U.S. Citizens Say They Were Detained By Border Patrol Agent For ‘Speaking Spanish’

Libbies dont much like the law. They find it the gravest affront when law enforcement seeks to determine if anything is amiss. They are selfish, putting their own feelings above the facts of society’s general well being

Libbies dont much like the law. They find it the gravest affront when law enforcement seeks to determine if anything is amiss. They are selfish, putting their own feelings above the facts of society’s general well being

You're not wrong.

I'm still not saying I necessarily agree with the officer's behavior, and I think it's a good thing that the Border Patrol is looking into it. I'm just saying this whole "outrageous Constitutional crisis" horseshit is a massive overreaction.

You're not wrong.

I'm still not saying I necessarily agree with the officer's behavior, and I think it's a good thing that the Border Patrol is looking into it. I'm just saying this whole "outrageous Constitutional crisis" horseshit is a massive overreaction.
Massive overreaction is a liberal starting point on most issues
Emotion over intellect is an identified core of all addictions. Liberals often behave as if they are mandated and obsessed to proceed down this road, just like an addict

No it's you regressives that claim a law enforcement officer doing his job, in a professional manner, is somehow doing something wrong. He asked for ID, verified the ID was genuine and sent them on their way. Many illegals are using stolen IDs. Also when are you regressives going to learn that Mexican isn't a race, it's a nationality. Did you notice the one woman couldn't even pronounce "profiling" correctly?

Which he is not allowed to do. Speaking Spanish is not a crime. HE had no right to ask for a ID.

Actually he did, they were within a border control zone. Border Patrol can question anyone within them.

View attachment 194794

It's been upheld by the Supreme Court. Did you not read the town is close to the Canadian border?

Amendment

So what. Does that mean NY can suspend the 2nd Amendment. It is close to the border. there was no cause to stop these women.

Funny how stupid people make stupid statements even after being presented the facts. Get back to me after you finished your border patrol training.

You seem to believe in Constitution free zones. I don't need to learn how to be a jack booted thug.

Do you fly? Airports are truly Constitution free zones. But that's different, right?

Which he is not allowed to do. Speaking Spanish is not a crime. HE had no right to ask for a ID.

Actually he did, they were within a border control zone. Border Patrol can question anyone within them.

View attachment 194794

It's been upheld by the Supreme Court. Did you not read the town is close to the Canadian border?

Amendment

So what. Does that mean NY can suspend the 2nd Amendment. It is close to the border. there was no cause to stop these women.

Funny how stupid people make stupid statements even after being presented the facts. Get back to me after you finished your border patrol training.

You seem to believe in Constitution free zones. I don't need to learn how to be a jack booted thug.

Do you fly? Airports are truly Constitution free zones. But that's different, right?

Not a lot of illegals, criminals and scumbags in airports so no drum to bang for libbies

View attachment 194794

Amendment

True. Just TRY asking a TSA agent what his probable cause is for demanding that you take off your shoes and run them through the scanner. Those assholes have NO sense of humor.

U.S. Citizens Say They Were Detained By Border Patrol Agent For ‘Speaking Spanish’

Two U.S. citizens said they were detained last week by a Border Patrol agent in Montana after he overheard them speaking Spanish to each other in a convenience store.

Ana Suda and Mimi Hernandez said they’d popped into the store in Havre, a small town near the border with Canada, early Wednesday morning when they were approached by a uniformed Border Patrol agent, KRTV reported.

The two women, who are Mexican American, had been chatting in Spanish while waiting in line to pay for eggs and milk when ― to their incredulity ― the agent asked them for their IDs.

Suda told MTN News that even after seeing their IDs, the agent did not let them leave the parking lot for about 35 minutes.

AWESOME!
Give that border agent a bonus.
There’s a President with balls running shit now and he wants illegal wetbacks gone...the good states like Montana that haven’t been taken by wetbacks are behind him 100% on it. Border agents can act on reasonable suspicion and when one is in the U.S. and speaking wetback we have the right to question citizenship status. Easy fix though...SPEAK FUCKING ENGLISH!

Two U.S. citizens said they were detained last week by a Border Patrol agent in Montana after he overheard them speaking Spanish to each other in a convenience store.

Ana Suda and Mimi Hernandez said they’d popped into the store in Havre, a small town near the border with Canada, early Wednesday morning when they were approached by a uniformed Border Patrol agent, KRTV reported.

The two women, who are Mexican American, had been chatting in Spanish while waiting in line to pay for eggs and milk when ― to their incredulity ― the agent asked them for their IDs.

