U.S. unemployment rate goes down

I was curious to see how the right would spin this negatively.

Hysterical!

Hysterical!

How is it spinning if it was going up until this month?

Our entire economy collapsed.

It is only because our government reacted quickly that we didn't have a second Great Depression. I expected the rate to go way over 10%. Now we are going to pull out of this. Amazing really.

Hysterical!

It is only because our government reacted quickly that we didn't have a second Great Depression. I expected the rate to go way over 10%. Now we are going to pull out of this. Amazing really.

The government began reacting under Bush.

Hysterical!

Speaking of spin.
Hey, fewer people lost jobs this month than lost jobs last month, the economy must be great. :cuckoo:

Yet, no mention of the total number of hours declining, which means people taking cuts in hours or those finding work can only find low paying part-time hours. No mention of those that have stopped looking for work, in the worst economy ever. Now with rising deficits all hope is gone for any recovery.

Average work week edged up 0.1% to 33.1 hours per week.

However, 0.2% of the labor force dropped out.

Hysterical!

Chris, you are kidding right? In fact, I think you have been yanking our chain for a long time. So many of your posts are so laughable they can't be serious. I am waiting for the day that you come clean and say you have been BS'ing all this time. I mean really, how can you not laugh when you make a comment like the one above. That one really takes the cake.

And IMO I think our unemployment rate is probably more like 16%. With the crash in the housing market, I would expect most agents saw their income disappear. Did they count those folks?

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The long-battered U.S. job market showed some signs of improvement in July as employers cut far fewer jobs from payrolls and the unemployment rate fell for the first time in more than a year, according to a government report Friday.

The Labor Department reported a net loss of 247,000 jobs in July, the fewest job losses since August 2008. Economists surveyed by Briefing.com had forecast a loss of 325,000.

The job loss in June was also revised lower -- to 443,000 job losses from 467,000.

The unemployment rate fell to 9.4% from 9.5% in June, the first decline in that closely watched reading since April of 2008. Economists had expected unemployment to rise to 9.6%.

Jobs picture brightens - Aug. 7, 2009

LOL Just think 600 thousand people had to quit looking for work to get this number.

Is this the democrats plan, Quit counting people?

What was that favorite talking point by the liberals when Bush had 4.0 and going down unemployment?

Oh, thats right.

That doesn't count the ones that gave up filing for unemployment......

What was that favorite talking point by the liberals when Bush had 4.0 and going down unemployment?

Oh, thats right.

What makes this smell is the number being exceptionally high.

Yet, no mention of the total number of hours declining, which means people taking cuts in hours or those finding work can only find low paying part-time hours. No mention of those that have stopped looking for work, in the worst economy ever. Now with rising deficits all hope is gone for any recovery.

Obviously you didn't read the link I posted.

The average hourly work week edged up to 33.1 hours, from a record low of 33.0 hours in June.

.1 hours:clap2::clap2:

33 or 33.1 hour usually doesn't even include benefits.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The long-battered U.S. job market showed some signs of improvement in July as employers cut far fewer jobs from payrolls and the unemployment rate fell for the first time in more than a year, according to a government report Friday.

The Labor Department reported a net loss of 247,000 jobs in July, the fewest job losses since August 2008. Economists surveyed by Briefing.com had forecast a loss of 325,000.

The job loss in June was also revised lower -- to 443,000 job losses from 467,000.

The unemployment rate fell to 9.4% from 9.5% in June, the first decline in that closely watched reading since April of 2008. Economists had expected unemployment to rise to 9.6%.

Hysterical!

I myself, love to see how the left spins it positively. The verbage is impressive. :)

Oh, thats right.

I don't follow. 9.4 is fairly high, but most economist expect nearly 11% before it gets better.

I personally hope it is going down.

Oh, thats right.

I don't follow. 9.4 is fairly high, but most economist expect nearly 11% before it gets better.

its summer time
employment usually does go up in the summer

and it will also in the late fall
getting ready for the christmas season

Yet when Bush created jobs you were one of those that failed to mention the TYPE of jobs he was creating - dead-end ones....

its summer time
employment usually does go up in the summer

and it will also in the late fall
getting ready for the christmas season

I was going to say. Unemployment always rises in the fall when the kids go back to college.

Yet when Bush created jobs you were one of those that failed to mention the TYPE of jobs he was creating - dead-end ones....
And yet, those who have no jobs now would kill for one of those.....dead end jobs. Would they not?

What you and most of the left failed to realize is that a job that did not pay top rate was still a paying job.

Now that they don't have a job, they are bemoaning the loss of the one that was not 'top rate'.

Nice to rationalize yourself into a no lose situation, eh?

The average hourly work week edged up to 33.1 hours, from a record low of 33.0 hours in June.

It's good news as far as we aren't hemorraging new jobs lost like in past months--but the numbers only tell how many drew FIRST time claims for the month--& do not show how many people have looked for jobs--that have just given up--& are now off of the unemployment insurance program--because their unemployment insurance benefits have expired.

I think we are starting to see a recovery in Colorado. Restaurants are busier--a lot of people on the highways & roads--at least in my area. But--it's hard for me to tell--because I live in a tourist area in the mountains. I think a lot of it--is because gasoline prices are much lower than last summer.

I think we will see depressed areas around our country for a long time--while others may start to show signs of real recovery.

As long as gas prices stay low people will eat out. Dems needed th worsen the Bush Economy, and did so by forcing oil up at the time. We were doing 4.50ish a gal for an extended period before everything went south.

They will do it again to push car sales, now that they have nationalized 2 car companies. Act 1 has a long way to go. Hammurabi and his minions still have Budgets for Four fiscal years to implement.

It's good news as far as we aren't hemorraging new jobs lost like in past months--but the numbers only tell how many drew FIRST time claims for the month--& do not show how many people have looked for jobs--that have just given up--& are now off of the unemployment insurance program--because their unemployment insurance benefits have expired.

I think we are starting to see a recovery in Colorado. Restaurants are busier--a lot of people on the highways & roads--at least in my area. But--it's hard for me to tell--because I live in a tourist area in the mountains. I think a lot of it--is because gasoline prices are much lower than last summer.

I think we will see depressed areas around our country for a long time--while others may start to show signs of real recovery.
dont forget, it IS tourist season

Forum List

Back