University of Iowa to let mentally ill students choose their own pronouns

I imagine they were just trying to get inline with the anti discrimination laws against transgender people...
End Trans Discrimination

It's a shame there are still bigots around who just don't get the fact that they're bigoted. Not mentioning any names now -.-...

I imagine they were just trying to get inline with the anti discrimination laws against transgender people...
End Trans Discrimination

It's a shame there are still bigots around who just don't get the fact that they're bigoted. Not mentioning any names now -.-...
Is it bigotry when you don't play along with an anorexic?

End Trans Discrimination

Is it bigotry when you don't play along with an anorexic?

Did you actually read the article you posted? Just in case you didn't, here's the title of it:
"UI to give students option to list preferred gender pronouns"

In the introduction, they elaborate:
**New and returning students at the University of Iowa will have the opportunity this fall to include their preferred names and gender pronouns as part of their student record.

Three years ago, UI became one of the first institutions in the nation to allow students to identify as transgender on their admissions application. A handful of other schools have since allowed students to include their preferred names and gender pronouns alongside their legal name and gender assigned at birth.

In essence, the University is allowing transgender people the freedom to label themselves as the gender that they identify with, something that should be commended . There is no mention of anorexia, or mentally ill people in it.

Forum List

Back