🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Univ. of Illinois prof says algebra and geometry are RACIST!!

Ah yes, and everyone of these goofball bigoted posters has taken more calculus and math in college than Neil DeGrasse Tyson. LOL

Neil DeGrasse reminds me of Bill Nye. Nye's "science" education is a BS in mechanical eng. (He knows how to draft with triangles!) Yet, because Nye pontificates on Evolution, people like you have a boner for him and are impressed by the depth of his shallow knowledge of science.

Neil DeGrasse is black, and he knows a little about science, and that impresses the sh1t out of you, like someone commenting that Obama is articulate, just because he's a black man who knows how to use complete sentences. Until we eliminate the racial preferences in college, and they're huge, DeGresse's science education proves little. If he were a great scientist, he probably wouldn't be a celebrity scientist, ala Bill Nye.

ROFL! I laugh, but it is kind of SCARY to think that these people are allowed to teach anyone. This explains a lot of where people get their silly ideas.

For those familiar with the Bell Curve, and the recent studies relative to race, gender, ethnicity, and so forth...

The average IQ in sub-Saharan Africa is approximately 70. The average IQ among African-Americans is 85. The overall average is, of course, 100.

But that says nothing about INDIVIDUAL potential. The average IQ among my self and my siblings is about 100, but mine is 142 (2 brothers well below average). Does the fact that my family average IQ is 100 limit my potential? Not at all. (But it did make for interesting situations in school, especially each September; the teachers always assumed I would be a stupid troublemaker).

In a country with more than 20 million "African Americans," there are many thousands of brilliant individuals, and many thousands who have accomplished great things (outside the arts and sports), whose contributions should be an inspiration to everyone, regardless of race.

Very few careers demand a knowledge of higher mathematics, fewer even than a short generation ago, with relevant computer software being developed constantly. So you won't find many "Black" actuaries or mechanical engineers, but so what? There are a million other careers and. businesses for which just about anyone has the intelligence to pursue.

Both men are one hell of a lot smarter than an ignorant cracker like you. Ever take calculus in college? Any science courses? How about history or literature? Care to compare President Obama's speeches to those of the ignorant bastard at present occupying the White House. LOL

For those familiar with the Bell Curve, and the recent studies relative to race, gender, ethnicity, and so forth...

The average IQ in sub-Saharan Africa is approximately 70. The average IQ among African-Americans is 85. The overall average is, of course, 100.

But that says nothing about INDIVIDUAL potential. The average IQ among my self and my siblings is about 100, but mine is 142 (2 brothers well below average). Does the fact that my family average IQ is 100 limit my potential? Not at all. (But it did make for interesting situations in school, especially each September; the teachers always assumed I would be a stupid troublemaker).

In a country with more than 20 million "African Americans," there are many thousands of brilliant individuals, and many thousands who have accomplished great things (outside the arts and sports), whose contributions should be an inspiration to everyone, regardless of race.

Very few careers demand a knowledge of higher mathematics, fewer even than a short generation ago, with relevant computer software being developed constantly. So you won't find many "Black" actuaries or mechanical engineers, but so what? There are a million other careers and. businesses for which just about anyone has the intelligence to pursue.
About Us
Home > Welcome > About Us
The National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) is a 501(C)(3) non-profit association that is owned and managed by its members. The organization is dedicated to the academic and professional success of African-American engineering students and professionals. NSBE offers its members leadership training, professional development, mentoring opportunities, career placement services and more! NSBE is comprised of more than 270 collegiate, 75 professional and 75 pre-college chapters nationwide and overseas. NSBE is governed by an executive board of college students and professional engineers (Professional Board only) and is operated by a professional staff in our National Headquarters located in Alexandria, VA. Since 1975, the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) has become one of the largest student-run organizations in the world. The formation of the National Society of Black Engineers-Professionals dates back to 1980, when NSBE Professionals presented a proposal to the NSBE student membership to include an professional sector in the organization. Although the Professionals was not accepted at that time, the effort initiated a multi-year process to create NSBE-Professionals.

A revised proposal reflecting the origins of the current alumni infrastructure was developed in 1984, and formalized in 1985. At the 1985 NSBE national conference, the NSBE membership approved the formation of an Alumni Task Force. They were assembled to design NSBE-Professionals by the 1988 NSBE national conference. During this three-year period, the views of NSBE students and professionals from across the nation were articulated, leading to the derivation of the NSBE-Professional Operating Guidelines. In March 1988, at the 14th Annual National NSBE Convention, the NSBE membership approved the proposal to include the Professionals as an operating entity of the National Society of Black Engineers.

