UGA bans hoop skirts as "racist"

Diversity= banning things? Liberal insanity in full force.
It looks like our kids are not big fans of confederate culture.
Its SOUTHERN culture. CSA existed for 4 years. Southern Culture is STILL in existence. Also NO students did no ban it a "diversity" officer did...universities are bastions of liberal anti white anti male anti straight filth. As much as I am NOT a christian I hope my kids go to Liberty University or some other conservative one where they aren't hated for their heritage and being from the south.

Always a red herring. The ban is ridiculous regardless if anyone truly wears it. Liberals always talk about freedom for themselves but removal of freedom for everyone who disagrees with them.
They wear them to balls and dances. I am buying my 2 older daughters ones for halloween and my son a confederate uniform and make sure I take them near UGA for halloween.

Update: If you call the University, they are now pinning the blame of Greek Life Director Claudia Shamp. Her office phone number is 706-542-4612. ([email protected])

Guess they are catching some flack.I am emailing her.I DOUBT she had any thing to do with it as it was previously reported their "diversity officer" was behind it.

The ban was instigated by Victor K. Wilson, executive vice president for student affairs. He praised the hoop ban as “progress.” Wilson, who is black, was hired as vice president in 2013. He previously worked at College of Charleston, which calls him a “champion of diversity” on their website. Wilson also previously worked at UGA in 2001, where he headed the Multicultural Services and Programs Department, which was sponsored by the cigarette company Philip Morris.

It is extremely odd that someone praised for his work in “diversity” and “multiculturalism” is actively working to culturally cleanse Southern culture from the UGA.

Wilson portrayed the ban as a mutual agreement between administrators and students. Of course if any student objected, they would have been demonized as a “racist.”

Yet if we tried to banned blacks from wearing their pants in the below fashion we would be called racists!

saggy-pants.jpg
I believe parts of the same state, Georgia, have made that a fine-able offense.

Always a red herring. The ban is ridiculous regardless if anyone truly wears it. Liberals always talk about freedom for themselves but removal of freedom for everyone who disagrees with them.
They wear them to balls and dances. I am buying my 2 older daughters ones for halloween and my son a confederate uniform and make sure I take them near UGA for halloween.
Nice using your kids to send a political message.

Be careful not to go anywhere too crowded:
Measles case reported in another state Georgia - CNN.com

Nice using your kids to send a political message.

Be careful not to go anywhere too crowded:
Measles case reported in another state Georgia - CNN.com
I will bear dressing up as a Klan member maybe :D My kids do it willingly they LOVE halloween and their southern and white culture/heritage. Taking them to Klan/Aryan Nations rally / meeting next month

Huh apparently they wanted to send a message after the racist Oklahoma University video. :dunno:

"Wilson said fraternity and sorority leaders made the decision not to wear such attire at the events. "

Racist Oklahoma video leads to hoop skirt ban on UGA campus AccessNorthGa

My frat had themed parties such as pimps and hoes, gangsters, hillbilly etc, none were supposed to be offensive. In fact many of my Hispanic brothers really got into the gangster theme.

A friend and I were "gangsters" once at Halloween. Suits, ties, hats, hip flasks...and violin cases. :) (I found the violin cases at a garage sale...full of tools. :confused-84: Don't look at me, I didn't do it.)

Yet if we tried to banned blacks from wearing their pants in the below fashion we would be called racists!

saggy-pants.jpg
I believe parts of the same state, Georgia, have made that a fine-able offense.
I think it is a wonderful style.

It results in thousands of arrests when slow cops catch fast perps who trip over their own pants, and allows cops to shoot many thugs who reach to pull up their pants and appear to be reaching for weapons.

Forum List

Back