Twitter sued by feminist blogger blocked over 'men aren't women' tweet: lawsuit

Why do so many people think Twitter owes them a platform?

It’s kind of a different world now with social media. I agree, twitter belongs to that twitter guy. Twitter is like his house, if he don’t want to hear what you say in his house he can rightfully ask you to leave and say your stuff some place else, BUT, twitter and all these other chat spots are much more then what they used to be. Hell, lol at the impact social media had on our last two presidential elections.

We can all thank the great JT for popping the Twitter cherry when it comes to lawsuits...
California Judge Rules Twitter CAN Be Sued for Falsely Advertising Free Speech - American Renaissance
Yes Twitter can be sued. But will the plaintiffs win...?

I think Murphy's suit might actually have some merit. She's claiming specifically that they violated their own Terms of Service, and made promises publicly to their customers as to how they would operate and then reneged on them. She also claims that they misrepresented themselves in order to get customers. If she can prove it, then she has a legitimate case for fraud, possibly breach of contract.

It's starting, folks. Twitter is being sued by its users for its biased enforcement policy. It can't come soon enough. It will be driven into bankruptcy by the flood of lawsuits that's coming.

Conservatives love the free market and limited government......

Until you don't.........

They want to be protected from legal responsibility of their content by saying they are not a "publisher", and then they compound that by claiming to be an open forum that does not included conservative political views as a violation of the terms of service. That they get them to be using other violations (threats, harrassment, etc) but only do so to one side of the spectrum is seen as an end around.
they're one or the other. at this point the say they're one and take those "protections" and then act like the other.

It's starting, folks. Twitter is being sued by its users for its biased enforcement policy. It can't come soon enough. It will be driven into bankruptcy by the flood of lawsuits that's coming.

Until you don't.........

Free markets and limited government are irrelevant to the issue of fraud, which is basically what Murphy is suing Twitter for.

Leftists love to pretend that supporting free markets and limited government requires people to be anarchists.

I don’t have to serve you a wedding cake b/c reasons, but you have to host me on your social media b/c I am special. It’s amazing how many people switch their positions when it’s their ox being gored.

"Look at my terrific argument based on the premise that the lawsuit is about something it's not, because I was too busy rushing in to spout my opinion to actually learn the facts first."

They want to be protected from legal responsibility of their content by saying they are not a "publisher", and then they compound that by claiming to be an open forum that does not included conservative political views as a violation of the terms of service. That they get them to be using other violations (threats, harrassment, etc) but only do so to one side of the spectrum is seen as an end around.

Free markets and limited government are irrelevant to the issue of fraud, which is basically what Murphy is suing Twitter for.

Leftists love to pretend that supporting free markets and limited government requires people to be anarchists.

Nothing is stopping someone from coming up with a conservative alternative to Twitter that is more "fair and balanced" like Fox News as an alternative to the MSM.

Nothing is stopping someone from coming up with a conservative alternative to Twitter that is more "fair and balanced" like Fox News as an alternative to the MSM.
no one was stopping companies from making browsers in the 90s either but each company demanded to be on MS's desktop due to unfair advantage. hell, MS had to sell versions of windows that pretty much had nothing in them just so the consumer would then need to go look for what they wanted and explore other options. this was *needed* i suppose because people are lazy and will use what's available.

when you get that big, you're going to be a target and that's all there is to it. you can whine about the basic american dream still there and hey, i'd not disagree. i thought it was stupid then and i think the attacks on twitter are stupid now. the only thing more stupid than the attacks are twitter censoring a side and bringing on unnecessary heat to their cash cow.

Why do so many people think Twitter owes them a platform?
for the same reason every other person thinks they are owed something. dude, too funny!!!

Why do you think someone deserves welfare? especially for doing nothing?

Yes, Gab is trying to be an alternative, but even then progressives will try to deplatform via going after any sites that would associate with them.

Nothing is also stopping twitter from not lying and just coming out and saying they don't want non-progressive views on their sites, and changing their TOS to match that.

Well, thank your for your permission, but that is still irrelevant to the fact that supporting free markets has nothing to do with prosecuting fraud.

Until you don't.........
Suing douchebags is perfectly compatible with the free market. How do you believe people are supposed to settle their disputes?

We can all thank the great JT for popping the Twitter cherry when it comes to lawsuits...
California Judge Rules Twitter CAN Be Sued for Falsely Advertising Free Speech - American Renaissance
Yes Twitter can be sued. But will the plaintiffs win...?

I think Murphy's suit might actually have some merit. She's claiming specifically that they violated their own Terms of Service, and made promises publicly to their customers as to how they would operate and then reneged on them. She also claims that they misrepresented themselves in order to get customers. If she can prove it, then she has a legitimate case for fraud, possibly breach of contract.
Yep, and so does every conservative censored by Twitter.

The allows customers to sue Twitter for fraud. Sucks to be Twitter, doesn't it?

Forum List

Back