Unemployment Down to 7.8%

I'll get excited about it if it stays below 8% for a few months.
But i have a feeling it'll be right back up there next month....JUST before the elections! Lol!

After the election the report will show a surprising jump. and start climbing back up

I love how the right wingers all try and say these numbers are false.. But, when they are in favor of their agenda the numbers are touted.

Same with the poll numbers.. When their guy was winning it was thrown around and touted, now that he is down in the polls there is a conspiracy against the Neocons.

Simple minded, they are.

No one says the UE numbers are false, merely misleading. If workforce participation were equal to what it was the day Obama took office the actual UE number would be way north of 10%.
You can call it what you want doesn't change the fact
THE NUMBERS ARE COOKED:eusa_whistle:

Conservative math

Unemployment: THE NUMBERS ARE COOKED
Polls: THE NUMBERS ARE COOKED
Global warming: THE NUMBERS ARE COOKED
Obama Birth Certificate: THE NUMBERS ARE COOKED

I love how the right wingers all try and say these numbers are false.. But, when they are in favor of their agenda the numbers are touted.

Same with the poll numbers.. When their guy was winning it was thrown around and touted, now that he is down in the polls there is a conspiracy against the Neocons.

Simple minded, they are.

No one says the UE numbers are false, merely misleading. If workforce participation were equal to what it was the day Obama took office the actual UE number would be way north of 10%.

How do we know they're not false? These numbers are based on the household survey where they call 60,000 people and ask them questions, and the payroll survey where they call big businesses and government agencies to get jobs numbers.
A tale of 2 US employment surveys, at a glance - Business - Stocks & economy | NBC News
Yeah, seems to me it sure as hell CAN be manipulated.

Somehow they manage to find a whopping 873K more people employed in the household survey, but only 114,000 new jobs. And they get to move the goalposts with all the extra employed people they just happened to find.

As Business insider notes, there are actually two jobs surveys released every month: “There’s the Establishment Non-Farm Payrolls report, which surveys businesses, and the household survey, which surveys households, the latter of which is always more volatile.”

And according to that latter survey, there were 873K people who found jobs, and the unemployment rate fell. However, according to the former survey, Zero Hedge says, only 114,000 new jobs were added. And that’s where the discrepancy is in the report: While one survey asking households claims 873K became employed the businesses survey reports only an increase in 114K new ones. Both numbers, you might notice, are used in the final reporting.

cont... September Jobs Numbers Report | Unemployment Falls | TheBlaze.com

Conservative math

No noticeable improvement in the jobs market, rising numbers on government assistance programs, the numbers drop just like I said they would right at election time, obama controls the department head to releases the numbers, and you some how think there is nothing wrong with this pitcure

We have 15K MORE people not working this month that want to work than we did last month..

Your math sucks. Table A1
Total Employment went from 142,101,000 to 142,974,000 (increase of 873,000)
Unemployed went from 12,544,000 to 12,088,000 (decrease of 456,000)
People Not in the Labor Force who want a job now (but aren't looking and/or aren't available) went from 6,957,000 to 6,727,000 (decrease of 230,000)

So there are FEWER people who want a job and don't have one (686,000 fewer)

The 114,000 change is Non farm payroll jobs, NOT total employment, and is not used to calculate the UE rate.

And here we have pinqy using the source that COOKS the numbers to justify why someone is wrong.:eusa_whistle:

And your source of data is...?????

Conservative math

No noticeable improvement in the jobs market, rising numbers on government assistance programs, the numbers drop just like I said they would right at election time, obama controls the department head to releases the numbers, and you some how think there is nothing wrong with this pitcure

Can you show where the BLS reports to Obama?

Your math sucks. Table A1
Total Employment went from 142,101,000 to 142,974,000 (increase of 873,000)
Unemployed went from 12,544,000 to 12,088,000 (decrease of 456,000)
People Not in the Labor Force who want a job now (but aren't looking and/or aren't available) went from 6,957,000 to 6,727,000 (decrease of 230,000)

So there are FEWER people who want a job and don't have one (686,000 fewer)

The 114,000 change is Non farm payroll jobs, NOT total employment, and is not used to calculate the UE rate.