Suda told MTN News that even after seeing their IDs, the agent did not let them leave the parking lot for about 35 minutes.

Wow, a whole 35 minutes. Good thing they didn't go through an airport, that would have been 45 minutes standing in line.
So...it is totally acceptable to detain American citizens going about their business because they speak Spanish. Just wanted to confirm the new "American" standards. Gotcha! :113:

Wow, a whole 35 minutes. Good thing they didn't go through an airport, that would have been 45 minutes standing in line.
That’s not the point, dipshit. Two US citizens were racially profiled and detained for speaking Spanish after providing proof af citizenship. And this happened in the United States at a store in Montana.

Do you rinse after licking boots, or do you enjoy the taste?

Yet you decide to highlight the whole 35 minutes spent in the parking lot...dumbass.
Yet you decide to excuse two US citizens being detained for speaking Spanish. Even after providing proof of citizenship. You stupid, boot-licking piece of shit
There is nothing wrong with checking. There are literally MILLIONS of illegals in our country. We have to be vigilant if we want to get rid of them.

Yes, we should get used to showing our papers just like they do in those bastions of freedom like Russia and the old East Germany.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

It’s time to get aggressive..stop being such pussies. Good people are fed-up with funding illegal wetbacks and their litters of money trees.
How else do you eradicate 12 million human cockroaches?
It’s time to stop and identify.

So...it is totally acceptable to detain American citizens going about their business because they speak Spanish. Just wanted to confirm the new "American" standards. Gotcha! :113:

That’s not the point, dipshit. Two US citizens were racially profiled and detained for speaking Spanish after providing proof af citizenship. And this happened in the United States at a store in Montana.

Do you rinse after licking boots, or do you enjoy the taste?

Yet you decide to highlight the whole 35 minutes spent in the parking lot...dumbass.
Yet you decide to excuse two US citizens being detained for speaking Spanish. Even after providing proof of citizenship. You stupid, boot-licking piece of shit
There is nothing wrong with checking. There are literally MILLIONS of illegals in our country. We have to be vigilant if we want to get rid of them.

Yes, we should get used to showing our papers just like they do in those bastions of freedom like Russia and the old East Germany.

It’s time to get aggressive..stop being such pussies. Good people are fed-up with funding illegal wetbacks and their litters of money trees.

Damn dude, you were born about 100 years too late, you would have made one hell of a Nazi! They liked to stop and ask people for their papers all the time as well.

When you take a dump, do you wipe your ass with copies of the constitution?

View attachment 194794

Amendment

True. Just TRY asking a TSA agent what his probable cause is for demanding that you take off your shoes and run them through the scanner. Those assholes have NO sense of humor.

Actually I wouldn't know, I haven't been beyond passenger pick/drop off since the TSA was installed. If I can't drive there, I don't go.

Detention for 35 seconds was unwarranted.
No, 35 seconds isnt enough time to determine if they are legal residents. I think anything up to a fews hours is appropriate.

You cannot just stop people on the street and ask for their papers. They broke no laws.

Really? Show me the law that says a Border Patrol officer can't initiate a conversation and make a polite request for ID (and no, calling a driver's license "your papers" does not make it sound ominous, it just makes you sound like a moron), or that those women didn't have every right to politely decline.

A uniformed officer comes up to you and asks for a ID. You are the one who sounds like a moron and jack booted thug to boot. They broke no law and the officer in question did not say they did not have to give up their ID.

I don't have a guilty conscience, nor am I a trantrum-throwing drama queen, so law enforcement officers hold no fear for me. Neither does conversing with them, or politely asserting my rights (largely because, unlike you, I actually know what they are). They're human beings, not ogres. Get a grip.

Furthermore, OF COURSE he didn't tell them they didn't have to give him their ID. He's not their lawyer; it's not his job to give them legal advice on their rights. If the fucking rights are so g*damn important to them, the way they and you and every other hyperemotional snowflake around here keeps screeching, shouldn't they - and you - at least take the trouble to KNOW them?

Law enforcement pretty much counts on criminals, and people in general, to be stupid. Why are you doing it?

I hold my Constitutional rights as very dear. Violating people's constitutional rights does hold fear to me because I could be the victim. Being stopped and asked for a ID is not a conversation. ICE regularly uses questionable tactics. They were recently told by a federal judge that they were liars because they falsely accused a DACA recipient of being a part of MS-13.

To Deport a Dreamer, ICE Claimed He Was “Gang-Affiliated.” A Federal Judge Ruled That ICE Was Lying.

