Under Obamacare, N.Y. Insurance Rates DROP 50%

The encouraging news underscores the vital importance of the health law’s “individual mandate,” which requires most people to buy health insurance next year or pay a penalty.

The provision is designed to bring in a flood of young, healthy people into insurance pools, which helps reduce the cost of coverage for older and sicker enrollees.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/19/opinion/the-good-news-on-insurance-premiums.html?hp&_r=1&

Nice ....

:)

Those Red States whose Governors rejected the Insurance exchange, and expansion of Medicaid, are experiencing the 'revenge of the Insurance cartel'

Rather than show the Republicans some appreciation, the Health Insurers have applied the Big Oil gouging techniques.

And they have only just begun.

:(
Ok...How so? Show some data...
And before you go off to google, we've already covered the reasons why in some cases premiums are rising or coverage for employees has been changed.
Try something else.

All your bloviating is so much hot air and no one but the tea party chorus is listening.
Republican Governors are protecting the Insurance Cartel, and to show their appreciation, the Insurers are beating the stuffing out of Joe Six Pack.

Sad ....

Cost is down to half in California, too.

Rate Shock: In California, Obamacare To Increase Individual Health Insurance Premiums By 64-146% - Forbes

Obamacare, in fact, will increase individual-market premiums in California by as much as 146 percent.

One of the most serious flaws with Obamacare is that its blizzard of regulations and mandates drives up the cost of insurance for people who buy it on their own.

"Upon reviewing the data, I was indeed shocked by the proposed premium rates—but not in the way you might expect. The jolt that I was experiencing was not the result of the predicted out-of-control premium costs but the shock of rates far lower than what I expected—even at the lowest end of the age scale.

"So, why the all too popular narrative that Obamacare would mean unaffordable healthcare premium costs for so many Americans?"

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickung...e-insurance-exchange-announces-premium-rates/

Because the "narrative" is coming from FOX and the extreme Right - ignore it

Cost is down to half in California, too.

Rate Shock: In California, Obamacare To Increase Individual Health Insurance Premiums By 64-146% - Forbes

Obamacare, in fact, will increase individual-market premiums in California by as much as 146 percent.

One of the most serious flaws with Obamacare is that its blizzard of regulations and mandates drives up the cost of insurance for people who buy it on their own.

"Upon reviewing the data, I was indeed shocked by the proposed premium rates—but not in the way you might expect. The jolt that I was experiencing was not the result of the predicted out-of-control premium costs but the shock of rates far lower than what I expected—even at the lowest end of the age scale.

"So, why the all too popular narrative that Obamacare would mean unaffordable healthcare premium costs for so many Americans?"

Unexpected Health Insurance Rate Shock-California Obamacare Insurance Exchange Announces Premium Rates - Forbes

Because the "narrative" is coming from FOX and the extreme Right - ignore it

There is no narrative. Only facts.
You can be a cheer leader for Obama care all you like.
The bottom line is that ACA is perhaps the worst piece of legislation ever to emerge from Washington.

Is this how bad things are getting on the left? They have their heads so far up their asses that they are posting stuff that they hope will happen as if it is reality?

The new premium rates do not affect a majority of New Yorkers, who receive insurance through their employers, only those who must purchase it on their own. Because the cost of individual coverage has soared, only 17,000 New Yorkers currently buy insurance on their own. About 2.6 million are uninsured in New York State.

Idiot

What's your point? Most people do get their insurance through their employer. The exchanges are currently for the individual market and they are finding in NY the same thing they found in CA...the exchanges lower the cost of individual plans.

our premiums have increased

not sure if it isn't dem propaganda

Those Red States whose Governors rejected the Insurance exchange, and expansion of Medicaid, are experiencing the 'revenge of the Insurance cartel'

Rather than show the Republicans some appreciation, the Health Insurers have applied the Big Oil gouging techniques.

And they have only just begun.

Ok...How so? Show some data...
And before you go off to google, we've already covered the reasons why in some cases premiums are rising or coverage for employees has been changed.
Try something else.

All your bloviating is so much hot air and no one but the tea party chorus is listening.
Republican Governors are protecting the Insurance Cartel, and to show their appreciation, the Insurers are beating the stuffing out of Joe Six Pack.

Sad ....

Obfuscation and deflection.
I have the facts to support my posts.
You do not.

Forum List

Back