U.S. expected to sanction IDF unit for human rights violations in occupied West Bank

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken is expected to within days announce sanctions against the Israel Defense Forces "Netzah Yehuda" battalion for human rights violations in the occupied West Bank, three U.S. sources with knowledge of the issue told Axios.

Why it matters: It would be the first time the U.S. imposed sanctions on an Israeli military unit.

It just boggles the mind....I mean:
80a.jpg

Crafty way for Democrats to support Israel while trying to hold onto the Michigan vote. Trump would have told Palestinians here to fuck off.

Biden's presidency is in a lot of trouble over this. They need to please the pro-Hamas/radical anti-Trump wing of the Democrat Party, who have been in control of the Narrative since Trump was elected and Rashiada Taliab announce, "We're going to impeach the motherfucker."

But they will lose the votes of moderate Jewish Democrats if they go after Israel.

This is supposed to be the middle ground. Supporting Israel, but going after the "extremists" among the settlers.

Won't work. Not with the Squad and their fellow travelers. They don't see a bit of difference between an Israeli military unit that is fighting Hamas and settler vigilantes going after Palestinians in the West Bank.

They want Israel to be forced into a cease-fire so Hamas can regroup and rebuild for another strike. They care about nothing else - other than getting Trump.

Nah, this is a great way to pacify some Michigan supporters.

The Muslims need a way to hold against Trump whining, "Please vote for me."

.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken is expected to within days announce sanctions against the Israel Defense Forces "Netzah Yehuda" battalion for human rights violations in the occupied West Bank, three U.S. sources with knowledge of the issue told Axios.

Why it matters: It would be the first time the U.S. imposed sanctions on an Israeli military unit.

80a.jpg

Crafty way for Democrats to support Israel while trying to hold onto the Michigan vote. Trump would have told Palestinians here to fuck off.
That which shouldn't boggle your mind is that America can see it's unchallenged influence over the ME, slipsliding away.

The Zionist regime is being tested on not making the situation worse by staging an attack on Iran that they suppose will make the situation better. I bet ya that this time Iran means business.

80a.jpg

human rights violations in the occupied West Bank,

Judea and Samaria? They're occupied? That's awful! When did that happen?
Who would do such a thing?

That which shouldn't boggle your mind is that America can see it's unchallenged influence over the ME, slipsliding away.

The Zionist regime is being tested on not making the situation worse by staging an attack on Iran that they suppose will make th situation better. I bet ya that this time Iran means business.
Iran dies if it tries

80a.jpg

The search for signs of intelligent life in the Biden administration continues despite these disappointing results.

I wonder if it is a sign that some Israeli military units operating in Gaza will also be sanctioned.

Or in a much wider scale. I read recently that American public support of Israel had declined over the last years, especially among the youth.
It fluctuates, but it is still strong as witnessed by the strong bipartisan support for $17 billion in aid to Israel that is now heading to the Senate. If the Axios story is true, the US would be sanctioning a regiment now serving in Gaza for controversies that took place in the West Bank a few years ago. Clearly a political move by the Biden campaign's efforts to win Michigan and Minnesota in November.

It fluctuates, but it is still strong as witnessed by the strong bipartisan support for $17 billion in aid to Israel that is now heading to the Senate. If the Axios story is true, the US would be sanctioning a regiment now serving in Gaza for controversies that took place in the West Bank a few years ago. Clearly a political move by the Biden campaign's efforts to win Michigan and Minnesota in November.
Maybe, but I think the trend is more fundamental than just about several districts in a couple of states. It is no surprise that Israel's support is lowest among the youth. There is a number of reasons of that. And I don't think the trend will be reversed in the future.

Maybe, but I think the trend is more fundamental than just about several districts in a couple of states. It is no surprise that Israel's support is lowest among the youth. There is a number of reasons of that. And I don't think the trend will be reversed in the future.
The flip flopping of the Biden administration is certainly tied to the election, and the reason why there is a lack of support among young Americans today is that ,

" the brain’s frontal lobe, especially the prefrontal cortex, isn’t fully mature until around age 25.

The development of the pre-frontal cortex of the frontal lobe allows us to process the pros and cons of a decision before it is made. “It lets us to do things most animals cannot"

Or as Churchill put it,

‘If You Are Not a Liberal When You Are Young, You Have No Heart, and If You Are Not a Conservative When Old, You Have No Brain’

The flip flopping of the Biden administration is certainly tied to the election, and the reason why there is a lack of support among young Americans today is that ,

" the brain’s frontal lobe, especially the prefrontal cortex, isn’t fully mature until around age 25.

The development of the pre-frontal cortex of the frontal lobe allows us to process the pros and cons of a decision before it is made. “It lets us to do things most animals cannot"

Or as Churchill put it,

‘If You Are Not a Liberal When You Are Young, You Have No Heart, and If You Are Not a Conservative When Old, You Have No Brain’
My guess is 'demographic shift'. Fewer and fewer among the youth feel any connection to the WWII and its results; secularisation of the society; different social background etc. Plus, Israel's driving into 'orthodoxy' won't help the cause, either.

Or as Churchill put it,

Yeah, an arstocrate telling you how to feel is so noteworthy, almost as noteworthy as his waste of human life trying to take Gallipoli.

My guess is 'demographic shift'. Fewer and fewer among the youth feel any connection to the WWII and its results; secularisation of the society; different social background etc. Plus, Israel's driving into 'orthodoxy' won't help the cause, either.
You assuming opinions won't change as young people mature, but we both know they do.

You assuming opinions won't change as young people mature, but we both know they do.
Yes, I don't think that is because of immaturity. The young people of today have different mindset than that of the older generation.

Or in a much wider scale. I read recently that American public support of Israel had declined over the last years, especially among the youth.
The youth is ignorant, and subject to manipulation - especially if in college.

Tragically, it’s trendy to hate Jews these days.

Yes, I don't think that is because of immaturity. The young people of today have different mindset than that of the older generation.
Yes - it’s because of immaturity. Once they mature, they’ll be able to distinguish between Jews and Islamic terrorists.

Yes - it’s because of immaturity. Once they mature, they’ll be able to distinguish between Jews and Islamic terrorists.
Or they begin to ask why Israel financed Hamas in not so distant past.

Forum List

Back