Unemployment benefits aren't causing a labor shortage. Low wages are. What if, and this may sound wild, businesses paid low wage workers more

At-will employment is generally described as follows: "any hiring is presumed to be 'at will'; that is, the employer is free to discharge individuals 'for good cause, or bad cause, or no cause at all,' and the employee is equally free to quit, strike, or otherwise cease work."

At-will employment is generally described as follows: "any hiring is presumed to be 'at will'; that is, the employer is free to discharge individuals 'for good cause, or bad cause, or no cause at all,' and the employee is equally free to quit, strike, or otherwise cease work."

That is exactly right. Both the employer and the employee can end the relationship at will.

But UC is in place to provide temporary assistance for individuals who have lost their job through no fault of their own. It is not meant to be an open-ended paycheck for those who choose not to work and provide for themselves.

That is exactly right. Both the employer and the employee can end the relationship at will.

But UC is in place to provide temporary assistance for individuals who have lost their job through no fault of their own. It is not meant to be an open-ended paycheck for those who choose not to work and provide for themselves.
So what. The law is the law. Why do right-wingers have any problems being Legal to the law?

So what. The law is the law. Why do right-wingers have any problems being Legal to the law?

You would have to ask a right-winger.

I have no problem being "Legal to the Law". But there is no law that says you can voluntarily quit your job and still get paid.

"The work Americans put in doesn't match the wages that come out, especially for lower earners, a gap that has become untenable for many
I completely and totally agree…

That waste of flesh and oxygen who can’t comprehend the words “No pickles” doesn’t deserve to be making $7.25. He definitely doesn’t deserve $15.00 an hour. I’m thinking $3.15.

If these low skill, low talent, no interest employees want more money start being WORTH more money.

I have no problem being "Legal to the Law". But there is no law that says you can voluntarily quit your job and still get paid.
At-will employment is generally described as follows: "any hiring is presumed to be 'at will'; that is, the employer is free to discharge individuals 'for good cause, or bad cause, or no cause at all,' and the employee is equally free to quit, strike, or otherwise cease work.

The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.

At-will employment is generally described as follows: "any hiring is presumed to be 'at will'; that is, the employer is free to discharge individuals 'for good cause, or bad cause, or no cause at all,' and the employee is equally free to quit, strike, or otherwise cease work.

The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.

And nothing in any of that says that you should continue to be paid if you voluntarily quit your job.

Quitting a job is exhilarating and empowering. Walking ng into a better one and rubbing your previous employers face in it is a wonderful feeling.

And nothing in any of that says that you should continue to be paid if you voluntarily quit your job.
Only if you appeal to ignorance of the express law. Only illegals do that, Right-Wingers.

Only if you appeal to ignorance of the express law. Only illegals do that, Right-Wingers.

I have not appealed to ignorance of anything. Nothing in the description you posted indicates you will (or should) be paid when you quit a job.

"The work Americans put in doesn't match the wages that come out, especially for lower earners, a gap that has become untenable for many."

Keeping wages depressed by flooding labor market is a reason Biden Admin won't secure border
So wages have plummeted since Bejing Biden siezed the White House ....

LMAO @ just how gullible you guys are for the Fake News.

"The work Americans put in doesn't match the wages that come out, especially for lower earners, a gap that has become untenable for many

That waste of flesh and oxygen who can’t comprehend the words “No pickles” doesn’t deserve to be making $7.25. He definitely doesn’t deserve $15.00 an hour. I’m thinking $3.15.

If these low skill, low talent, no interest employees want more money start being WORTH more money.
These jobs are meant to be after school jobs not career choices.

So those businesses should not be open until after 3pm?

Ah, a career burger flipper!

Seniors in the morning and kids in the afternoon and evening.

Ah, a career burger flipper!

Seniors in the morning and kids in the afternoon and evening.

The only food service job I ever had was during my Junior year of high school. But your comment that the jobs should only be for after school seemed silly.

I have not appealed to ignorance of anything. Nothing in the description you posted indicates you will (or should) be paid when you quit a job.
Yes, you have; do you not realize it, Right-Winger? It is implied by the law. If employers don't need good Cause then neither does Labor as the least wealthy under our form of Capitalism.

Forum List

Back