🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Twitter yet to ban Alex Jones

Some Guy

Deregulated User
Jan 19, 2010
Just figured i'd point that out. Dorsey said that he hasn't violated anything in the TOS, so there's no reason to ban him, and they won't cave to public pressure in favor of pushing their own opinions.

Twitter is still obviously left-wing and Alex Jones is nuts, but good on Jack Dorsey and the twitter crew in this instance.

:clap2:

Just figured i'd point that out. Dorsey said that he hasn't violated anything in the TOS, so there's no reason to ban him, and they won't cave to public pressure in favor of pushing their own opinions.

Twitter is still obviously left-wing and Alex Jones is nuts, but good on Jack Dorsey and the twitter crew in this instance.

I'm giving this one some thought (as if it mattered!). I know everything in this life has limits, except maybe love for one another, but even that can ruin a life if given without a few limits. And I despise Jones for his publications. Sandy hook parents not only lost children to senseless violence, but because of Jones, they get hate mail and in some cases even had to move for fear of more violence. I don't see how anyone can defend the man and/or his rhetoric. But what hurts most (yes, hurts) is that enough Americans actually believe and act on this vile man's words so far as to threaten life. It makes 1A hard to support in this case.

OTOH, where will this kind of restriction lead in years to come? Who ever thought, for example, that money would be considered free speech? If we squelch Jones, who is next? Where will an expansion of this restriction lead us?

Seems like the best solution is to ignore the false prophet, but that's not possible given the following he has. He's gotten rich providing excuses for people who need to feel like victims in order to respect themselves. Somebody else to blame for their inadequacies. He hands them a convenient villain.

he knows he is not a publishing company and knows his business is hiding behind the communications decency act section 230 that gives them safe harbor from getting sued acting as a platform and not a publisher. They are not a magazine however, if they wish to call themselves that, then they are liable for defamation of character. So the next step for the conservatives is to sue them based on them censoring material as a publisher which they are not licensed under. oops. They offer and advertise open to everybody. uh oh jethro.

Alex Jones is a birther, just like Trump. Alex Jones is a truther. Alex Jones claims the Sandy Hook shooting was a hoax. Alex Jones claims the Boston marathon bombing was a false flag. Alex Jones claims Hillary Clinton ran a child prostitution ring out of a pizza parlor. Alex Jones claims NASA has built a child slave colony on Mars for the purposes of harvesting their blood and bone marrow.

Donald Trump went on Alex Jones' show and said Jones had an amazing reputation. As President, Trump gave Infowars a temporary press pass.

AND THEN TRUMP WHINES ABOUT "FAKE NEWS"!!!!

Give me a fucking break!

Alex Jones is a birther, just like Trump. Alex Jones is a truther. Alex Jones claims the Sandy Hook shooting was a hoax. Alex Jones claims the Boston marathon bombing was a false flag. Alex Jones claims Hillary Clinton ran a child prostitution ring out of a pizza parlor. Alex Jones claims NASA has built a child slave colony on Mars for the purposes of harvesting their blood and bone marrow.

Donald Trump went on Alex Jones' show and said Jones had an amazing reputation. As President, Trump gave Infowars a temporary press pass.

Give me a fucking break!
I completely agree, they should both be shunned by all. But especially at this time when we are awash in chaos we should be temperate in our laws. Jones and Trump, as well as you and me, will be gone all too soon, but the law stays on for time to come. So we have to think carefully...how can we squelch this acrimonious asshole while preserving 1A in purity.

They aren't standing on principle they are hiding from the public outrage. If this wasn't a public firestorm he would be gone from there as well.

Fuck them

Give me a fucking break!
I completely agree, they should both be shunned by all. But especially at this time when we are awash in chaos we should be temperate in our laws. Jones and Trump, as well as you and me, will be gone all too soon, but the law stays on for time to come. So we have to think carefully...how can we squelch this acrimonious asshole while preserving 1A in purity.
why do you need to squelch anyone? are you a wittle fraidie cat? LOL :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::ack-1:

They aren't standing on principle they are hiding from the public outrage. If this wasn't a public firestorm he would be gone from there as well.

Fuck them
I listened to two lawyers last night and these fks are in for a world of legal battles if they don't resind their orders. At least the twitter tool knows better. And the suit will be about their status as a publishing company or a social network for all to use. FOR ALL TO USE. Once they start banning, they are liable to publishing laws and that can end up as slander allegations and oops. just watch, this is gonna get interesting in the next month.

As I already posted:

hiding behind the communications decency act section 230 that gives them safe harbor from getting sued acting as a platform and not a publisher.

“Twitter is left wing”
Lol
Who told you that?
Alex Jones?

Give me a fucking break!
why do you need to squelch anyone? are you a wittle fraidie cat? LOL :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::ack-1:
Yes I am. Why aren't you?

Give me a fucking break!
Yes I am. Why aren't you?
what's the wittle guy afwaid of? the inability to articulate a statement? find evidence, show facts? whats wong?

Fuck them
Your explanation doesn't wash. Assuming you think Twitter is pretty left-wing and would love to ban Alex Jones, now (last couple days anyway) would be the perfect time to do it. They could take some cover in the crowd, spreading the heat around among Apple, Facebook and others. If they do it down the road without a very good cause, they'll have to take some heat in isolation.

They still have an inconsistent suspension policy regarding people who are more on the right vs. the left, but they still deserve some props for not baselessly attacking someone they don't agree with in Jones.

“Twitter is left wing”
Lol
Who told you that?
Alex Jones?
All you have to do is look at their suspension and banning policy to easily derive it.

Fuck them
Your explanation doesn't wash. Assuming you think Twitter is pretty left-wing and would love to ban Alex Jones, now (last couple days anyway) would be the perfect time to do it. They could take some cover in the crowd, spreading the heat around among Apple, Facebook and others. If they do it down the road without a very good cause, they'll have to take some heat in isolation.

They still have an inconsistent suspension policy regarding people who are more on the right vs. the left, but they still deserve some props for not baselessly attacking someone they don't agree with in Jones.
Complete naive bullshit. Facebook has TANKED since the Diamond & Silk controversy started. Twitter is not dumb enough to jump into that mix of heated hostility and HOPE that being one of three gives them cover.

THINK

Maybe if they ban him, trump will quit Twitter in protest. :71:

Fuck them

I don't think that's true. Twitter has been consistently walking into the fire in their crackdown against Russian bots, much to the public outcry of Donald cultists. And they've often received criticism for giving a pass to Donald and others who similarly spew hateful rhetoric. I agree that it's probably not anything idealistic that stays their hand. They just give a wide berth to large accounts with lots of followers, because it benefits their user stats to let them stay in place.

Twitter is not left wing.

Alex Jones and his followers believe vile lies.

“Twitter is left wing”
Lol
Who told you that?
Alex Jones?
All you have to do is look at their suspension and banning policy to easily derive it.
Nonsense.

Have you actually read the TOS – if so you wouldn’t make such a ridiculous inference.

Forum List

Back