ICE Agents Manhandle NY Farmer, Break His Phone After Warrantless Arrest

He had no right to ask them for their ID. He had no right to keep them there for 35 minutes after that.

Corrupt cops rely on stupid people like you to look the other way and make excuses. Why are you doing it?

Damn dude, you were born about 100 years too late, you would have made one hell of a Nazi! They liked to stop and ask people for their papers all the time as well.

Like all good, smart, REAL American people...I’ve realized our nation is being stolen, our people are being used and suckered by wetbacks. It’s time we take an ‘any means necessary’ approach to ridding ourselves of the thirdworld filth. Don’t be scared, your balls will eventually drop too.
Here’s a little something to enlighten your sorry nutless ass. All states with the balls to use ‘stop and identify’. You love state rights...no?
States_with_Stop_and_Identify_Laws.png

No, 35 seconds isnt enough time to determine if they are legal residents. I think anything up to a fews hours is appropriate.

You cannot just stop people on the street and ask for their papers. They broke no laws.

Really? Show me the law that says a Border Patrol officer can't initiate a conversation and make a polite request for ID (and no, calling a driver's license "your papers" does not make it sound ominous, it just makes you sound like a moron), or that those women didn't have every right to politely decline.

A uniformed officer comes up to you and asks for a ID. You are the one who sounds like a moron and jack booted thug to boot. They broke no law and the officer in question did not say they did not have to give up their ID.

I don't have a guilty conscience, nor am I a trantrum-throwing drama queen, so law enforcement officers hold no fear for me. Neither does conversing with them, or politely asserting my rights (largely because, unlike you, I actually know what they are). They're human beings, not ogres. Get a grip.

Furthermore, OF COURSE he didn't tell them they didn't have to give him their ID. He's not their lawyer; it's not his job to give them legal advice on their rights. If the fucking rights are so g*damn important to them, the way they and you and every other hyperemotional snowflake around here keeps screeching, shouldn't they - and you - at least take the trouble to KNOW them?

Law enforcement pretty much counts on criminals, and people in general, to be stupid. Why are you doing it?

I hold my Constitutional rights as very dear. Violating people's constitutional rights does hold fear to me because I could be the victim. Being stopped and asked for a ID is not a conversation. ICE regularly uses questionable tactics. They were recently told by a federal judge that they were liars because they falsely accused a DACA recipient of being a part of MS-13.

To Deport a Dreamer, ICE Claimed He Was “Gang-Affiliated.” A Federal Judge Ruled That ICE Was Lying.

He had no right to ask them for their ID. He had no right to keep them there for 35 minutes after that.

Corrupt cops rely on stupid people like you to look the other way and make excuses. Why are you doing it?

Oh come on. Because the officer believed the person was something they were not, is 'corruption'?

I don't think so. Let me guess... you are the one individual on the face of the Earth, that never once thought something about someone else, that turned out to be false?

You are the one perfect person on the planet. Got it. If only the rest of us could be at your level of perfection, we would never have any mistakes again.

Spare me, Chuckles. You wouldn't know your ACTUAL Constitutional rights if they crawled up your pants leg and bit you on the left ass cheek. What you're "holding as very dear" are your imaginings about your rights, and your inflamed sense of entitlement. You've made this abundantly clear. And it's no wonder you're going through life trembling in fear: if I was trying to sustain a fantasy of the world in contradiction to all the reality around me, I'd probably be afraid of having my bubble burst, too.

Meanwhile, back here on planet Earth, the word "conversation" carries no requirement that you like or enjoy the topic, so yes, an officer requesting your ID does qualify, however much you enjoy a good shiver about "jack-booted thugs" and ludicrously overblown descriptors.

Other than that, I see that you have opted to cravenly chicken out and signal utter surrender by resorting back to "This is reality! I say it is! No proof, it just IS!" instead of manufacturing some maturity and offering fact.

Your acknowledgement of your total defeat in this debate is noted, and you are free to go. Buh-bye, twit. :fu:

Rights are only for white people.

What rights were actually violated? I wasn't aware ANYONE had a right to never be spoken to by law enforcement.

Start with the 4th Amendment. Illegal search and seizure. The agent had no probable cause for detaining them for even 2 minutes.

Start with where having a conversation is not "detaining", and CERTAINLY isn't searching or seizing, and then explain to me what the fuck the 4th Amendment has to do with it, other than your vague notion that anything you don't like MUST be "Unconstitutional".

They did not have a conversation. Illegal search and seizure is exactly what Joe ARPAIO was found guilty of when he stopped people with no probable cause. You are the one who believes that anything you like is constitutional and anything you don't like is unconstitutional.

