🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Unbelievable This Guy Has a Statue In Central Park

Your description reminded me of what goes on in an abortion clinic. Chalk it up to cognitive dissonance.

The problem is, EVERYTHING reminds you of what goes on in an aboriton clinic.

You guys have abortion on the brain.

If only you cared as much after they were born.

Times were different back then.

Some of the earliest surgeons had to saw limbs off of patients in order to save them, without use of anesthetics. Times were tough for everyone back then, and people were desperate for a means to survive longer. Even a simple infection from a scratch back then could take your life.

It should also be pointed out in the 19th century, the washing of hands between patients was not a common practice among physicians. In fact, when it was first suggested, some were offended that anyone would imply that a proper gentleman had dirty hands.

You would be correct. :)

Times were different way back then, and it was tough for everyone. I'm not sure how common it was, but lives were lost during the making of technologies or discoveries that would one day save millions of lives. Iirc, Marie Curie, the woman who discovered radiation, was inflicted with radiation poisoning because she wasn't aware of the element's effect on human bodies, or how to handle it.

Your description reminded me of what goes on in an abortion clinic. Chalk it up to cognitive dissonance.

I do care about the issue of abortion, and want the unborn to live. However, you make a very valid point regarding the bolded, which I agree with.

Wow, three illogical arguments in the same post. Perhaps YOU can answer the OP's question:

What kind of savage can stick this into the head of an infant without anesthesia and think nothing of it?

"If you only cared..." What a macabre joke.

Wow, three illogical arguments in the same post. Perhaps YOU can answer the OP's question:

What kind of savage can stick this into the head of an infant without anesthesia and think nothing of it?

"If you only cared..." What a macabre joke.

are we talking about what sims did (use the only treatment available in 19th century medicine) or what they do at abortion clinics? Becuase those aren't infants, they're fetuses.

Yes, life in the 19th century, where you had an infant mortality rate of something like 30%, was kind of harsh. .

This is the guy that invented the vaginal speculum after torturing slave women and children during experiments His reasons for using slave women? He reasoned that Black women can endure more pain. He used a shoe makers awl to pierce the head of slave infants in order to cure neonatal tetanus. This piece of human excrement has a statue in Central Park. What kind of savage can stick this into the head of an infant without anesthesia and think nothing of it?

screen-shot-2012-11-28-at-20-49-48.png

http://newamericamedia.org/2010/12/dr-marion-sims-statue-where-should-it-stand.php

"Sims operated on at least 10 slave women from about 1845 to 1849.

Although anesthesia became available in 1846, at least three of the slaves—Lucy, Anarcha and Betsey — endured surgery without it.

A New York Times article in October 1894 explains how Sims’s “first operation was on a female slave and was unsuccessful. He operated again and again on the same subject [Anarcha], and finally, in his thirtieth trial, he was successful.”

In his autobiography, Sims wrote about Lucy: “The poor girl, on her knees, bore the operation with great heroism and bravery. Lucy's agony was extreme.”

After perfecting his technique and repairing the fistulas successfully in Anarcha. Sims then repaired those of several other slave women. Only after these surgeries proved successful did he try the procedure on his white female paients, this time with anesthesia. (According to McGregor and others, Sims also operated on infants born to slaves)."
People are often recognized for their contributions to society without concern as how they made their contributions. There are statues throughout the country and the world that commemorate the life of Chiropractor Columbus ignoring the acts of unspeakable inhumanity. There's a statue of Hitler praying in a Warsaw gheto. In Russia, there's a statue of Rasputin, the mad monk.
in Disneyland there is one of Walt Disney....

This is the guy that invented the vaginal speculum after torturing slave women and children during experiments His reasons for using slave women? He reasoned that Black women can endure more pain. He used a shoe makers awl to pierce the head of slave infants in order to cure neonatal tetanus. This piece of human excrement has a statue in Central Park. What kind of savage can stick this into the head of an infant without anesthesia and think nothing of it?

http://newamericamedia.org/2010/12/dr-marion-sims-statue-where-should-it-stand.php

Although anesthesia became available in 1846, at least three of the slaves—Lucy, Anarcha and Betsey — endured surgery without it.

A New York Times article in October 1894 explains how Sims’s “first operation was on a female slave and was unsuccessful. He operated again and again on the same subject [Anarcha], and finally, in his thirtieth trial, he was successful.”

In his autobiography, Sims wrote about Lucy: “The poor girl, on her knees, bore the operation with great heroism and bravery. Lucy's agony was extreme.”

After perfecting his technique and repairing the fistulas successfully in Anarcha. Sims then repaired those of several other slave women. Only after these surgeries proved successful did he try the procedure on his white female paients, this time with anesthesia. (According to McGregor and others, Sims also operated on infants born to slaves)."
White privilege aschaplips, sucks to be you don't it?

Due to his lack of white privilege, no statue for asschaplips. Bummer Bro.

Just lets me know what type of savages people like you are. I wouldn't want to be the type of savage coward this guy was. Only feral simians can do this type of stuff.

Just lets me know what type of savages people like you are. I wouldn't want to be the type of savage coward this guy was. Only feral simians can do this type of stuff.
Quit bitching about your lack of white privilege. Suck it up

No one is bitching. As a white savage I understand you think this guy is great.

I am a white savage with white privilege, sucks to be you.

You are more like a white cave chimp with feral tendencies. I love being me.

Sure you do, that why u bitch about white people all the time, you are mad because you are not white and privileged. Sucks to be you.

Sure you do, that why u bitch about white people all the time, you are mad because you are not white and privileged. Sucks to be you.
Just pointing out all the cave chimps like you. Its a duty I owe so no one forgets or glosses over the things white people did while they try to pretend to be the civilized race. :laugh:

Just pointing out all the cave chimps like you. Its a duty I owe so no one forgets or glosses over the things white people did while they try to pretend to be the civilized race. :laugh:
Still pissed about being born black...too bad.

I love being born Black. Wouldnt have it any other way.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
sure you are.

laugh.gif
sure you are.
Glad you agree. I'm more valuable being Black than white since melanin is more valuable than gold.

Forum List

Back