Universe A-Z

Wolf-Rayet stars

1615558724372.png

WR 124

Charles Wolf and Georges Rayet discovered three stars with emission bands in 1867 using a 40cm Foucault telescope at the Paris Observatory. Stars absorb energy at different frequencies but stars that emit gas that include a sequence of helium and nitrogen or another sequence of helium, oxygen and carbon, were something unusual. These stars were then named Wolf-Rayet stars from the astronomers that discovered them.

Zero Hour

She packed my bags lasts night, pre-flight
Zero hour: 9:00 a.m.
And I'm gonna be high as a kite by then
I miss the Earth so much, I miss my wife
It's lonely out in space
On such a timeless flight

Aurora

1615904607602.png

Without a fair background around the sun, you might conclude that the only connection between the sun and our earth is the sunlight. With this, there are also false impressions regarding the auroras, or commonly known as “polar lights”:

Ceres
Dwarf planet Ceres is the largest object in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter and the only dwarf planet located in the inner solar system. It was the first member of the asteroid belt to be discovered when Giuseppe Piazzi spotted it in 1801. And when Dawn arrived in 2015, Ceres became the first dwarf planet to receive a visit from a spacecraft.

1616937905842.png

Called an asteroid for many years, Ceres is so much bigger and so different from its rocky neighbors that scientists classified it as a dwarf planet in 2006. Even though Ceres comprises 25 percent of the asteroid belt's t

Ceres

GRO J1655-40, is a binary star consisting of an evolved F-type primary star and a massive, unseen companion, which orbit each other once every 2.6 days in the constellation of Scorpius. Gas from the surface of the visible star is accreted onto the dark companion, which appears to be a stellar black hole with several times the mass of the Sun. The optical companion of this low-mass X-ray binary is a subgiant F star.

GRO J1655-40.jpg
An artist's impression of GRO J1655-40

GRO J1655-40 - Wikipedia

Universe Infinite or not ?

1624538945898.png

What we know with certainty is that the Big Bang occurred 13.8 billion years ago, meaning that is the age of the universe. However, due to the inflation of the universe, as well as the apparently accelerating expansion of every observable corner of the universe, the most distant light we have been able to detect is from roughly 46 billion light-years

Forum List

Back