During the 1988-89 year, the Professionals focused on redefining their Operating Guidelines and developing regional infrastructures in accordance with these guidelines. This effort marked the final steps in the formation of the Professionals. The addition of the Professionals to the overall NSBE structure not only promotes participation and input from the professional engineering community, but also provides a mechanism for NSBE graduating seniors to continue their involvement with the organization.

The purpose of the Professional is to support NSBE in a way that: Develops and enhances NSBE programs. Increases technical awareness. Encourages scholastic achievement, and Stimulates enthusiasm in the Black engineering community in order to promote technical expertise, professionalism, and fellowship among Black engineers.
About Us - National Society of Black Engineers

You don't find that many women engineers, either. Not because the women are not as capable as men of doing engineering, but because of cultural attitudes in this nation.

The leaders of libtards are actually very smart and use every manipulation tool in the box. They teach their libtard follows to accuse others of the very substance of what libtards are, such as accusations of racism.
LOL Look as your and other posts on this thread. Accusations of bigotry and stupidity? No, we are looking at absolute proof of bigotry and stupidity. You assholes are scared to death that the blacks and others will realize the value of education, and leave your ignorant asses even further in the dust.

math is evil, but not in that way. math can kill you with boredom!

Professor Claims Math, Algebra And Geometry Promote 'White Privilege'
No wonder I have become quite wealthy, for I excelled at mathematics. You look at a welfare queen and their math skills must be counted on each digit of fingers and toes.

1c37fe0408a4cd247e3a371d9d4b3a65.jpg

The leaders of libtards are actually very smart and use every manipulation tool in the box. They teach their libtard follows to accuse others of the very substance of what libtards are, such as accusations of racism.
LOL Look as your and other posts on this thread. Accusations of bigotry and stupidity? No, we are looking at absolute proof of bigotry and stupidity. You assholes are scared to death that the blacks and others will realize the value of education, and leave your ignorant asses even further in the dust.
We? LOL! The facts say otherwise. The black leader of South Africa kicked all the whites out now it's so bad he begs for them to come back!

Both men are one hell of a lot smarter than an ignorant cracker like you. Ever take calculus in college? Any science courses? How about history or literature? Care to compare President Obama's speeches to those of the ignorant bastard at present occupying the White House. LOL
Ever heard Obama off the teleprompter? He sounds like a special ed student. Obama is a fool, glad he is just a citizen again.

Yeah, they can be prison guards. They'll just about hire anyone.

Lol, liberals are scared that if blacks get an education, they will leave the plantation. Then you won't get their votes. That is why liberals are against charter schools and vouchers.

Blacks are terrible at math. That's why blacks want math banned. Blacks are bad at everything outside of sports.

Prof: Algebra, geometry perpetuate white privilege

oct 23 2017 A math education professor at the University of Illinois argued in a newly published book that algebraic and geometry skills perpetuate “unearned privilege” among whites.

Rochelle Gutierrez, a professor at the University of Illinois, made the claim in a new anthology for math teachers, arguing that teachers must be aware of the “politics that mathematics brings” in society.

“On many levels, mathematics itself operates as Whiteness. Who gets credit for doing and developing mathematics, who is capable in mathematics, and who is seen as part of the mathematical community is generally viewed as White,” Gutierrez argued.

Gutierrez also worries that algebra and geometry perpetuate privilege, fretting that “curricula emphasizing terms like Pythagorean theorem and pi perpetuate a perception that mathematics was largely developed by Greeks and other Europeans."
They are mooooooslim.

Lol, liberals are scared that if blacks get an education, they will leave the plantation. Then you won't get their votes. That is why liberals are against charter schools and vouchers.

6a00d8341d4dc653ef01bb095c2e9d970d-500wi.png

Very few careers actually demand anything that an average individual couldn't master. A low-IQ person could be a "good" mechanical engineer, if he were taught only the handful of things his specific job needs. Consider NASA, in the early days, had monkeys in a math pool doing the calculations for rocket scientists.

Low-IQ people have trouble benefiting from a general education. And, low-IQ people have trouble with situations they weren't trained for, regardless of the job.

Anywho, blacks perform poorly. We can blame low IQ or racial oppression. Society chooses the lie. If we admitted that the problems with blacks isn't oppression, we could do better in addressing the needs of blacks.[

ROFL! I laugh, but it is kind of SCARY to think that these people are allowed to teach anyone. This explains a lot of where people get their silly ideas.

It does prove that dumb can be disguised as almost anything. I mean a math practitioner you would expect to be very fact and results driven, but this poor woman has been dunked in a vat of liberal goop, and it has short circuited the logic function of her brain. May want to transfer her to the head of the Women’s Studies Department, no offense intended to the women here who see this for what it is.

Forum List

Back