Two Country Music unknowns die this week, These come in 3's. Post the last winner here.

Don Williams was the low hanging fruit guy. Like country elevator music.

Next let's say Garth Brooks.

Walter Becker, one of the founders of Steely Dan died Sunday......there is the trifecta. I hate to lose good musicians. All three were good with incredible talent.

Don Williams unknown? Wow.

Montgomery Gentry unknown? Wow.

YEP! Sorry.

Please post a national top 100. Okay, a top 500.
Don Williams - Wikipedia
Don Williams - Wikipedia
Only four of his 46 singles didn't make it to the Top Ten. "I Believe in You" is a 1980 single written by Roger Cook and Sam Hogin and recorded by Don Williams. "I Believe in You" would be Don Williams' eleventh #1 on the country chart. The single stayed at #1 for two weeks and spent 12 weeks on the country chart.

Don Williams was the low hanging fruit guy. Like country elevator music.

Next let's say Garth Brooks.

Garth Brooks was a huge supporter of the Barrypuppet....didn't you know that?

Open mouth, insert foot.......should be easy since you have tiny feet......(snicker)

Regardless of politics, Garth Brooks made Country Music 'cool' in his earlier days..........then he got a little big for his britches, left his wife for Trisha Yearwood (also a country great in her own right), but was the 'beginning of the end' for him. IMO

Since everyone else included Don Williams, here's to Montgomery Gentry........:thup:

This is literally my town...27 churches, one bar...the plant closed in 2005, but the city sirens still blare at 7am, 12pm, 1pm, and 5pm every day. Small town American anthem...

Now ya see.....the difference from the North & the South.........

Here in the PNW, no matter the size of the town there is always a bar or tavern....but not necessarily a church. Yet in the South it's the opposite. There is always atleast 1 church, but not always a bar.

Last edited:
Don Williams, Country Music’s ‘Gentle Giant,’ Dies At 78.
Don Williams, Country Music's 'Gentle Giant,' Dies At 78 | HuffPost
Troy Gentry, 50, dies in New Jersey helicopter crash!
Troy Gentry, 50, dies in New Jersey helicopter crash

:disbelief::eusa_think: Who will be the next winner?

btw..

Really these are just bad so-called tunes, by some who follow ordure music.

And even worse, this BS killing song,

Uuummmm, more insight into........ you. Not very flattering is it.........

Take a guess at #3!
We will all die. Just the facts.
As there is no godly status we can achieve.
As I said, there are no WEAK gods.
And NO omnipotent, godlike beings.
Please keep up.

Yet you continue to believe you are.......... :lmao:

Don Williams unknown? Wow.

Montgomery Gentry unknown? Wow.

YEP! Sorry.

Please post a national top 100. Okay, a top 500.

Just because YOU haven't heard of them, young pup.......doesn't mean they are 'unknown'

Have you ever heard of Patsy Cline? Hank Williams SR? Tammy Wynette? Loretta Lynn? Tennessee Ernie Ford? Charley Pride? Marty Robbins? to only name a few..

Montgomery Gentry really hasn't been on the scene long enough to become a country great, but they were good.
They may not be a country great yet, but they are close because their first song named "Hillbilly Shoes" has been on the radio for 18 years now. Eddie and Troy are also members of the Grand Ole Opry.

Not to alarm anyone who is a fan of her, but pray that Jo Dee Messina does not follow Don and Troy, She was recently diagnosed with cancer.

God bless you and her and Eddie and Troy's family always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back