living and where we can't get at them in any other way. The moral fault is on the criminal who puts others at risk by hiding amongst them.

You and those who think like you are nothing more than low information mentoids.

In the real world he got immediate surgery not immediate questioning.

I wonder if his brother will be buried at sea before tomorrow. There are already pictures of his body on the INTERNET. Not so much for another famous Muslim.

I really don't give a shit if he's ground up and mixed with hog feed before being sent to a local pig farm.

That's what I would have already done with everyone at gitmo and that bin laden assclown.

No attorney would be that stupid. He doesn't need his rights until he's questioned. Right now he's in custody but not under arrest. He went into immediate surgery so he can't be questioned. He can't be questioned in recovery either. He can't be questioned until the doctor says so. He can't even be arrested right now.

No attorney would be that stupid. He doesn't need his rights until he's questioned. Right now he's in custody but not under arrest. He went into immediate surgery so he can't be questioned. He can't be questioned in recovery either. He can't be questioned until the doctor says so. He can't even be arrested right now.

You better believe he is under arrest and in a locked hospital wing.

Drones are technology, nothing more. It is common-sense mainstream America to give a criminal an opportunity to surrender, and rather than risk LEO lives and limbs, use a drone.

And the CIC has the right to use drones in another country where our enemies are living and where we can't get at them in any other way. The moral fault is on the criminal who puts others at risk by hiding amongst them.

You and those who think like you are nothing more than low information mentoids.

Jake, Freewill has expressed more intellectually patriotic opinions than all of the insipid leftist bullshit I've seen YOU post.

He questions the government not just for the sake of argumentative cage rattling, but because he takes the time to think about the long term effects of freedom. Something you know nothing about, and obviously don't give a shit about.

The reason they don't arrest people in the hospital, but wait until they are released is because if they didn't wait, they would be responsible for the medical bills.

Jake, Freewill has expressed more intellectually patriotic opinions than all of the insipid leftist bullshit I've seen YOU post.

He questions the government not just for the sake of argumentative gage rattling, but because he takes the time to think about the long term effects of freedom. Something you know nothing about, and obviously don't give a shit about.

Pete, you are a reactionary dumbshit, and I will give that the reflection it deserves: none.

Reactionary nonsense from the far right will destroy this country if you folks will ever gets power, but that is as likely as you being the Easter Bunny.

Pete, you are a reactionary dumbshit, and I will give that the reflection it deserves: none.

Reactionary nonsense from the far right will destroy this country if you folks will ever gets power, but that is as likely as you being the Easter Bunny.

Go fuck yourself bed wetter, you're just another liberal tool that's been exposed as a pseudo "republican" that supports the moonbat messiah. You and your ilk have already destroyed this country, and you're desperate to make sure your opponents don't reverse that trend.

Forum List

Back