U.S. deploys B-52 bombers to Qatar for fight against Islamic State

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
Doucheland
The B-52 are ordered to only use precision ammunition. Aren´t other planes not more suitable for this tasks and is this more a prestige than a military mission?

(Air Force Lieutenant General) "Brown said the bombers would be able to deliver precision weapons and carry out a range of missions, including strategic attack, close-air support, air interdiction, and maritime operations.
Karns said the bombers would enable U.S. forces to drop one or two munitions in an area, rather than use carpet bombing.
“Accuracy is critically important in this war,” he said. “Carpet-bombing would not be effective for the operation we’re in because Daesh doesn’t mass as large groups. Often, they blend into population centers. We always look to minimize civilian casualties.”"

The B-52 are ordered to only use precision ammunition. Aren´t other planes not more suitable for this tasks and is this more a prestige than a military mission?

(Air Force Lieutenant General) "Brown said the bombers would be able to deliver precision weapons and carry out a range of missions, including strategic attack, close-air support, air interdiction, and maritime operations.
Karns said the bombers would enable U.S. forces to drop one or two munitions in an area, rather than use carpet bombing.
“Accuracy is critically important in this war,” he said. “Carpet-bombing would not be effective for the operation we’re in because Daesh doesn’t mass as large groups. Often, they blend into population centers. We always look to minimize civilian casualties.”"

How much is the cost of such a demonstration?

Oh so sorry we didn't send a more preferable bomber over there for you and that you don't know a single thing about our Air Force.

Honestly, I would prefer we send nothing at all and let you little monsters deal with things on your own.

Oh so sorry we didn't send a more preferable bomber over there for you and that you don't know a single thing about our Air Force.

Honestly, I would prefer we send nothing at all and let you little monsters deal with things on your own.
I think, your airforce is a joke. Obama ruined it. OV-10 in Syria, B-52 in Qatar. LOL, TheOldSchool. Maybe, all the military billions are currently used to vet your economy. Not that wrong, but terrorist groups aren´t better than air raids, though. Why don´t you stop aggressions?

I think, your airforce is a joke. Obama ruined it. OV-10 in Syria, B-52 in Qatar. LOL, TheOldSchool. Maybe, all the military billions are currently used to vet your economy. Not that wrong, but terrorist groups aren´t better than air raids, though. Why don´t you stop aggressions?
When your enemy is penniless bedouins running around in the desert doing more to kill each other than to attack you, you don't really need the best technology.

The B-52 btw, is very modern, and meant to operate for several more decades. You think they use the same technology as 50 years ago? Actually, since you don't know shit about our military, you probably think they do.

And regardless next time your people are begging for the U.S. to bail their asses out, remember beggars can't be choosers.

How could you assume that? You never have read military books or played simulation war games on the pc?

One of the best ones was Harpoon in the 1980s.

When your enemy is penniless bedouins running around in the desert doing more to kill each other than to attack you, you don't really need the best technology.

The B-52 btw, is very modern, and meant to operate for several more decades. You think they use the same technology as 50 years ago? Actually, since you don't know shit about our military, you probably think they do.

And regardless next time your people are begging for the U.S. to bail their asses out, remember beggars can't be choosers.

B52s seriously against a few guys running around the desert?

Dude use some common sense will you? He'll a small moving prop plane for the nam era would be a better pick.

Btw didn't you guys bitch about over kill when we were after Bin ladden and using B52s to blow the crap out of Afghanistan?

The B-1 has been taken out of the fight and returned to the states to completed updates that have been scheduled for years.It had been a major workhorse in the campaign. Like the B-1, the B-52 is able to carry a vast array and variety of ordinance suitable for specific missions. Both the B-1 and B-52 are able to stay in an area for a long duration and allow for targets of opportunity to be selected and responded to with the appropriate ordinance.

I do not understand.
In fact it is a demonstration of NATO? If NATO, each member country pays the costs?

Dude use some common sense will you? He'll a small moving prop plane for the nam era would be a better pick.

Btw didn't you guys bitch about over kill when we were after Bin ladden and using B52s to blow the crap out of Afghanistan?
I bitch when the U.S. has ANYTHING to do with the middle east hellhole. I want us out of there.