Oh, my holy God, WOULD you stop conflating unrelated shit and topic-hopping hither and yon, you hysterical fruitcake?!

1) They didn't have a conversation? Were you watching the same video? Three human beings communicated in words back and forth to each other. What do you call that? 'Cause in Reality Land, that'd be a conversation.

2) What the righteous fuck does Joe Arpaiohave to do with anything? Not only was Arpaio a sheriff in a whole 'nother state, on the whole other side of the country from Montana, he's also not even in office any more.

3) What does search and seizure have to do with this? Was someone searched? Was their property seized?

4) The only reasons that I believe the things I like are Constitutional are because a) I actually know the Constitution, and b) I don't think with my glands, unlike some people, so what I like actually bears some resemblance to reality.

Give producing a coherent argument another try, sweetpea, because my 9-year-old could have done better than this.

People like you believe in Constitutional rights for you and none for everyone else. You are the fruitcake. Trash like you look the other way when cops refuse to respect people's Constitutional rights.

1. A uniformed officer stopped them and asked for their ID. You seem to think they were having a coffee klatch or something. You apparently live in a alternate reality.

2. Maricopa County was sued for violation of the 4th Amendment. Joe Arpaio was doing the same thing this officer was doing. Stopping people and asking for papers for no reason.

3. The Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution protects personal privacy, and every citizen's right to be free from unreasonable government intrusion into their persons, homes, businesses, and property -- whether through police stops of citizens on the street, arrests, or searches of homes and businesses.
Search and Seizure and the Fourth Amendment - FindLaw

4. You know the Constitution but you don't know what the 4th Amendment means. I guard my Constitutional rights jealously and speaking Spanish is not a reasonable reason to stop someone.
I think you are the 9 year old sweetpea. Go ask your mother about the 4th Amendment.

They said they were detained? Well, then it must be true the. On the other hand, OMG, my maid said her hairdresser's sister heard that several Mexicans walked into the United States in front of California Troopers, and they gave them a ride into town. What is the world coming to?

Rights are only for white people.

What rights were actually violated? I wasn't aware ANYONE had a right to never be spoken to by law enforcement.

Start with the 4th Amendment. Illegal search and seizure. The agent had no probable cause for detaining them for even 2 minutes.

Start with where having a conversation is not "detaining", and CERTAINLY isn't searching or seizing, and then explain to me what the fuck the 4th Amendment has to do with it, other than your vague notion that anything you don't like MUST be "Unconstitutional".

They did not have a conversation. Illegal search and seizure is exactly what Joe ARPAIO was found guilty of when he stopped people with no probable cause. You are the one who believes that anything you like is constitutional and anything you don't like is unconstitutional.

Actually he was found guilty of contempt of court.

Taxpayers have forked over nearly $56 million since 2007 to pay Maricopa County's costs in the ongoing racial-profiling lawsuit against former Sheriff Joe Arpaio, the latest county totals show.

Joe Arpaio racial-profiling lawsuit costs Maricopa County another $400K

Like all good, smart, REAL American people...I’ve realized our nation is being stolen, our people are being used and suckered by wetbacks. It’s time we take an ‘any means necessary’ approach to ridding ourselves of the thirdworld filth. Don’t be scared, your balls will eventually drop too.
Here’s a little something to enlighten your sorry nutless ass. All states with the balls to use ‘stop and identify’. You love state rights...no?
States_with_Stop_and_Identify_Laws.png

This map is more fitting for you...
Map_7.1_Nazi_Germany_1933_39.jpg

You have to love someone that wants to throw away our constitution so he can feel safe talking about balls. If you had a pair you would not be willing to give away your liberty for some false sense of security.

They said they were detained? Well, then it must be true the. On the other hand, OMG, my maid said her hairdresser's sister heard that several Mexicans walked into the United States in front of California Troopers, and they gave them a ride into town. What is the world coming to?

Nobody, including ICE, is disputing their story. But why am I not shocked you fall on the side of a police state vice one of liberty.

Oh come on. Because the officer believed the person was something they were not, is 'corruption'?

I don't think so. Let me guess... you are the one individual on the face of the Earth, that never once thought something about someone else, that turned out to be false?

You are the one perfect person on the planet. Got it. If only the rest of us could be at your level of perfection, we would never have any mistakes again.

Because the officer had no right to stop them. Speaking Spanish is no justification and not against the law anywhere in this country. You don't have to be a lawyer to know that.

Forum List

Back