Unions winning big in UK courts.

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

£3 an hour is £120 a week on a full week. Thats a lot of money. Asda was part of walmart until recently and I would expect the sale price to reflect the possible outcome of this case.

Walmart were absolute shits for people to work for and there were annual redundencies or restructuring programmes during the period that my company had contracts there. There is no goodwill left amongst the workforce and asda are going to have to pay up.
Perhaps the tide has turned in the oppression of the worker.

Asda will just raise their prices and cut staff, after being dragged through the ringer here.

In America, the vast majority of groceries are bought at Scab retailers from Walmart to Target to Trader Joes and Whole Foods. Eliminates the whole problem of union bosses and business agents bringing the outfit to their knees with litigation.

Many unionized groceries were run out of business years ago.

Walmart when first started wasn’t bad but after the death of the founder it went to hell fast!

WMT is still making money, and the system is still working sufficiently well. Save a lot of money at Walmart.

BTW, they pay as much if not more than other grocery stores and retail.

I shop, unashamedly, at Walmart- I have yet to run across a disgruntled worker- the one I shop at has a huge variety of products- the same as the other stores, sometimes, with some items, more, with a few exceptions- but, the prices are lower to way lower- the house brand quality exceeds the name brand on many items- down here, in Texas, in the Houston area a lot of our food comes from Mexico, especially produce- one store in particular, HEB, has it's house brand products (chips etc) produced in Mexico- name brand at Walmart is less expensive-

I can get on board with being against favoritism given large corporations- but, in the case of Walmart, they provide an income for a lot of people and the provide more reasonable prices for people my age who don't fall into the affluent class- me being one of them- there is anecdotal evidence of many things in this world- hanging your hat on anecdotes leads to misrepresentation-

IF you want to bitch about something, which is apparently the case- try directing your angst and hate at the rule writers and the ignorance perpetrated by lawyers, who are pretty fucking ignorant themselves, IF/when intelligent is taken into account.

What the ignorant, and that includes message board posters, who believe they're infallible, fail to recognize, is; rules are made to be broken. See the rule writers for all the evidence you require which is NOT anecdotal- and consider, if you're capable, some people live to break the rules, they come by it naturally, some work at it, think lawyers (and rule writers), and many emulate their success = rules are made to be broken and rules are thought of as necessary to control others- so, what's the alternative? More rules? Oh, laws- more laws? Laws are intended to punish for criminal behavior- what is considered criminal? Playing by the rules? Who doesn't?

As far as I understand, that is about the government telling private businesses how much to pay their employees. That is not a good thing, I think.

£3 an hour is £120 a week on a full week. Thats a lot of money. Asda was part of walmart until recently and I would expect the sale price to reflect the possible outcome of this case.

Walmart were absolute shits for people to work for and there were annual redundencies or restructuring programmes during the period that my company had contracts there. There is no goodwill left amongst the workforce and asda are going to have to pay up.
Perhaps the tide has turned in the oppression of the worker.

And yet you shop there?

Asda will just raise their prices and cut staff, after being dragged through the ringer here.

In America, the vast majority of groceries are bought at Scab retailers from Walmart to Target to Trader Joes and Whole Foods. Eliminates the whole problem of union bosses and business agents bringing the outfit to their knees with litigation.

Many unionized groceries were run out of business years ago.
You misunderstand the ruling. Every retailer will have to abide by this decision so any payment changes will affect all of them. Asda could stick a penny on a can of beans and cover it.

Perhaps they could just comply with the law, treat their staff fairly and save a fortune ontheir bastard lawyers.

You misunderstand the ruling. Every retailer will have to abide by this decision so any payment changes will affect all of them. Asda could stick a penny on a can of beans and cover it.

Perhaps they could just comply with the law, treat their staff fairly and save a fortune ontheir bastard lawyers
It is absurd to demand equal payments for jobs which require different level of capabilities. I think that nowhere in Europe women get less than men for the same work just because they are women.

Perhaps they could just comply with the law, treat their staff fairly and save a fortune ontheir bastard lawyers
It is absurd to demand equal payments for jobs which require different level of capabilities. I think that nowhere in Europe women get less than men for the same work just because they are women.
These jobs have been evaluated and are the same.

Evaluated by whom and what the same means? The women work in the store and the men are in the warehouse. This means their jobs arent the same. If the women want a higher salary for the 'same' work, then why didn't they apply for jobs in the warehouse?

Evaluated by whom and what the same means? The women work in the store and the men are in the warehouse. This means their jobs arent the same. If the women want a higher salary for the 'same' work, then why didn't they apply for jobs in the warehouse?
If you read the report you will see that 4 separate courts have agreed on this. Why do you hate women ?

If you read the report you will see that 4 separate courts have agreed on this. Why do you hate women ?
Your question is pointless, really.

Actually, the court in its decision claimed that the ruling didn't mean the store workers would automatically get the equal salary with the warehouse workers.

And now address my questions please. How can the work in the store be recognized the same as in the warehouse? And if they are the same, then why the women didn't apply for the work in the warehouse?

Why do you hate women ?

It is moronic, knee jerk responses like this that loses your credibility, albeit the little you have left.

Forum List

Back