Turkey: rain prayer 'cheaper' against drought, says minister

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
We are having a drought here in California. Maybe I should have organized a prayer group instead of putting in artificial grass to save water.

Ruling out using drastic methods such as artificial rain bombs
21 February, 09:32

(ANSAmed) - ISTANBUL, FEBRUARY 21

As Western Turkey and Central Anatolia experience one of the driest winters in recent years, Waterworks Minister Veysel Eroglu has dismissed resorting to drastic methods such as artificial rain bombs, suggesting that prayers for rain are a more affordable option, as daily Hurriyet reports. "We are not considering using artificial rain bombs because this does not have a significant yield," Eroglu said, noting that the technique was tested in Istanbul at the beginning of the 1990s under former Mayor Nurettin Sozen, the predecessor to Recep Tayyip Erdogan

To continue reading, go to:

Turkey: rain prayer 'cheaper' against drought, says minister - General news - ANSAMed.it

The Turks are very strange people to me. Check out how they "wrestle". Go to 6:10 and see what happens. Does that mean you "win"? I don't get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are having a drought here in California. Maybe I should have organized a prayer group instead of putting in artificial grass to save water.

Ruling out using drastic methods such as artificial rain bombs
21 February, 09:32

(ANSAmed) - ISTANBUL, FEBRUARY 21

As Western Turkey and Central Anatolia experience one of the driest winters in recent years, Waterworks Minister Veysel Eroglu has dismissed resorting to drastic methods such as artificial rain bombs, suggesting that prayers for rain are a more affordable option, as daily Hurriyet reports. "We are not considering using artificial rain bombs because this does not have a significant yield," Eroglu said, noting that the technique was tested in Istanbul at the beginning of the 1990s under former Mayor Nurettin Sozen, the predecessor to Recep Tayyip Erdogan

To continue reading, go to:

Turkey: rain prayer 'cheaper' against drought, says minister - General news - ANSAMed.it

presuming there is a god, he is listening and gives a d@rn
Maybe the prayers should be said to mother nature instead
:tongue:

The Turks are very strange people to me. Check out how they "wrestle". Go to 6:10 and see what happens. Does that mean you "win"? I don't get it.

[youtube]V8qRPS3x1G8[/youtube]

I'm sorry, Ekrem, but I think American audiences prefer something like this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmCpOKtN8ME]"I'm Singing in the rain", Gene Kelly - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back