Two choices for dog treats: Made in China or Made in USA, I supported my brothers and sisters down south...

Taking the time to read the backs of packages, this was 50 cents more for trustworthy treats, an easy decision. Time to do my part. Communism in itself is bad enough, their government is a special breed of a threat even by classical communist standards.

I hope you guys will do the same for us when you have to choose maple syrup next time. Unfortunately we've lost all of our hockey stick manufacturers to you can guess which country.

I would never buy dog treats from China.

But you guys have awesome maple syrup!
BUY dog treats ??? You people are screwed. A lil whole wheat flour, egg, coconut oil and hard smoked cheese, grated.Cost ? I dunno. How much is 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour ? I buy 50 lb bags for the freezer so never did the math.Cheese is a dollar. Eggs are free. Gas is from my milk barn
View attachment 334414

I make my own treats too - it's easy, and often better than what I can buy :). I miss the days when I had access to deer meat - I would use some of it for dog treats :(

Ever since plastic and anti freeze in Chinese dog food was killing dogs I read labels and only buy what is made in the US.

I don't make my own because home made isn't nutritionally complete unless you add bone meal and other things. Home made dog food is okay once in a while.

Ever since plastic and anti freeze in Chinese dog food was killing dogs I read labels and only buy what is made in the US.

I don't make my own because home made isn't nutritionally complete unless you add bone meal and other things. Home made dog food is okay once in a while.
You've been lied to. I feed menudos(chicken necks, livers, gizzards), broken rice from the mill,carrots, green bean, mirleton squash and a raw egg . If I kill a cow I do the same thing with cow parts and get a couple months worth. I DO boil some fish when I clean them but, apparently, it isn't a need.They like it though.Avocado is too.(Iknow,Iknow-another lie) Raw bones are a regular.They bury them until they get nasty ? I get 12-14 years out of molosser breeds. I give some blackberries, mango and bananas as a treat once in while. It's like draino for dogs o_O
This is a basic diet nearly all the locals feed dogs.An old vet turned me on some 20 years ago. He raises Australian shepherds and Pyrenees.
It sounds like a pain but 7 kilos of menudos is about $6(2 weeks worth), the rice is $8 for 50 lbs...It also goes in my chicken feed, and the rest of the crap I grow.

Forum List

Back