Two Young-"conservatives"; Lost!

Mr. Shaman

May 4, 2010
February 7, 2013

Granddaughters BAIL!!!!!

"Two granddaughters of Westboro Baptist Church firebrand Fred Phelps have split with the Topeka-based congregation, indicating their views have evolved and they now regret the pain they have caused others.

One of them, 27-year-old Megan Phelps-Roper, had been a highly visible member of the church who spoke to media outlets and spread its message via Twitter.

She and a younger sister, Grace Phelps-Roper, in November left the congregation known for its anti-gay stance and for picketing funerals of fallen soldiers and others.

“We ripped the Band-Aid off,” Megan wrote in a text Wednesday to The Star.

A statement signed by both sisters and posted on social media Wednesday said the two were trying to figure out their future.

“We know that we’ve done and said things that hurt people,” the statement said. “Inflicting pain on others wasn’t the goal, but it was one of the outcomes. We wish it weren’t so and regret that hurt.”

Steve Drain, a spokesman for the church, said in an interview Wednesday that the sisters had rejected the Lord."

:clap2:

that so-called congregation has nothing to do with conservatives or liberals. Seriously, quit the asinine titles.

Good for them,and those nuts have nothing to do with rational conservative,or liberals or any other sane person.

February 7, 2013

Granddaughters BAIL!!!!!

"Two granddaughters of Westboro Baptist Church firebrand Fred Phelps have split with the Topeka-based congregation, indicating their views have evolved and they now regret the pain they have caused others.

One of them, 27-year-old Megan Phelps-Roper, had been a highly visible member of the church who spoke to media outlets and spread its message via Twitter.

She and a younger sister, Grace Phelps-Roper, in November left the congregation known for its anti-gay stance and for picketing funerals of fallen soldiers and others.

A statement signed by both sisters and posted on social media Wednesday said the two were trying to figure out their future.

“We know that we’ve done and said things that hurt people,” the statement said. “Inflicting pain on others wasn’t the goal, but it was one of the outcomes. We wish it weren’t so and regret that hurt.”

Steve Drain, a spokesman for the church, said in an interview Wednesday that the sisters had rejected the Lord."

What an ignorant post. The idea that the Westboro Baptist Church represents Conservatives is astoundingly ridiculous. Your posts never seem to work on a rational level... Nothing new here.

that so-called congregation has nothing to do with conservatives or liberals. Seriously, quit the asinine titles.
Ya' got some kind o' problem with Gawd Fearin' Khristians, huh???

SHAME on you!!

February 7, 2013

Granddaughters BAIL!!!!!

What an ignorant post. The idea that the Westboro Baptist Church represents Conservatives is astoundingly ridiculous. Your posts never seem to work on a rational level... Nothing new here.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....let's seeeeeee.....

NOPE!!! No references to Conservatives!!!

FAIL!!!!!!

244.gif

Ah, yes.....I wouldn't want to upset the balance o' things, here, with an asinine title!!

handjob.gif

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....let's seeeeeee.....

NOPE!!! No references to Conservatives!!!

FAIL!!!!!!

244.gif

wow, must be having brain freeze there, look at your title. Second time I've had to help ya out today.

We all know WBC is not politically liberal or conservative, just wackadoo.

But he did put "conservative" in quotes in the title.
Or didn't anyone notice?

Note: fred phelps is a Democrat and has CAMPAIGNED for Al Gore.

Shaman fails in all respects. As usual.

Never heard that before, but the title doesn't say "two young Republicans" -- it says "two young conservatives". So you're apples-and-oranging here.

Not the point anyway.

Negged for being a lying asshole.

Let me tell everyone what I said to you...

GuyPinestra said:
Damn Shaman, "conservatives"? What makes you think WBC represents conservatives? It was conservatives that BLOCKED WBC from protesting at soldiers funerals, dolt.

GuyPinestra said:
Damn Shaman, "conservatives"? What makes you think WBC represents conservatives? It was conservatives that BLOCKED WBC from protesting at soldiers funerals, dolt.

You negged him instead of airing it out here? Didn't even want to make the attempt?

Look I agree that baiting the title with the word "conservatives" is way overheating it. The WBC is about hate, not politics, and real conservatism isn't about hating anybody.

But a page full of bickering about what political philosophy or what political party a bunch of insular crackpots follow, when they're not known for any political philosophy at all, is really a self-indulgent exercise in taking our eye off the ball, which is the defection of these two young adults from the hate ranch. We should celebrate and support them in that move. It can't be easy for these girls turning their backs on everything they've known all their lives.

Last edited:

GuyPinestra said:

You negged him instead of airing it out here? Didn't even want to make the attempt?

Look I agree that baiting the title with the word "conservatives" is way overheating it. The WBC is about hate, not politics, and real conservatism isn't about hating anybody.

But a page full of bickering about what political philosophy or what political party a bunch of insular crackpots follow, when they're not known for any political philosophy at all, is really a self-indulgent exercise in taking our eye off the ball, which is these the defection of these two young adults from the hate ranch. We should celebrate and support them in that move. It can't be easy for these girls turning their backs on everything they've known all their lives.

I seldom neg anyone, but when I do I'm not bashful about it. IMHO, he deserved it. He is the one trying to make it 'political', and airing it out here is happening now.

I'm encouraged that these two young women have 'come out of the wilderness', and I wholeheartedly applaud it.

Forum List

Back