Twits make their demands known

Sure, fire all the people and get all those new ones in a 3.5% unemployment rate country.

I'm sure when you subtract all the folks whose only job is to check every tweet and measure it for political sensitivity, there won't be that many left to replace.

That can be done by an algorithm, can't it?

No, algorithms, by definition, are logical.

Measuring level of offensiveness requires several years of university-level experience ...

e658e6bc-018d-4d31-9c1f-593c25b994eb_text.gif

Twitter employees have presented their list of demands to Elon Musk. Because all low level employees make demands of the new CEO.

This is something college kids do. It looks stupid. Half or more are going to get the axe.
I side with the employees in this situation. In all situations really. So does every other patriotic american. Want me to work then this is how it should be.

Twitter employees have presented their list of demands to Elon Musk. Because all low level employees make demands of the new CEO.

This is something college kids do. It looks stupid. Half or more are going to get the axe.

Did the twits actually individually sign the demand letter? If so, everyone who signed needs to get the axe.

So, their demands:

1)
We cannot do our work in an environment of constant harassment and threats. Without our work, there is no Twitter,” they wrote. “We, the workers at Twitter, will not be intimidated … We will not stop serving the public conversation.”

Translation: we still want to be able to silence conservative viewpoints.

2)
We demand leadership to respect the platform and the workers who maintain it by committing to preserving the current headcount.”

Translation: we don't want you to reduce the number of people who will engage in demand #1

3)
We demand that leadership does not discriminate against workers on the basis of their race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or political beliefs. We also demand safety for workers on visas, who will be forced to leave the country they work in if they are laid off.”

Ok, I'll agree with all of this, but I find the part I've bolded to be comical. "Don't treat us differently because of OUR political beliefs, even though we treated other people differently because of their...political.....beliefs...

4)
We demand transparent, prompt and thoughtful communication around our working conditions. We demand to be treated with dignity, and to not be treated as mere pawns in a game played by billionaires.”

Translation: even though we silenced many viewpoints we don't agree with, and we treated other as pawns in a game, WE demand that you don't do that to us!.

The irony here is thick. Their list of demands are basically the protections for themselves, against the things they were doing to others.

Forum List

Back