U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

WASHINGTON, May 30 (Reuters) - U.S. police have shot and killed 385 people during the first five months of this year, a rate of more than two a day, the Washington Post reported on Saturday.

The Post's analysis indicates the daily death toll for 2015 is close to 2.6 as of Friday. At that pace, police will have shot and killed nearly 1,000 people by the end of the year, the paper said.

U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months REPORT

I truly believe, that the only way the police can be fixed is if the children of the Kochs, Waltons, etc start getting murdered by them. Seriously. But what if this is a mess of our own making, a price that we pay for "freedom". I'm talking about our gun culture, you know. But being about a thousand times more likely to be shot on the street doesn't sound like freedom to me.

You can't fix something that isn't broke. Crime has been coming down for the last 30 years.

WASHINGTON, May 30 (Reuters) - U.S. police have shot and killed 385 people during the first five months of this year, a rate of more than two a day, the Washington Post reported on Saturday.

The Post's analysis indicates the daily death toll for 2015 is close to 2.6 as of Friday. At that pace, police will have shot and killed nearly 1,000 people by the end of the year, the paper said.

I truly believe, that the only way the police can be fixed is if the children of the Kochs, Waltons, etc start getting murdered by them. Seriously. But what if this is a mess of our own making, a price that we pay for "freedom". I'm talking about our gun culture, you know. But being about a thousand times more likely to be shot on the street doesn't sound like freedom to me.

You can't fix something that isn't broke. Crime has been coming down for the last 30 years.

That has not necessarily been a result of aggressive policing (or even just more cops) but rather the aging of the Baby-Boomers. Most violent crime is committed by the 18-35 age group. The first Boomers began to "retire" in 1980. The RICO Act and sophisticated techniques and equipment also improved police efficiency and effectiveness.

I find your methodology - initiate a thread only to abandon it - to be typical of trolls and cowards.

Murder the Jews (Koch brothers) and Walmart? Are you listening Feds ?

Murder the Jews (Koch brothers) and Walmart? Are you listening Feds ?
With any luck, the US Dept of Homeland Security has already got him-her-it pegged...

And blacks have shot dead 2,500 people in 2013 and at a rate that would equal 11,225 dead by blacks. If you scaled it up per capita.

Forum List

Back