🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Unbelievable This Guy Has a Statue In Central Park

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
This is the guy that invented the vaginal speculum after torturing slave women and children during experiments His reasons for using slave women? He reasoned that Black women can endure more pain. He used a shoe makers awl to pierce the head of slave infants in order to cure neonatal tetanus. This piece of human excrement has a statue in Central Park. What kind of savage can stick this into the head of an infant without anesthesia and think nothing of it?

screen-shot-2012-11-28-at-20-49-48.png

http://newamericamedia.org/2010/12/dr-marion-sims-statue-where-should-it-stand.php

"Sims operated on at least 10 slave women from about 1845 to 1849.

Although anesthesia became available in 1846, at least three of the slaves—Lucy, Anarcha and Betsey — endured surgery without it.

A New York Times article in October 1894 explains how Sims’s “first operation was on a female slave and was unsuccessful. He operated again and again on the same subject [Anarcha], and finally, in his thirtieth trial, he was successful.”

In his autobiography, Sims wrote about Lucy: “The poor girl, on her knees, bore the operation with great heroism and bravery. Lucy's agony was extreme.”

After perfecting his technique and repairing the fistulas successfully in Anarcha. Sims then repaired those of several other slave women. Only after these surgeries proved successful did he try the procedure on his white female paients, this time with anesthesia. (According to McGregor and others, Sims also operated on infants born to slaves)."

That's some sick stuff, all right.

It is. But you have to keep in mind, they did a lot of stuff in 19th century medicine that would horrify us today.

In the immortal words of Malcolm Reynolds, "It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of him was one kind of sommbitch or another."

Clearly, Simms work saved the lives of thousands of women. And, yes, he tried stuff out on slaves, probably because all those proper white women who had lost bladder and bowel control wouldn't consent to an expiramental procedure.

It is. But you have to keep in mind, they did a lot of stuff in 19th century medicine that would horrify us today.

In the immortal words of Malcolm Reynolds, "Every man who got a statue made of him was some kind of a son of a bitch".

I've been thinking how similar this is to Hitler/ Mengele's torture.

For that matter, our own govt has also done some pretty horrific things to blacks in the name of medical research.

Baby Faye, white father, black other, heart transplant at Loma Linda. Its been a while since I read about her about her both she and the baboon had the surgery without anesthesia. They didn't type and cross match the blood and drew it in adult amounts. The story at the time was that she died of kidney failure but she actually bled out.

Times were different back then.

Some of the earliest surgeons had to saw limbs off of patients in order to save them, without use of anesthetics. Times were tough for everyone back then, and people were desperate for a means to survive longer. Even a simple infection from a scratch back then could take your life.

Some of the earliest surgeons had to saw limbs off of patients in order to save them, without use of anesthetics. Times were tough for everyone back then, and people were desperate for a means to survive longer. Even a simple infection from a scratch back then could take your life.
watch the Knick on Cinemax or Netflix.....Medicine in 1900 NYC....

Is it a documentary?

Personally the history of medicine is fascinating to me.

Is it a documentary?

no its a show......

The Knick - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Is it a documentary?

no its a show......

The Knick - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Added to the bucket list. :p

This is the guy that invented the vaginal speculum after torturing slave women and children during experiments His reasons for using slave women? He reasoned that Black women can endure more pain. He used a shoe makers awl to pierce the head of slave infants in order to cure neonatal tetanus. This piece of human excrement has a statue in Central Park. What kind of savage can stick this into the head of an infant without anesthesia and think nothing of it?

http://newamericamedia.org/2010/12/dr-marion-sims-statue-where-should-it-stand.php

"Sims operated on at least 10 slave women from about 1845 to 1849.

Although anesthesia became available in 1846, at least three of the slaves—Lucy, Anarcha and Betsey — endured surgery without it.

A New York Times article in October 1894 explains how Sims’s “first operation was on a female slave and was unsuccessful. He operated again and again on the same subject [Anarcha], and finally, in his thirtieth trial, he was successful.”

In his autobiography, Sims wrote about Lucy: “The poor girl, on her knees, bore the operation with great heroism and bravery. Lucy's agony was extreme.”

After perfecting his technique and repairing the fistulas successfully in Anarcha. Sims then repaired those of several other slave women. Only after these surgeries proved successful did he try the procedure on his white female paients, this time with anesthesia. (According to McGregor and others, Sims also operated on infants born to slaves)."
People are often recognized for their contributions to society without concern as how they made their contributions. There are statues throughout the country and the world that commemorate the life of Chiropractor Columbus ignoring the acts of unspeakable inhumanity. There's a statue of Hitler praying in a Warsaw gheto. In Russia, there's a statue of Rasputin, the mad monk.

In the immortal words of Malcolm Reynolds, "Every man who got a statue made of him was some kind of a son of a bitch".

For that matter, our own govt has also done some pretty horrific things to blacks in the name of medical research.

Hitler and Mengele were heavily influenced by FDR's Tuskegee Experiments

Are you going Pro Life, or is it just the lack of anesthesia you object to? Liberals, prepare to attack!

In the immortal words of Malcolm Reynolds, "It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of him was one kind of sommbitch or another."

Clearly, Simms work saved the lives of thousands of women. And, yes, he tried stuff out on slaves, probably because all those proper white women who had lost bladder and bowel control wouldn't consent to an expiramental procedure.

Anesthesia was available. You forgot the reason he did this on Black women is because he rationalized they didnt feel pain. In effect he dehumanized them. He also had no problem in using anesthesia on white women once he perfected the procedure. Instead of being glorified he should have been put to death. He is no different than the sick German fucks over in Namibia and in Germany.

Hitler and Mengele were heavily influenced by FDR's Tuskegee Experiments
They got the blue print from their own experiments in Namibia where they experimented on the Herero people.

Shark Island Concentration Camp - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Are you going Pro Life, or is it just the lack of anesthesia you object to? Liberals, prepare to attack!
What are you talking about? Who told you I was not pro life and what does it have to do with my thread? Are you deflecting due to cognitive dissonance?

What are you talking about? Who told you I was not pro life and what does it have to do with my thread? Are you deflecting due to cognitive dissonance?

Your description reminded me of what goes on in an abortion clinic. Chalk it up to cognitive dissonance.

I don't think it is similar to Mengele. Mengele experimented on healthy people to prove crackpot theories.

Sims did surgery on women who had this condition (the one where you lost bladder and bowel control) and did eventually perfect a method that was the basis of OB/GYN practices today.

It should also be pointed out in the 19th century, the washing of hands between patients was not a common practice among physicians. In fact, when it was first suggested, some were offended that anyone would imply that a proper gentleman had dirty hands.

Forum List

Back