But I do get annoyed when some arrogant foreigner comes on here and demands that the U.S. do more for him. Especially if he regularly comes on here to badmouth the U.S.

I bitch when the U.S. has ANYTHING to do with the middle east hellhole. I want us out of there.

But I do get annoyed when some arrogant foreigner comes on here and demands that the U.S. do more for him. Especially if he regularly comes on here to badmouth the U.S.

Me speaking of the computer game harpoon, I have an itching to buy it and play it again..It was a great simulator./strategy war game like original Axis and allies it took hours to play.

Harpoon (video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the late 1970s, a manual wargamecalled SEATAG was introduced by theUSN for exploring tactical options. It was available in both classified and unclassified versions. SEATAG was developed into a true tactical training game called NAVTAG that ran on threenetworked microcomputers for the Red Side, Blue Side, and Game Control.

Former Naval officer and future authorLarry Bond's exposure to this system in 1980 while on active duty led to the eventual development of Harpoon

Me speaking of the computer game harpoon, I have an itching to buy it and play it again..It was a great simulator./strategy war game like original Axis and allies it took hours to play.

In the late 1970s, a manual wargamecalled SEATAG was introduced by theUSN for exploring tactical options. It was available in both classified and unclassified versions. SEATAG was developed into a true tactical training game called NAVTAG that ran on threenetworked microcomputers for the Red Side, Blue Side, and Game Control.

Former Naval officer and future authorLarry Bond's exposure to this system in 1980 while on active duty led to the eventual development of Harpoon
Interesting is there a modern equivalent?

I just started to look for it, wondering if I can get a free copy for my phone? On Google play ...

Started to read about a game called "Comand"

You think they use the same technology as 50 years ago?
Did you actually read the op?
Yes. If I'd seen the article on Yahoo! or somewhere I would have read it, been mildly amused, and never thought about it again. My response was not to the article, but to your uninformed opinion coming from your viewpoint as a beggar.

Last edited:

I just started to look for it, wondering if I can get a free copy for my phone? On Google play ...

Started to read about a game called "Comand"
It looks pretty awesome:

Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations WOTY on Steam

I do not understand.
In fact it is a demonstration of NATO? If NATO, each member country pays the costs?
No.

Nato is USA by 90 %, military and financial. European armies are jokes.
Compared to who?
To armies. Equipment is rare and isn´t operational. Ammunition is tight.

"THE war in Libya may be one of those quietly telling moments in the history of more important nations. For the first time, the United States has taken a secondary role — “leading from behind,” if “leading” is even the right word — in a war prosecuted by the NATO alliance and driven by Britain and France, the two strongest military powers in Europe.

But oh what a war! More than six budget-busting months against one of the weakest militaries in the world, with shortages of planes, weapons and ammunition that were patched over by the pretense that NATO was acting simply to “protect civilians,” when it was clear to everyone that the alliance was intervening on one side of a civil war. All resemblances to the Kosovo war, of course, are a priori inadmissible. That was the war — 78 days of bombing Serbia and thousands dead before Slobodan Milosevic finally capitulated — when NATO said: “Such a success, never again!” Yet here we are — with the “responsibility to protect” the new mantra, replacing Kosovo’s “humanitarian intervention.” Both are debatable, given the failure to intervene in the separatist Russian republic of Chechnya then and Syria, Bahrain or Yemen now.

Libya has been a war in which some of the Atlantic alliance’s mightiest members did not participate, or did not participate with combat aircraft, like Spain and Turkey. It has been a war where the Danes and Norwegians did an extraordinary number of the combat sorties, given their size. Their planes and pilots became exhausted, as the French finally pulled back their sole nuclear-powered aircraft carrier for overdue repairs and Italy withdrew its aircraft carrier to save money.

Only eight of the 28 allies engaged in combat, and most ran out of ammunition, having to buy, at cost, ammunition stockpiled by the United States. Germany refused to take part, even in setting up a no-fly zone."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/04/sunday-review/what-libyas-lessons-mean-for-nato.html?_r=0

Forum List

Back