UNC assigning students "white privilege rating"; Now band-aids are racist too.

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
UNC diversity workshop says beige bandaids are white privilege

Oh great. The University of North Carolina is now assigning white privilege ratings to students based on answers they give to a white privilege assessment. Also....they've found that band aids are racist. Who knew right?

I swear if someone ever tries to confront me about white privilege I'm immediately laughing in their faces and mocking them for everything about them I can find.

I have to wonder if college even matters anymore - from the crap that coming out of them these days none of them are going to function in a real job (or even real life.) I figure the "wage gap" is going to be more akin to the Earth to Pluto shortly; can you imagine these graduates functioning under the stress of managing a multi-million dollar global business? They can't even accidently read the name "Trump" without needing counseling...

UNC diversity workshop says beige bandaids are white privilege

Oh great. The University of North Carolina is now assigning white privilege ratings to students based on answers they give to a white privilege assessment. Also....they've found that band aids are racist. Who knew right?

I swear if someone ever tries to confront me about white privilege I'm immediately laughing in their faces and mocking them for everything about them I can find.
I guess we did it all wrong when my kids were growing up. We used purple, blue and an assortment of other colors of bandaids on them.

BLUE PRIVILEGE!

I have to wonder if college even matters anymore - from the crap that coming out of them these days none of them are going to function in a real job (or even real life.) I figure the "wage gap" is going to be more akin to the Earth to Pluto shortly; can you imagine these graduates functioning under the stress of managing a multi-million dollar global business? They can't even accidently read the name "Trump" without needing counseling...

College matters if you want to be a doctor or lawyer. Other than that...it doesnt. Not the 4 year liberal boot camp ones anyway.

College matters if you want to be a doctor or lawyer. Other than that...it doesnt. Not the 4 year liberal boot camp ones anyway.

Uhm... I don't know about you, but I really don't want one of these pansies tinkering around inside me - what if someone passing by in the hall says something 'offensive' and they have to run off to their safe space to cry? >.<

Trade focused schools seem to be pretty successful right now.
Our society, culture & economy have all left traditional colleges in the rear view mirror.
I understand the desire for a well rounded education but at the cost of thousands of dollars per year per course one has to question the need. Why for instance should someone majoring in mathematics or engineering need to pay tens of thousands of extra cash(debt) & hours/days/weeks wasted learning about history. Why does a mechanic need to take philosophy classes?

Teaching beyond k-12 needs to be career focused.

That just supports my position that I am right to keep my band aid from someone bleeding in the gutter. Especially if they are of the dindu persuasion.

Trade focused schools seem to be pretty successful right now.
Our society, culture & economy have all left traditional colleges in the rear view mirror.
I understand the desire for a well rounded education but at the cost of thousands of dollars per year per course one has to question the need. Why for instance should someone majoring in mathematics or engineering need to pay tens of thousands of extra cash(debt) & hours/days/weeks wasted learning about history. Why does a mechanic need to take philosophy classes?

Teaching beyond k-12 needs to be career focused.

EXACTLY right.

The smartest decision today is stay at home with parents....work part time...and attend a local tech school. Learn a skill. Then...get a better job. If you want...then transfer that to finish a 4 year degree math, science, medicine or law.

All other college is a total waste. 4 years in a dorm and massive debt for what??? A liberal boot camp is all you get.

Leftists like to think they have the high road when it comes to diversity and inclusion, but they are just as divisive and responsible for racial tensions in this country as those on the right

Leftists like to think they have the high road when it comes to diversity and inclusion, but they are just as divisive and responsible for racial tensions in this country as those on the right

"Just as"? They're MORE responsible for it. Their entire social outlook is dividing everyone into smaller groups based on race and other social labels, then turning the groups against others.

"Just as"? They're MORE responsible for it. Their entire social outlook is dividing everyone into smaller groups based on race and other social labels, then turning the groups against others.
That's tribalism. Then the tribes war with one another.

That's tribalism. Then the tribes war with one another.

Yep. And that's the plan the left has.

1. Create dozens of "tribes" identified as racial, gender, sexual, ethnic, etc groups.
2. Create one massive opposing "tribe" to fight: In today's case...straight white conservative Christian America.

They create all these tribes and try to unite them against one boogeyman.

It's quite sick.

The way you do?

The way you do?

In a mocking way? Yes. I mock the shit out of racism. It's fucking stupid to be offended by WORDS. Racism is dead the day WORDS...simple sound waves...become powerless.

Forum List

Back