And here we have pinqy using the source that COOKS the numbers to justify why someone is wrong.:eusa_whistle:

And your source of data is...?????

You're using obama's labor department numbers. It's election time and I said the numbers would be below 8% at election time. MONTHS AGO

Participation Rate is still way to low. Real unemployment still above 11%. Only 114,000 jobs added in Sept which means the rate will likely be revised back above 8% next month.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/09/business/worldbusiness/09iht-jobs.4.19232394.html?_r=0

So, in January 2009 (under the Bush Administration) we lost 2.6 Million Jobs; another quarter of million jobs were lost in the first three months of 2009 under the Bush Budget. We hit rock bottom in 2010 and since then we've added private sector jobs every month. Yes, since Obama's budget became the controlling document.

Sadly, trolls like beretta will never be honest and acknowledge that the economy is on the mend. Worse, s/he hopes it isn't.

UE numbers would be better but for the number of public service workers who have been under attack by the far right, along with union workers and the poor. 28% of Americans cannot be considered Republicans or even conservatives, they - as is beretta - are members of the idiot fringe, that element motivated by avarice, hate and fear of minorities and women gaining power in our society and hold a callous disregard for others.

Conservative math

Who appoint the Secretary of labor?
Who releases the BLS numbers?

no matter how much the GOP sycophants on here whine and wail, they KNOW that these employment figures are bad news for Mittens.

And then, National Geographic will release the patriotic documentary about the raid getting OBL two days before the election, just in time to remind everyone once more who promised to get OBL and who kept his promise.

ouch.

How do we know they're not false? These numbers are based on the household survey where they call 60,000 people and ask them questions, and the payroll survey where they call big businesses and government agencies to get jobs numbers.
A tale of 2 US employment surveys, at a glance - Business - Stocks & economy | NBC News
Yeah, seems to me it sure as hell CAN be manipulated.
Ok, how? Details, please.

Somehow they manage to find a whopping 873K more people employed in the household survey, but only 114,000 new jobs.
They measure different things with a different timeframe. Yes it is unusually off this month...even adjusting the household survey employment to more closely match the payroll survey, the household survey is still over twice the gains of the payroll survey. Shit happens with surveys sometimes.

so it is your assertion that the president has directed the secretary of labor to deliberately release fraudulent numbers? really?

But i have a feeling it'll be right back up there next month....JUST before the elections! Lol!

After the election the report will show a surprising jump. and start climbing back up

How fucking stupid are you? The ADP job creation numbers have been exceeding the BLS numbers for 3 months. Are you too dumb to know what that means?

no matter how much the GOP sycophants on here whine and wail, they KNOW that these employment figures are bad news for Mittens.

And then, National Geographic will release the patriotic documentary about the raid getting OBL two days before the election, just in time to remind everyone once more who promised to get OBL and who kept his promise.

ouch.
Which OBL Raid story do you think they will show? There was at least 3 different versions from the White House.

so it is your assertion that the president has directed the secretary of labor to deliberately release fraudulent numbers? really?

Is obama an honest president? Where is the transparency he promised?

why do you avoid answering simple yes or no question?

YES or NO...is it your assertion that the president has directed the secretary of labor to deliberately release fraudulent numbers?

How fucking stupid are you? The ADP job creation numbers have been exceeding the BLS numbers for 3 months. Are you too dumb to know what that means?

OH the BLS? Unemployment will have a surprising jump and start going back up after the election.

U6 stayed the same... A true indication of unemployment...

But if the libs want to be happy that hundreds of thousands of people had to settle for part time work ("Burger Flipping Jobs" as Pelosi calls them) because theres nothing full-time available, then have at it...:thup:

ouch.
Which OBL Raid story do you think they will show? There was at least 3 different versions from the White House.

Oh... I dunno.... but I'd think the chances that they put out a version that makes the president look really good... are really good. :lol:

Is obama an honest president? Where is the transparency he promised?

why do you avoid answering simple yes or no question?

YES or NO...is it your assertion that the president has directed the secretary of labor to deliberately release fraudulent numbers?

YES you dumb son of a bitch are you that stupid that you did not understand it the first fucking time?
Now Is obama an honest president? Where is the transparency he promised?

Forum List

Back